Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #43
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
:emoticon7:
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #44
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Got the word Friday that my Sport Bar ships today.....
Old 06-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #45
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
There are a lot of light bars made for Mustang, they typically start around $250.00. This one seems way out of line on price.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #46
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Just received my bar.....

Unfortunately, it was damaged during shipping with a small puncture wound in the covering......

I've contacted Revolution and I know the guys will make it right.....right guys!?

I have received several PMs about the installation, quality, pictures, etc....and I will gladly post pics and info once I finally get to the install. From what I have seen of the bar (didn't totally unwrap it) it looks like a quality piece!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:02 AM   #47
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Got the word from Tommy @ Revolution. New bar being shipped Monday. Should have it installed by this time next week.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #48
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Finally got my Revolution Sport Bar installed yesterday and it looks great! My car is filthy from some recent rains here in Houston, but I will wash her up tonight or tomorrow morning and get some pics up. Install took about an hour or so, but if I had to do another one, it would take 30 minutes (tops).

I'm a happy camper!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #49
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Pictures as promised.....

Old 06-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #50
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
NICE!
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #51
SSAINT

Drives: "11 2SS/RS VR vert BG/BG SW stripes
nice

Looks awsome CooG! How were the instructions? Pretty straight forward? Does it seem sturdy enough to support the weight of someone using it to get out of the back seat? Still waiting on mine.
SSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #52
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAINT View Post
Looks awesome CooG! How were the instructions? Pretty straight forward? Does it seem sturdy enough to support the weight of someone using it to get out of the back seat? Still waiting on mine.
Yes, it's sturdy. Fit is tight. The instructions were omitted in my box. They did send the template to cut the openings for the bar. It is pretty straightforward though as I installed it without directions.

Here is how I installed mine.

1) Place template over each plastic seat belt cover (for lack of a part name!)
2) Once template is in position, mark a spot on plastic thru the paper in the center of the hole saw circle using an awl or - in my case - the tip of a sheetrock screw.
3) Cut hole in plastic with 2 1/8" hole saw. (I used a 2" hole saw).
4) Vacuum up plastic shavings from cutting holes and remove plastic covers.
5) The brackets provided will mount on top of black Torque bolt which holds the seat belt in place. Remove this screw with a T50 sized torque wrench. You will also has to cut away some of the plastic under the cover. Dremil, hacksaw blade, or even some tin snips could be used for this.
6) Drop torque screw down the smaller cylinder of the bracket and reattach torque screw to seat belt holder and body of car. Do not tighten bolt all the way - snug but not tight. Make sure you can still move the bracket for adjustment. Do this to both sides.
7) Place Sport Bar in the brackets. Center Sport Bar. Once centered, carefully pull the Sport Bar back out and tighten torque screw###. You can do this one side at a time by pulling the driver side out and setting the bar on top of the headrest. Tighten torque bolt, then do the other side.
8) Place plastic seat belt cover back in place.
9) Place Sport Bar in brackets.***
10) Through the slot where the seat belt retracts, tighten the hex nut to the bar.
11) Enjoy you Sport Bar!

### - When I tightened my torque screw, the bracket on one side changed its angle just slightly. This change in angle caused the bar to not want to slide all the way into the bracket. To fix this, I removed the steel washer that was under the torque screw and replaced it with a 1/8 inch thick rubber washer. The rubber washer allowed the bracket to adjust itself slightly. You may or may not need to do this.....
*** - To help the bar slip into place, I shot a little lithium grease in the cylinders that hold the bar. The bar may need a little coaxing in slide all the way down on one side. To do this, I helped it into final position with a towel on the Sport Bar and a few light "pops" with a rubber mallet. Again,you may or may not need to do this.....

Total time to me just over an hour with all the adjusting and figuring things out. Having done one, it's a 30 minute job now.

Last edited by CooG; 07-07-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #53
Service@RevolutionStyling
Account Suspended

Drives: 5th Gen Camaros
AWESOME pics , and even better write up coog ! . Thanks for being the one of the first on the forum. Great pics , the bar just totally gives your rag top that spyder look we were going for. Thanks again
Service@RevolutionStyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #54
SSAINT

Drives: "11 2SS/RS VR vert BG/BG SW stripes
I hope mine comes with instructions!!! Thanks for posting your version CooG. Again, looks great.
SSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #55
zisky68

Drives: 14 Porsche Cayenne S 08 911 Turbo
I ordered mine in MAY, was first one in NY, left my credit card and a deposit but can not seem to get any response to my Emails now?

Can someone at Revolution contact me and tell me what is going on, I have sent 4 Private messages over the last 3 weeks with no response.
zisky68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #56
Service@RevolutionStyling
Account Suspended

Drives: 5th Gen Camaros
Hello , sorry we missed your messages i replied to the one i got yesterday. looking forward to getting you hooked up.

thanks
Service@RevolutionStyling is offline   Reply With Quote