Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
luvnmycamaro

Drives: Inferno orange 2SS
Snow and Ice tires

I am going to go ahead and order the pirelli scorpion for the wife, hopefully there not junk there the only ones with the right size for her car, she has the roller skates on the front brakes. what do you guys (gals) think?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I love them. I have the 20" set on my 2LT and I am very impressed. They feel a lot like the Pzero's, they just don't grip the road and corner like those. They also don't slip/stick like the Pzeros do when it gets cold.

I drove my camaro in today as we are getting all this snow, and they get traction where all seasons won't. I've drove them in 6 inches of unplowed snow and they worked great. Only issue was when someone plowed the sidewalk out in the street, I got stuck when I made a complete stop. Had to back up and momentum through it.

According to the specs, you can still run your car up to 150mph with the scorpion ice and snow tires.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
BarticusRu

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Send a message via Yahoo to BarticusRu
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
I love them. I have the 20" set on my 2LT and I am very impressed. They feel a lot like the Pzero's, they just don't grip the road and corner like those. They also don't slip/stick like the Pzeros do when it gets cold.

I drove my camaro in today as we are getting all this snow, and they get traction where all seasons won't. I've drove them in 6 inches of unplowed snow and they worked great. Only issue was when someone plowed the sidewalk out in the street, I got stuck when I made a complete stop. Had to back up and momentum through it.

According to the specs, you can still run your car up to 150mph with the scorpion ice and snow tires.

Agreed! I get around better with my Scorpions than a lot of people with front wheel drive cars and all weather tires.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
luvnmycamaro

Drives: Inferno orange 2SS
cool, thanks, that seals it, scorpions it is
Old 02-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
Stooph

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS
I have the blizzaks. They are amazing considering NJ has been getting pounded with snow and ice this year. I have been out in some of the blizzards and have not had one bit of problems. They grip well and rarely spin! If I were you I'd definitely consider looking into these as well. They are on my stock rim and the tire size is 245 all around.

2010 2SS Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro
Stooph is offline   Reply With Quote