Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
Odd question about ordering/financing...

Ok, here's the situation.

Before I ordered my Camaro, I went to a Chevy dealer and also Carmax to get a trade value on my Jeep.

I contacted the Chevy dealer back and forth via email to get the best price on a Camaro.

I had used edmunds.com auto loan calculator to work out different payment plans whether it was with 3% financing through to 8% financing, different deposits etc, to make sure I was comfortable with ordering and paying for the Camaro.

When it came to ordering, I tried to order it at the Chevy dealer, but ended up having problems, so went to Classic Chevrolet and got awesome service from Eric Hall.

However, in going to Classic, they offered me $2000 less for my trade than the first Chevy dealer and Carmax.

Now, I have 3 months or so to wait till my Camaro arrives so selling my Jeep right now to Carmax isn't really an option. My Jeep will depreciate more in that time, but I will also have made 3 more payments.

Has anyone waited patiently for their Camaro and then on delivery day, when trying to sort out the finance, had to leave their Camaro on the lot and walk away?

I want to make sure that nothing goes wrong and I get to drive off the lot WITH my Camaro! I'm getting financing options through my banks BEFORE going to pick up the car as well so I know what rate I can get financed at.

I just want to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible. This is the first time I have ever ORDERED a car for myself, I've always negotiated and driven off with a car. Never ordered and waited for a car.

Sorry for the long post.
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPRA View Post
Ok, here's the situation.

Before I ordered my Camaro, I went to a Chevy dealer and also Carmax to get a trade value on my Jeep.

I contacted the Chevy dealer back and forth via email to get the best price on a Camaro.

I had used edmunds.com auto loan calculator to work out different payment plans whether it was with 3% financing through to 8% financing, different deposits etc, to make sure I was comfortable with ordering and paying for the Camaro.

When it came to ordering, I tried to order it at the Chevy dealer, but ended up having problems, so went to Classic Chevrolet and got awesome service from Eric Hall.

However, in going to Classic, they offered me $2000 less for my trade than the first Chevy dealer and Carmax.

Now, I have 3 months or so to wait till my Camaro arrives so selling my Jeep right now to Carmax isn't really an option. My Jeep will depreciate more in that time, but I will also have made 3 more payments.

Has anyone waited patiently for their Camaro and then on delivery day, when trying to sort out the finance, had to leave their Camaro on the lot and walk away?

I want to make sure that nothing goes wrong and I get to drive off the lot WITH my Camaro! I'm getting financing options through my banks BEFORE going to pick up the car as well so I know what rate I can get financed at.

I just want to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible. This is the first time I have ever ORDERED a car for myself, I've always negotiated and driven off with a car. Never ordered and waited for a car.

Sorry for the long post.
Is Classic's quote for 3 months from now, or for today?
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Under Promise and Over Deliver, that's what has made us number 1!!
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
So what you are saying Eric is that you are going to give me more for my Jeep than I expected? Awesome! You are the man!

LOL!
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote