Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-03-2010, 08:00 AM   #29
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
thanks for advice
Old 04-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #30
El Chorizo

Drives: 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo
In for the subscription
2010 Camaro 2SS, 700RWHP, 667RWTQ @ 9psi - 11.03@124 @ 3600 ft. elevation TVS2300, Ported Stock Heads, Ported TB, Comp Cam, RPS Twin Disk, Kooks 2" LT's, Kooks 3" Catback, Dual ZR1 Fuel Pumps, H&R Springs, Barton STS, Hendrix Axles, BMR Trailing Arms, Snow Methanol Kit, Rotofab CAI.

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo, 2006 Cherokee SRT8.
2014 Mercedes CLA (On Order) / CLA Forum
El Chorizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:40 PM   #31
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
yo guys i need some advice,
I was detailing my ride and found some little knicks on my car
the ones that when people drive on the freeway and little rocks bouncing and driving so fast they hit the vehicle
cant really see it but when washing my car it really aggrivates me not only that i live in horizon many dirt round that area

any suggestions
Get a clear bra it will run you about $600 i got one in my car though they had to take it off because I got the SLP hood and Heritage grill Im getting it reinstalled this coming week.

Im down for the meet and greet though I met john the other day while driving on mesa. lol Now Im thinking about changing my shifter to the barton I might just install the clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
Yo Jose, what up bro?

Just roll with it man. All of us that drive our cars daily have them. Like Richard(Emperor_SS) told me, That just shows that you drive the car.
The paint on these cars really sucks. It's chips and scratches way too easy. I wouldn't worry about it.
I dont see how to just roll with it the paint is not bad either its good if you know how to take car of it, you can check my car which is almost 1 year old not a single scratch on it.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #32
Emperor_SS

Drives: 05 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
Get a clear bra it will run you about $600 i got one in my car though they had to take it off because I got the SLP hood and Heritage grill Im getting it reinstalled this coming week.

Im down for the meet and greet though I met john the other day while driving on mesa. lol Now Im thinking about changing my shifter to the barton I might just install the clutch.

I dont see how to just roll with it the paint is not bad either its good if you know how to take car of it, you can check my car which is almost 1 year old not a single scratch on it.
Then trust me you don't drive the way me and rob do or on the same road conditions we do right rob you hit that tumble weed going like 80ish.
Emperor_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #33
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor_SS View Post
Then trust me you don't drive the way me and rob do or on the same road conditions we do right rob you hit that tumble weed going like 80ish.
So what is the verdict with your car? What came loose at the strip?
I think you might want to check out a bushing set for that wheel hop.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #34
mws444

I know what you mean about the road marks...I only drive when its nice and I have a couple. Fabens to El Paso is hard on a car, if you drive much on the freeway it will show around here.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:03 PM   #35
alex33x

Quote:
You think with a supercharger and all my mods I wouldnt drive fast? I've actually gone 150mph on the freeway lol.

You just need to take more care of your finish, a clear bra in the front end then sealant then wax on your finish should be enough. for those who dont like a clear bra you can even add extra hands of clear coat to your front end, though if you have rock chips its too late now.

I only have some scratches inside the engine bay that the guys at the body shop did when installing my SLP hood, but Im taking it back monday and making them repair them.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #36
Emperor_SS

Drives: 05 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
So what is the verdict with your car? What came loose at the strip?
I think you might want to check out a bushing set for that wheel hop.
We put it on the lift and I couldn't find anything loose so I don't know. i recheck everything i have ever loosened and everything was tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
You think with a supercharger and all my mods I wouldnt drive fast? I've actually gone 150mph on the freeway lol.

You just need to take more care of your finish, a clear bra in the front end then sealant then wax on your finish should be enough. for those who dont like a clear bra you can even add extra hands of clear coat to your front end, though if you have rock chips its too late now.

I only have some scratches inside the engine bay that the guys at the body shop did when installing my SLP hood, but Im taking it back monday and making them repair them.
well I've done better than 150 in my car but thats not what I meant I was talking about the long drive we have to get to work see my round trip a day is a 108 miles and I encounter all kinds of weather conditions, road surfaces and various debris on the road. With a drive like I have even with the extra precautions taken to prevent driver's marks it is impossible because of the it is my DD.
Emperor_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #37
chasethecamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Does anyone no how you can track your car from gm, if an order was just place. I have the order number

Thanks
chasethecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #38
mws444

Check the main forum page there is a thread to search for orders in the general area.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #39
alex33x

Quote:
We put it on the lift and I couldn't find anything loose so I don't know. i recheck everything i have ever loosened and everything was tight.

well I've done better than 150 in my car but thats not what I meant I was talking about the long drive we have to get to work see my round trip a day is a 108 miles and I encounter all kinds of weather conditions, road surfaces and various debris on the road. With a drive like I have even with the extra precautions taken to prevent driver's marks it is impossible because of the it is my DD.
Oh ok ok I see waht you mean, a clear bra would save you from all that though, I would highly recommend it specially in a daily driver. If you decide to do it let me know and I can hook you guys up.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #40
chasethecamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Alex,

How much can you get them for? Are they easy to put on??
chasethecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:19 AM   #41
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
So when is this next meet n greet?
jmlozano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #42
mws444

Hey Robert...You get your wheels yet? I just got a ship notification.

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001