Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2015, 06:45 AM   #29
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
I find that most people who drive a Prius or any other hybrid model are not doing so because they have environmental concerns, but simply for the fact that driving one saves them a lot of money in fuel costs. In fact, most of the people I know who use an electric or hybrid vehicle as a commuter also own other cars that are not as stingy with fuel.

To me, if you assume everyone driving a hybrid vehicle is some sort of tree-hugging eco-freak who looks down on anyone who drives a V8 powered car or truck, you might be the one with the attitude problem.
You are probably correct, but you know what they say about cliche's right?

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:25 AM   #30
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
You are probably correct, but you know what they say about cliche's right?
I don't, but I'm guessing "don't put it in there, you don't know where it's been'? Or am I just adding to the cliché's?
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:27 AM   #31
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
does anyone on these forums actually own a prius? would be funny
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:29 AM   #32
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
I find that most people who drive a Prius or any other hybrid model are not doing so because they have environmental concerns, but simply for the fact that driving one saves them a lot of money in fuel costs. In fact, most of the people I know who use an electric or hybrid vehicle as a commuter also own other cars that are not as stingy with fuel.

To me, if you assume everyone driving a hybrid vehicle is some sort of tree-hugging eco-freak who looks down on anyone who drives a V8 powered car or truck, you might be the one with the attitude problem.
stereotypes start for a reason. up here in VT, they are all hippie wannabe hipster douchebags with ironic beards, patagonia skull caps and home made coffee- but in a starbucks cup. there isn't a starbucks for 100 miles.
i have a decal on my land rover that says 'runs on 100% recycled dinosaurs'
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:43 AM   #33
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Those prius are everywhere around here and most of them drive faster than I thought possible.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:45 AM   #34
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I once heard that a man who buys a Prius has no soul.

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:47 AM   #35
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

I can buy a lot of gas for the price or an electric car.

One of the girls I work with owns a prius and a electric car. Never knew this until we started talking but her electric car only gets about 75 miles before it needs to be recharged. IMO, its a waste of money if you can't go anywhere with it. She did say they have charging stations at rest stop but again depending if its a 120, 240 or 480 (I think she said 480) your vehicle takes between 4 to 12 hours to charge.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:53 AM   #36
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
Not to mention the battery in a prius is about 5000,they fail fairly regularly
Old 06-29-2015, 07:55 AM   #37
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
does anyone on these forums actually own a prius? would be funny
Odds are yes
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:20 AM   #38
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
stereotypes start for a reason. up here in VT, they are all hippie wannabe hipster douchebags with ironic beards, patagonia skull caps and home made coffee- but in a starbucks cup. there isn't a starbucks for 100 miles.
i have a decal on my land rover that says 'runs on 100% recycled dinosaurs'
+1 for the Finger Lakes. Add to that, they all wear Birkenstocks and many are elated over Friday's SCOTUS ruling. They also should have a bumper sticker that reads, " My other car is my feet!"

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #39
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:

It seems that people stereotype hybrid driver's but then get upset when they do the same thing in reverse. Then, at least according to this thread, everybody fulfills their stereotype by intentionally going out of their way to "dust them." Oh boy, I beat a Prius. LOL

My uncle has a Leaf (all electric). If I had a long commute every day, I would justify one also. I don't so it's cheaper for me to drive gas (plus I'd always have cool cars, but not everyone is "into" cars like we). Also, to remember, not everyone who is into cars like Camaro's has a need for speed. Some of us are content not showing how much bigger and badder we are than the Prius. It only matters that we know - we don't have to prove it to the Prius driver and feed into the stereotype.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #40
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
It seems that people stereotype hybrid driver's but then get upset when they do the same thing in reverse. Then, at least according to this thread, everybody fulfills their stereotype by intentionally going out of their way to "dust them." Oh boy, I beat a Prius. LOL

My uncle has a Leaf (all electric). If I had a long commute every day, I would justify one also. I don't so it's cheaper for me to drive gas (plus I'd always have cool cars, but not everyone is "into" cars like we). Also, to remember, not everyone who is into cars like Camaro's has a need for speed. Some of us are content not showing how much bigger and badder we are than the Prius. It only matters that we know - we don't have to prove it to the Prius driver and feed into the stereotype.
I don't think the OP would have had an issue either were it not for the gesture that the lady made.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:51 AM   #41
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Your the second one to say about them driving slow. Around here they all drive like they stole it.
I noticed that too.

They think they are fast or something
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:58 AM   #42
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthpanda View Post
Burning more gas has got to be better for the environment. That's why it makes sense after so many years. Smh...
Nobody is stopping you from driving a Prius. It might make up for some of the fuel I burn and even help keep my fuel costs down.

The idea that anything is better than what we are currently doing is a very dangerous one. Some people react and the rest of us are left with the unintended consequences. Instead of "just don't stand there, do something" try "don't just do something, stand there" you might find real, viable solutions that don't require killing off half the population to make them work smh...

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote