Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-16-2020, 09:03 PM   #1
marathonmann

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Seat Trim Panel Removal

Hey guys, new to the forum as I just bought my 2014 SS 1LE last week. I noticed that the front part of the trim panel on the side of the drivers seat ( #18 in the diagram below) is pulled away from the seat. The power buttons still work but something is broke, probably from the previous owner bracing himself on it while getting in and out. Has anyone else seen this and what did you do to fix it ? How do you remove the panel to see what is broke ? I'm not sure if its that panel or the bracket (#15). Any help is appreciated
Attached Images

Last edited by marathonmann; 08-17-2020 at 09:11 PM. Reason: adding attachment
marathonmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:55 PM   #2
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
That trim cover is held on by three screws. Two are easily visible, the other is tucked up under the seat (lay seat on side) and look around up and towards the rear of the seat.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:52 PM   #3
marathonmann

Thanks, I found the 2 screws that you mentioned, is the 3rd one visible without removing the seat ? I'll take a look tomorrow
Old 08-19-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
Level300

My apologies there are only two screws. One on the backside forward of the seat switches. The other is visible from the back. Pop off both switches. Gently pull up from the bottom. The panel is held on by those clips you push in. I’m holding the trip piece in front of me.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:09 AM   #5
marathonmann

Ok. Thanks again for the reply. Do those switches just pop off pulling on them ? Im going to check it out after work today
Old 08-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #6
Level300

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonmann View Post
Ok. Thanks again for the reply. Do those switches just pop off pulling on them ? Im going to check it out after work today
Pull them straight out, I’ll try and post a picture for you....
Old 08-20-2020, 12:45 PM   #7
Level300

Here you go...check out the last 2 pics to see what the clips look like.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-C...cAAOSwY5Ra8fyu
Old 08-20-2020, 04:01 PM   #8
marathonmann

Thanks again for the help. I did get it off today and the panel itself looks intact. Could something on the seat be missing or broke. Ive attached pics of both. Also, not sure what the piece is in the third pic. It was loosely stuck under the front part of the seat. It seems like there should be a clip or something in the front similar to the 2 in the rear
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2020, 11:51 PM   #9
Level300

I’m not sure what that part is. I’ve never seen it before.
Nope there are only 2 clips and two screws and the thing that looks like a hook are all the attachment points. Check to make sure the clips aren’t bent or damaged. That panel should firmly attach to the seat frame when the clips engage. I’ll post a pic of the seat frame so you can compare your frame to mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonmann View Post
Thanks again for the help. I did get it off today and the panel itself looks intact. Could something on the seat be missing or broke. Ive attached pics of both. Also, not sure what the piece is in the third pic. It was loosely stuck under the front part of the seat. It seems like there should be a clip or something in the front similar to the 2 in the rear
Old 08-21-2020, 06:54 AM   #10
marathonmann

Thanks. Is the thing that looks like a hook you refer to the tab right above the control unit in my first pic above ? I think thats the problem, on mine it doesnt attach or hook into anything. The rear portion where the clips are is secure. Its the front part that is not attached and sticking out
Old 08-21-2020, 02:52 PM   #11
Cyber/Orange10
Cyber/orange10

Drives: 2010 2SS 96 CE LT4, 12 CRUZE ECO
Send a message via AIM to Cyber/Orange10
I believe the hook is the ribbed section above the control and slips on to the shiny metal tab hanging down from the seat ????
Cyber/Orange10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #12
marathonmann

That certainly would make sense. You gotta figure that metal bracket and hook/tab on the trim piece are there for a reason. I can tell you that "hook" was not attached to anything when I took it apart, hence the front part of the panel sticking out and loose. I don't know if something is bent or broke but I don't see how it attaches to that bracket. If you have yours apart, when you put it back together let me know what you did. I know this is a minor thing but its driving me nuts ! Thanks agagin for the help
Old 08-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #13
marathonmann

Well, I think I may have figured it out. After pushing the leather up off that front bracket, it revealed the top portion of the bracket which looks like the attachment point for the tab on the trim piece. (see attached pic) Looks like it sides back to front but one of those little cone like things hits the bottom part if the bracket keeping it from sliding forward and attaching. I think I can pull the bottom part of the panel towards me while sliding it forward and will go over the bottom part of the bracket. Sound about right to you guys ?
Attached Images