Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #15
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
No problem with the tranny.
Thanks !! That could be one of my issues too... Going to have it looked at tomorrow.
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #16
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
You have been getting some good advise and it seems your quick to check it out .You want to eliminate whatever is causing that tyranny vibration or it will destroy your tranny.I think a 1 piece ds is going to amplifie your issues.Not because the 1 pc is bad just because of your particular issue.If there's any way I can help you let me know.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:47 AM   #17
camarorick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveshaftshop View Post
i would not say that it, the stock shaft although not 100% with all the rubber is allot more forgiving. the specs i gave were SAE standards. you are close enough. if the vibration was constant at high speeds i may think about the shaft but not convinced here.. have you taken the wheels off the rear and run it on jsck stands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
Those run out #'s sound ok to me.
Could be several things from a bent wheel, out of ballance tire, alignment issue to a bad center carrier on the driveshaft.
Is the car still under warranty? If so maybe a dealer can take a look at it.
Did the test with the wheels off, same vibrations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
You have been getting some good advise and it seems your quick to check it out .You want to eliminate whatever is causing that tyranny vibration or it will destroy your tranny.I think a 1 piece ds is going to amplifie your issues.Not because the 1 pc is bad just because of your particular issue.If there's any way I can help you let me know.
Thanks for all the feedback guys !! I appreciate all the help !!

Went to a transmission shop this morning to get their take, and was told that what I'm feeling / hearing is indeed the NVH, and that everything else seems to be OK. Apparently, the groan is normal !!

Went back to the dealer afterwards to have them diagnose, and they came back with the same results...

I really can't stand the sound / feeling, and since most of my commute is @ 30mph, and it's always in 4th gear, I feels like I'm driving a truck !! I can't have that !

The dealer gave me a super deal on a new stock clutch, so I'm going to put that one in, and sell my Monster LT1-S. The Monster LT1-S is a great clutch if you don't have OCD, or you're not concerned with the NVH. I'm sure with a loud exhaust, it could have drowned out the NVH too.

Anyone want to buy an almost new twin disk clutch ?? I'll make it a sweet deal !!

Thanks again with all the feedback ! I'll let you guys know the outcome.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #18
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
What is the NVH?

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #19
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
Did the test with the wheels off, same vibrations...

Thanks for all the feedback guys !! I appreciate all the help !!

Went to a transmission shop this morning to get their take, and was told that what I'm feeling / hearing is indeed the NVH, and that everything else seems to be OK. Apparently, the groan is normal !!

Went back to the dealer afterwards to have them diagnose, and they came back with the same results...

I really can't stand the sound / feeling, and since most of my commute is @ 30mph, and it's always in 4th gear, I feels like I'm driving a truck !! I can't have that !

The dealer gave me a super deal on a new stock clutch, so I'm going to put that one in, and sell my Monster LT1-S. The Monster LT1-S is a great clutch if you don't have OCD, or you're not concerned with the NVH. I'm sure with a loud exhaust, it could have drowned out the NVH too.

Anyone want to buy an almost new twin disk clutch ?? I'll make it a sweet deal !!

Thanks again with all the feedback ! I'll let you guys know the outcome.
Give is a call before you spend another dime!....call anytime
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #20
camarorick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
What is the NVH?
Noise, vibration, and Harshness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
Give is a call before you spend another dime!....call anytime
Thanks !!

Took the tranny out tonight... A question for those who are in the know.... How much lateral movement is allowed on the input shaft of the tr6060 ? It seems like I have a bit of play, which might be the reason for my NVH !?

Last edited by camarorick; 05-06-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:21 PM   #21
fire16e@gmail.com

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1RS/SS MT
Driveline buzzing sound

I have a 2010 Camaro 1SS MT. Recently my fuel tank heat shield dropped onto my driveshaft. Said heat shield was removed. Everything was fine. Fast forward to today. Now I have a buzzing sound in my driveline I took my beauty to my local Chevy dealer and their service department tried to tell me that the aftermarket exhaust, (from the manifolds back) caused excessive heat and boiled the transmission fluid , resulting in transmission damage. I informed the brain dead service department, that we have owned this vehicle from birth and no aftermarket exhaust has been installed except for the SLP Loudmouth muffler delete kit. They then informed me that whatever I believed, an aftermarket exhaust had been installed… anyway, sorry for the rant. Has anyone had a similar issue?
fire16e@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:31 PM   #22
fire16e@gmail.com

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1RS/SS MT
The issue I’m talking about is the driveline noise not the piss poor service from Chevy. Oh did I mention that I am a retired 30+ Years disabled military automotive technician?
fire16e@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 09:32 PM   #23
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
You need to provide better detail on the noise, moving, not moving, speed, warm or cold, only in certain gear, certain rpm etc. The manual trans cars have a trans cooler on them and i have never heard of boiling the trans fluid. Clutch fluid yes but not trans fluid.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 01:09 PM   #24
Blueeyez68

Drives: 2015 chevy camaro LS 3.6 L manual
I'm new and have a 15 camaro LS 3.6 manual and stock driveline and just replaced the clutch and having the same vibration issues and can't drive my car it's so bad. Trying to figure out the problem that is why I'm on here now, can anybody help me? I've replaced the couplings and bolts and doing the carrier now, what else?
Blueeyez68 is offline   Reply With Quote