Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #1
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Showstopper led side marker problem.

Hey all, just recently bought a 2SS and transfered over my front bumper and rear bumper covers that were modded, all the LED markers worked great before, but now after the swap, both my front ones dont work, everything seems to be plugged in the same and connected but not lighting either of the front ones up...

Anyone have a fix, or a similar issue? any help would be awesome before i go to the extent of opening them up or calling showstoppers.
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcer View Post
Hey all, just recently bought a 2SS and transfered over my front bumper and rear bumper covers that were modded, all the LED markers worked great before, but now after the swap, both my front ones dont work, everything seems to be plugged in the same and connected but not lighting either of the front ones up...

Anyone have a fix, or a similar issue? any help would be awesome before i go to the extent of opening them up or calling showstoppers.
What are the years between the 2 cars?

Also, its known that occasionally, the connections will have reversed polarity on the car. For an incandecent light, thats no problem, but for an LED, its critical. I can't remember if you can plug them in backwards or not. If not, i would find another C5 friend that you have, and ask if you can plug yours into their car.

If the polarity is backwards, you might need showstopper to fix them for you.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
Forcer

I had a 2010 camaro 1LT, and just bought a 2010 2SS, i did not even remove the lights i just left them plugged in and moved the bumpers, after buttoning up the swap, i realized my rear were working but BOTH my front were not, so i wasnt sure if it was the markers themselves or maybe i messed up on somthing, im just left here scratching my head at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
What are the years between the 2 cars?

Also, its known that occasionally, the connections will have reversed polarity on the car. For an incandecent light, thats no problem, but for an LED, its critical. I can't remember if you can plug them in backwards or not. If not, i would find another C5 friend that you have, and ask if you can plug yours into their car.

If the polarity is backwards, you might need showstopper to fix them for you.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #4
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
I had a 2010 camaro 1LT, and just bought a 2010 2SS, i did not even remove the lights i just left them plugged in and moved the bumpers, after buttoning up the swap, i realized my rear were working but BOTH my front were not, so i wasnt sure if it was the markers themselves or maybe i messed up on somthing, im just left here scratching my head at this time.
simple question as it happened to me before. Did you hook everything back up? There is a plug in the passengers side that gives power to the front side markers, did you plug that back in? It should be right above the foglight.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #5
Forcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
simple question as it happened to me before. Did you hook everything back up? There is a plug in the passengers side that gives power to the front side markers, did you plug that back in? It should be right above the foglight.

That plug gives power to the entire wire harness, i have power to my headlights and fogs, so that is plugged in correctly yes. I've taken my bumpers on and off probably over 20 times without issues, so im wondering if somthing is wrong with the markers, but its odd because its both of them.

Thats what makes me think its a plug, or wiring.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:21 PM   #6
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Wish I could help, but being both, I'd say it's definitely a connection issue.....or a ridiculous coincidence.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #7
NorthRoutt

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS LS3 SIM
Do you have a separate harness plugged into the fascia to change your DRL function? I had an issue with my LED sidemarkers and the cause was the DRL harness that was plugged in at the same place.

I moved the LED harness up to plug directly into the fascia and then plugged the DRL harness in behind it. Worked great after that.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:26 AM   #8
Forcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthRoutt View Post
Do you have a separate harness plugged into the fascia to change your DRL function? I had an issue with my LED sidemarkers and the cause was the DRL harness that was plugged in at the same place.

I moved the LED harness up to plug directly into the fascia and then plugged the DRL harness in behind it. Worked great after that.

All my plugs are factory, just plug and played the Side markers when i got them and worked great, i think il just need to take them out and check the plugs out and wires.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #9
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
That plug gives power to the entire wire harness, i have power to my headlights and fogs, so that is plugged in correctly yes. I've taken my bumpers on and off probably over 20 times without issues, so im wondering if somthing is wrong with the markers, but its odd because its both of them.

Thats what makes me think its a plug, or wiring.
could it be a fuse possibly? that's my last guess. I hate it when something goes bad and you cant figure out man. i know how frustrating it can be.