Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Car Show....OMG really lazy

I really thought I had seen a lot of "laziness" at car shows, but we are who we are. Some are there to win trophies, some are there to just show what they have, some are there to just hangout with other that love cars.

And when I say "lazy", I mean, not wiping the tires down, maybe cleaning the windows, or wiping off some bugs that may have got on the car driving to the show. You know, something that would take only a couple minutes to do, but the driver just forgets about it, or something like that.

At the NMCA shootout this weekend, I walked through the car show, admiring all the beautiful muscle cars from different years. Then I saw on a trailor, a ZR1 vette and a new Z/28 5th gen. Both beautiful cars, and they drew a lot of attention as people walked by. Later in the day, when I walked by, I saw that they were entered in the car show (car show forms on the wiper blades), still on the trailor strapped down, still connected to the truck that hauled them in. I was like "wow", that is really something. I know of several other people that trailored their vehichles in, but they had special parking for that, where they could unload their trailors and not be in the way. You could not see into the cars, no hoods open to see anything, just no way to look at those two cars, but yet fully entered in the car show.

I just couldn't imagine doing that. I should have just brought a poloroid of my camaro and entered it. I was not able to stay and see if he/she won anything, but I surely hope they did not even get judged. Does this happen a lot?
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Was it a dealer by chance? I have seen this done with high end cars at a show.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
That's even more reason to get them off the trailer IMO ?
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #4
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

was NOT a dealer. And if it was, I would have understood that. "no touching unless buying" kind of thing. But these were not entered by a dealer, nor had any 'sales' promotional stuff with them.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Dealers shouldn't be entering their wares into a car show as participants. There's usually a VENDOR area for that to go on. IMO, no corporate or dealer cars should be entered into a car show for judging. I know GM usually has a setup mini-show within a show when they do their thing, but that's for advertising purposes, not judging.

If those were personally owned vehicles on the trailer, then the owner is a DB in my opinion. If your car can't stand on its own 4 wheels, GTFO.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #6
2011shelby

Drives: 2011ShelbyGT500
Bad thing is the owners are probably pissed they didn't win.
2011shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #7
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Sorry about the washed out picture, yellow car and sunlight, but at least the hood was up and I climbed on the trailer and looked at that bad ass 427! The car show was for raising money for a cure for cancer. On the other hand, a new car on a trailer, why bother, unless it was a benefit.
Attached Images

Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:11 PM   #8
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
First I won't climb on any ones stuff for any reason. If you want your car judged at a show were I'm from you might think it's to harsh.
Hood open
trunk open
windows down
Convertibles Top up to see if there torn.
If you have a car for sale with sign on it will not be judged.
No animals or bicycles.
All this is stated on registration form.
We always have a rain date.
If partispant judging no judging for you own vehicle.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #9
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Some people just don't understand. Maybe the owners wanted people to admire the carbon ceramic brakes on the ZR1 and Z/28. Seriously though, keeping cars on a trailer at a car show is stupid.
Also, I don't understand the lack of detail on cars at a show too. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm actually at a show. Dirty windows, brake dust covered wheels, and dirty wheel wells stick out really bad to me.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #10
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
Some people just don't understand. Maybe the owners wanted people to admire the carbon ceramic brakes on the ZR1 and Z/28. Seriously though, keeping cars on a trailer at a car show is stupid.
Also, I don't understand the lack of detail on cars at a show too. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm actually at a show. Dirty windows, brake dust covered wheels, and dirty wheel wells stick out really bad to me.

I do have a pretty good story about that, as I am the same, I like to have my car very presentable for judging. So when I arrive at a show, I wipe the car, rims, tires, engine bay, etc. all down and get it ready for judging. I was visiting my parents in NC (I live in Indy) a few weeks ago, and there just happen to be a car show that Sat morning. Granted I don't travel with all my detailing equipment, I washed and prepped the car best I could with what I had the night before. Show was to be from 9a-2p, judging from 12-1p. Now I was going to mainly see all the cars from the area and have a little fun, talk shop with some of the locals, etc. I knew I had to leave the show early, as I was down visiting family. The entry fee was for a good cause, and I politely entered and donated and let them know I would need to leave early. I walk back to the car, time is about 9:20am, and just finished wipping the car off and a gentleman walks up and says "you ready to be judged". I stood there looking at the car and went, why not...hehehe. Just meant I was finished prepping the car. I didn't care, I was there to see the cars and have fun. Engine bay needed to be wiped down, tires cleaned off, rims and other small things done. We all have a mental list of what needs to be completed before judging. The judge did his thing, looking carefully at the car, but in my mind "he was focusing on everything I didn't get completed". LOL.

About 12p came and I told the club sposoring the event that I had a great time, and thanked them for letting me join in their fun. Several, and I mean several club members came over and thanked me for stopping by, really enjoyed my car, as they did not have anything like that in their area. Kind of made my day with their enthusiasm, great cars, great people, great fun, as it should be at a show.

The following week, I received a package and had no idea what it was. Turned out to be, I placed in the top 20 of the show, and they sent me the award. Goes to show you that there are some really great clubs out there, made it even more special for me. They did not have to do that, as there were about 70+ cars in the show, and could have easily given it to a local. I have a few awards, but ones like this one mean the most. I emailed the club president and again thanked them, and let them know how great of a club and members they have there.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:14 AM   #11
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
... I should have just brought a poloroid of my camaro and entered it....
For next year, I'm thinking of calling the car show up (too far to travel to it), and just TELLING them about how cool my car is... maybe I've got a chance, too?
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:50 AM   #12
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I honestly would do the same thing if I was at a car show. People have no respect for stuff they don't own.

I entered my 1LE in a car show. I walked around to check out the cars that were entered and when I came back to my car my vinyl hash marks on the driver side were ripped in a few places like somebody tried peeling them off..... or picking at them to see if its vinyl. Even with me standing right behind my car people were walking up to it and rubbing their hands on it and touching the wheels and what not. Car shows are a good way to get your car molested IMO.

Maybe it was being lazy, not unloading the car.......... then again maybe it was done intentionally to get the point of "DO NOT TOUCH" across. A car with the price tag double of my 1LE, I wouldn't take them off the trailer either. Maybe somebody will punch a hole through the plexiglass hood of the ZR1 just to see what its made of. OR maybe somebody will scratch the front spoiler of the Z/28 just to see if its painted.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #13
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
For next year, I'm thinking of calling the car show up (too far to travel to it), and just TELLING them about how cool my car is... maybe I've got a chance, too?
2 years ago I pre-registered for a major car show in another state. Huge show, 4 days and over 1000 cars in downtown Charleston, WV. Something came up last minute and I wasn't able to go. About 3 weeks later I received something in the mail from the show. It was a check for $300 for the 3rd longest distance traveled. Didn't want to hurt their feelings so I cashed it and used the money to go last year, and received another $200 for 4th longest distance traveled. Didn't make it this year. Gas is more than $100, lol

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote