Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-23-2017, 01:59 PM   #15
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfixxit7 View Post
This is my first, I love the car. Did you ever do additional upgrades to your cars or just keep them they way they were?

I was thinking about doing some upgrades to the suspension and maybe a bolt on hp upgrade or two.
I kept the cars the way Reeves Callaway built them. Never made any changes.
The Callaway Camaro had several "extras" which made the car unique, some neat touches

How come you are selling yours already though?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Chevrol...RZvvFz&vxp=mtr
Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:37 AM   #16
Mrfixxit7

Drives: FIFTY 2SS Callaway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway Chris View Post
I kept the cars the way Reeves Callaway built them. Never made any changes.
The Callaway Camaro had several "extras" which made the car unique, some neat touches

How come you are selling yours already though?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Chevrol...RZvvFz&vxp=mtr
Looking over the paperwork for the Callaway package and nothing was done to the intake, exhaust, brakes and the suspension is stock as well. With 175 hp increase on the motor and the increased weight from the supercharger, I am a bit concerned that all the stock components will hold up.

The wife was not to happy when I "surprised" her about the purchase, so I told the her that I would put it on ebay and if someone offered what I was asking I would sell it. Know I can say I tried and I can't get rid of it. I guess I will have to keep it.
Mrfixxit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:30 AM   #17
Callaway Chris

Quote:
Looking over the paperwork for the Callaway package and nothing was done to the intake, exhaust, brakes and the suspension is stock as well. With 175 hp increase on the motor and the increased weight from the supercharger, I am a bit concerned that all the stock components will hold up.

The wife was not to happy when I "surprised" her about the purchase, so I told the her that I would put it on ebay and if someone offered what I was asking I would sell it. Know I can say I tried and I can't get rid of it. I guess I will have to keep it.
At that power level, the air intake and exhaust flowed enough to not require costly replacements. Brakes and suspension are outstanding on the 6th Gen cars, much nicer than 5th Gen, in my experience. I'd keep the car. I think yours is one of two Fiftieth Camaros built. Pretty rare/unique.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:13 PM   #18
Mrfixxit7

Quote:
At that power level, the air intake and exhaust flowed enough to not require costly replacements. Brakes and suspension are outstanding on the 6th Gen cars, much nicer than 5th Gen, in my experience. I'd keep the car. I think yours is one of two Fiftieth Camaros built. Pretty rare/unique.

I tried contacting Callaway and they would not give me any production numbers. Why do you think only 2 were built? Is there a way to find out how many 50th anniversary Callaways are out there?
Old 09-26-2017, 08:11 AM   #19
Callaway Chris

Quote:
I tried contacting Callaway and they would not give me any production numbers. Why do you think only 2 were built? Is there a way to find out how many 50th anniversary Callaways are out there?
I thought the Fiftieth Camaro was the best looking of the SS versions I know one sold in CA, and yours. 99.9% certain those were the only two of that model built. FWIW, I've been tracking Callaways since 1986 when first announced. Awesome machines!!
Old 09-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #20
Mrfixxit7

Quote:
I thought the Fiftieth Camaro was the best looking of the SS versions I know one sold in CA, and yours. 99.9% certain those were the only two of that model built. FWIW, I've been tracking Callaways since 1986 when first announced. Awesome machines!!
Chris,
That is great to hear I hope your estimate is accurate (99.9% is hard to beat). How do you track them, are you a member of a club or something else? The one in CA that you know of, do you know if it was built in CA? Do you know the owner? Mine was built in Connecticut.

Thanks
Old 09-26-2017, 04:37 PM   #21
Callaway Chris

Quote:
Chris,
That is great to hear I hope your estimate is accurate (99.9% is hard to beat). How do you track them, are you a member of a club or something else? The one in CA that you know of, do you know if it was built in CA? Do you know the owner? Mine was built in Connecticut.

Thanks
I remember walking in Rosenthal Chevrolet in 1988 and seeing a brand new Callaway Corvette. Fell in love Just kept a list and asked a lot of questions. Also founded the web group, callawayownersgroup with a few friends.

The other one was built in CA and sold. I don't know the owner though. Sorry.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:39 PM   #22
Mrfixxit7

Quote:
I remember walking in Rosenthal Chevrolet in 1988 and seeing a brand new Callaway Corvette. Fell in love Just kept a list and asked a lot of questions. Also founded the web group, callawayownersgroup with a few friends.

The other one was built in CA and sold. I don't know the owner though. Sorry.
Chris,
Thanks for the info. I will go check out your group if that is ok. I would really like to get smart on the car and really appreciate all your help to date.
Thanks
Old 09-27-2017, 04:31 PM   #23
Callaway Chris

My pleasure.

I went to Cars and Coffee a few weeks ago and there was a gorgeous blue Callaway SC757 Z06 Corvette there from Herndon. It's supposed to be another gorgeous weekend again, so if I can wake that early, perhaps will go again.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:32 PM   #24
Mrfixxit7

Quote:
My pleasure.

I went to Cars and Coffee a few weeks ago and there was a gorgeous blue Callaway SC757 Z06 Corvette there from Herndon. It's supposed to be another gorgeous weekend again, so if I can wake that early, perhaps will go again.
What is cars and coffee?
Old 09-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #25
Callaway Chris

Quote:
What is cars and coffee?
It's a weekly gathering of cars in the area which draw some pretty nice vehicles.
One is at Katie's Coffee shop in Great Falls - but you have to get there early (like 5:30-6 AM). The one at Dulles Landing is more casual.

Katie's:
Address: 760 Walker Rd, Great Falls, VA 22066
(6:00-9:00 AM)

Dulles Landing:
Address: 24560 Dulles Landing Dr #110, Dulles, VA 20166
(7:00-9:00 AM)
Old 09-28-2017, 05:47 PM   #26
Mrfixxit7

Quote:
It's a weekly gathering of cars in the area which draw some pretty nice vehicles.
One is at Katie's Coffee shop in Great Falls - but you have to get there early (like 5:30-6 AM). The one at Dulles Landing is more casual.

Katie's:
Address: 760 Walker Rd, Great Falls, VA 22066
(6:00-9:00 AM)

Dulles Landing:
Address: 24560 Dulles Landing Dr #110, Dulles, VA 20166
(7:00-9:00 AM)
The one in Dulles sounds good. Is it the whole weekend? If so I might be able to go on Sunday. If it is Saturday I might have to wait until the next one. Are you planing on going?
Thanks
Old 09-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #27
Callaway Chris

Quote:
The one in Dulles sounds good. Is it the whole weekend? If so I might be able to go on Sunday. If it is Saturday I might have to wait until the next one. Are you planing on going?
Thanks
Katie's is Sat AM

Dulles Landing is Sunday AM. I might go.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:32 PM   #28
Mrfixxit7

Quote:
Katie's is Sat AM

Dulles Landing is Sunday AM. I might go.

Cool maybe I will see you there