Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-29-2021, 05:23 PM   #15
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
davesnever, Yes I saw those, I am looking for a good quality or OEM Black Bow Tie. I would like one the same size as factory one.
The SS trunk badges are all the same except there are some that don't have the beveled edge on the left side and are very square letters but they are obviously imitations. But the links I posted from Ebay will be exactly the same as original and quite possibly are produced in China from the original manufacturer. Sad to say but many of our Camaro parts originated from China and not just small items, look at the back of your original SS rims lol. Anyways here is a pic of my original white SS trunk emblem which I replaced with the red version(still have a spare red one left over). There is no difference whatsoever and my red one has been on the car now for 6-7 years and still looks new. I ordered my red ones from AliExpress and as I recall I don't even think they were $5 for a pair back then lol.
Attached Images

davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 05:35 PM   #16
CPCNY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, VR ext/Blk Int
Rear bowtie covered in gloss black decal from phastek. Came out great. The front bowtie i painted gloss black since I couldn't get the decal to fit properly.
Attached Images

CPCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 06:33 PM   #17
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Looks good, I would like to get a pre done Black bow tie the same size as whats on there now, I dis like the Gold.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:39 PM   #18
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
davesnever, Yes I saw those, I am looking for a good quality or OEM Black Bow Tie. I would like one the same size as factory one.
Joe, you will NOT find an OEM bowtie in the color black for the 5th gen's, they were all made in the gold color because that was Chevrolet's color scheme. The only OEM ones I knew of were done by a company called "River City Lighting and Creations", and due to Covid last year they had to close up shop. They were a 3-3 person family company that custom painted a ton of OEM trim parts for our Camaros. They have not opened back up as of yet. I have my original OEM bowtie off the back of my Camaro that I was playing with and painted it gloss black with fingernail polish to see how it would look before I figured out how to do it properly. Doesn't look too bad and you could kinda work with it and make it better and smoother, but it doesn't look all that bad. If you want it I will send it to you, FREEEEE.. lol. All you would need is some thin automotive 3m double sided tape to install it.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:13 PM   #19
Joe.G

1JEWLDSSRS If you really want to get rid of it, I could drop it at my buddies body shop and have him paint it for me, He did the ones on my Pick up and they came out great.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 08-31-2021, 06:35 AM   #20
CPCNY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, VR ext/Blk Int
Rattle can painting the emblem is pretty easy. I'm no pro and it came out great.
Attached Images

CPCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 08:27 AM   #21
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
1JEWLDSSRS If you really want to get rid of it, I could drop it at my buddies body shop and have him paint it for me, He did the ones on my Pick up and they came out great.
Yea, it's just sitting in my spare parts room and I don't need it. I have pretty much got rid of ALL my "extra" Camaro items that were sitting around, a lot of stuff I just gave away to folks on here. If you want it send me a PM with your address and name and I will get it mailed to ya.. Cheers...
Old 08-31-2021, 06:12 PM   #22
davesnever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPCNY View Post
Rattle can painting the emblem is pretty easy. I'm no pro and it came out great.
Yup that looks fine! Of course you can use matte, satin or gloss but I think that is perfectly acceptable!
Old 08-31-2021, 06:40 PM   #23
davesnever

Could always go this route.
https://www.phastekperformance.com/O...-bowtie-r2.htm

https://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/SPKTEPR-14.htm
Old 09-01-2021, 09:53 AM   #24
davesnever

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that 1JEWLDSSRS has a 2011 Camaro and they made 2 separate rear bowtie versions, one for 2010-2013 and then 2014-2015 had a different part number. I remember because at one time I was running the sixties version emblems and had removed the bowtie from the trunk lid. Then a few years later I went back to the bowtie again but decided to go with a LED version since my 2010 has the infamous hole in the trunk lid under the emblem and made it easy to power it. Even on Phastek's web site they sell two different versions of the LED emblem depending on the year of Camaro you have. Not sure of the difference between 2010-2013 versus 2014-2015 but I guess something must be significant enough for everyone to produce different parts. So probably 1JEWLDSSRS's emblem won't fit properly I am guessing?
Old 09-01-2021, 03:49 PM   #25
Joe.G

Thanks for the info, I'll match them up when it gets here and see what the difference is.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 09-01-2021, 05:45 PM   #26
1JEWLDSSRS

Well for one thing I do know that in 2014-2015 they did change the shape of the trunk on the top of it, but not too sure if they did anything to the "rear" panel between the tail lights. So when you get it, it might be good to install, and if it isn't, well you can give it to someone else and have yours painted and put it back on. I had mine off for bit, but it looked "too plain", so I put a new one back on and that did the trick.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:25 PM   #27
1JEWLDSSRS

Well Joe, in my travels today I stopped by my Chevy dealership and they had a 2014 Camaro sitting out there, so I checked out the bowtie on the trunk, and mine will NOT work on your Camaro. Your trunk lid back panel is smooth across and mine has a ridge in the center of it that the bowtie fits to. Sorry bro, tied to help ya out, but there is no way it will work.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  60.7 KB

Old 09-02-2021, 07:04 PM   #28
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post

I have the blue version in the first link you posted. 2-3 LED's crapped out and I ordered a new one in blue awhile back. Just haven't installed it yet HA!

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote