Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-24-2015, 12:29 PM   #15
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
I'm not really surprised. Kurt has a wicked temper and seems prone to meltdowns. The conspiracy theorist in me did notice an anti-nascar tirade courtesy of driver 41 last week - broadcast live on air regarding group qualifying. maybe nascar said *alrighty then we'll fix your ass* at least driver 14 saved his similar rant for twitter.
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #16
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Just wondering.... what would happen to a male driver, if they ever got into shoving/fighting match with Danica ??
Old 02-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #17
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Lets not forget she was also caught lying in court but the judge decided to ignore it. Hell the judge did not even say Bush did it, the judge just said it is more the likely that he did base off no evidence except word of mouth from a woman caught lying in court.

2012 L99, whipple, Roto-Fab, Stainless Power headers, ZL1 fuel pump, cat delete.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:06 PM   #18
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
Just wondering.... what would happen to a male driver, if they ever got into shoving/fighting match with Danica ??
Her and her stud muffin Ricky have taken each other out a number of times. May be just foreplay.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:55 PM   #19
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Okay. it is very clear from the tone of this thread already that I had better hold my tongue or this will turn into a huge arguement & this thread will get shut down. Let me just drop one comment & leave it at that. Clearly no one who has commented has ever been a victim of interfamilial assault (as I prefer it to be called) as I have. If you have not been there, you simply do not get it. That is all I have to say in the matter here.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #20
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Okay. it is very clear from the tone of this thread already that I had better hold my tongue or this will turn into a huge arguement & this thread will get shut down. Let me just drop one comment & leave it at that. Clearly no one who has commented has ever been a victim of interfamilial assault (as I prefer it to be called) as I have. If you have not been there, you simply do not get it. That is all I have to say in the matter here.
No, I think everybody gets that with out a doubt. The problem is somebody being punished on an accusation only with no evidence of anything and no criminal charges filled by police. All this base only on the words of a person who was found to be lying to the court during this case.

2012 L99, whipple, Roto-Fab, Stainless Power headers, ZL1 fuel pump, cat delete.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:01 PM   #21
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
And yet, the police saw no reason to be concerned. In fact, he was never even brought up on charges.

This is why this whole thing is bogus...

I won't argue that domestic violence deserves very harsh and swift punishments...but without proof, this is just BS and I hope he really is innocent of the charges just so he can stick it to NASCAR.

They made no efforts to go after Kvapil about his CONVICTION, but a "family" court, not even the actual normal courts for cases like assault, decides he did something to her....and he's suspended indefinitely?

Just not seeing it..
I'm with ya Devil and I agree this could all be bullshit but in our society today Domestic Violence is taken very seriously. Even if the police see no reason for an arrest all a women has to do is hire a lawyer. Being that Busch is a celebrity people will be watching this with a close eye and want to know what NASCAR will do regarding this sort of thing if Busch did indeed act out of control.

I do have a feeling however this is just his reputation coming back to haunt him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
wait a minute, not sure if you mean what you are saying here.

Choking/punching another racer out in the heat of the moment is nothing compared to choking your woman out in the heat of the moment?

Could you shed more light on this thought process?

violence toward men or women should not be tolerated, but you can't go on he-said - she-said story either.
In racing things get out of hand as you guys have seen many times and often drivers are punished for it and it's handled in house. It certainly isn't nothing but we will just have to see how this plays out. There shouldn't be any violence on the track and as for what happened to his ex-girlfriend if he choked her he should be out of racing.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:14 PM   #22
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
There shouldn't be any violence on the track and as for what happened to his ex-girlfriend if he choked her he should be out of racing.
I agree if he choked her he should be out of racing. If he didn't choke her, should he still be out of racing? I don't like him as a driver, but if the police didn't charge him, what more are we going to find out?
Old 02-24-2015, 07:39 PM   #23
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM1/SS View Post
I agree if he choked her he should be out of racing. If he didn't choke her, should he still be out of racing? I don't like him as a driver, but if the police didn't charge him, what more are we going to find out?
Kurt Busch is a head case. If I was the head the of NASCAR I'd make myself perfectly clear. This is about racing not melodrama. If he can't clean up his act he's out. This conversation would be kept in private so no nobody could take advantage and make some crazy accusation since Busch clearly has enemies.

He needs to be a racer nothing more and conduct himself as professional on and off the track. After all there are plenty of talented drivers just itching to take his place. It's time for him to grow up.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:52 PM   #24
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Well the NFL is just the opposite. You knock you fiancee/wife out in the elevator you win your suspension in court and reinstated to the NFL. But you grab your groin or wear the wrong shoes you could get suspended.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:03 PM   #25
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
Maybe she checked up and Kurt wasn't ready?
My 1 of 1 Bumblebee: Paint=House of Kolor Sunrise. Shaved door handles and concept handles added. Shark fin removed, concept mirrors, Showstoppers concept LED side marker lights. Wiper blades removed, muffler delete, and Range AFM disable. BMR springs lowered 1" rear and 1.4" front and added Eibach wheel spacers - 20mm rear and 25mm front.
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:06 PM   #26
SSCam99

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
Kurt Busch is a head case. If I was the head the of NASCAR I'd make myself perfectly clear. This is about racing not melodrama. If he can't clean up his act he's out. This conversation would be kept in private so no nobody could take advantage and make some crazy accusation since Busch clearly has enemies.

He needs to be a racer nothing more and conduct himself as professional on and off the track. After all there are plenty of talented drivers just itching to take his place. It's time for him to grow up.
Well said.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:44 AM   #27
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Just keeping this on track, and any abuse is horrible and should be punished.

What I was originally making a statement about is this double standard NASCAR has on punishment. I disagree with Mutant Racer as "racing and the heat of the moment" is okay, as opposed to accusations of his girlfriend.

My stand for NASCAR is that any violence, assaults, punches, or whatever, to another person (driver or spouse/friend) should be dealt with in the same manner and not pick and choose what you turn a blind eye to.

Mutant Racer - that is like saying its okay to have Road Rage on the highway when someone cuts you off. That you have a right to jump out and beat the crap out of some idiot driver. But you should be locked up if your neighbor accuses you of driving bad to the highway patrol. this is JMO
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:09 AM   #28
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Because NASCAR knows when these drivers start dukin' it out after the race their ratings go up. They get more media coverage. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Rock-and-a-hard-space. Whether we like it or not there are a whole lot of people who think violence is part of Hockey and WANT to see the fights. WWE Wrestling has some of the highest rated/most watched programs in the history of cable television.
Hell they STILL talk about the Cale Yarborough and Donnie Allison fist fight at the end of the first (flag-to-flag) televised Daytona 500 in '79.
So what does that say...
about NASCAR???
and about society???

EDIT: To further the point (from wikipedia):

"The 1979 Daytona 500, the 21st annual event, was the second race of the 1979 NASCAR Winston Cup (now Sprint Cup) season. It was held on February 18, 1979. Critics consider the 1979 Daytona 500 to be the most important race in stock car history.

The race was Richard Petty's sixth Daytona 500 win. A crash and subsequent fight between leaders Cale Yarborough and Donnie Allison, along with Donnie's brother Bobby, brought national publicity to NASCAR. Motorsports announcer and editor Dick Berggren said: 'Nobody knew it then, but that was the race that got everything going. It was the first 'water cooler' race, the first time people had stood around water coolers on Monday and talked about seeing a race on TV the day before. It took a while – years, maybe – to realize how important it was.'

The story made the front page of The New York Times Sports section. NASCAR had arrived as a national sport, and began to expand from its Southeastern United States base and become a national sport, shedding its moonshine running roots along the way."

So a fist fight created "the most important race in stock car history" and brought the first national attention to NASCAR and launched it to it's popularity today.
Once again. What does that say...
about NASCAR???
and about society???

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 02-25-2015 at 06:56 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote