Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-18-2015, 07:41 AM   #1
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Into the Badlands - AMC

Anyone catch this new series? I love it!! The action, storyline starting out is pretty good, but the martial arts chorography is great. Probably the part I like the most, the action of "Finish Him" is right there. Bones breaking, necks snapping, oh, I truly enjoy a good a$$ whooping played out by one badass guy. I think they did a great casting job, as the characters seem to fit well. Can't wait to see what else it brings. Hope other find it enjoyable, I know the violence may be too much for the weak stomach.

When I grow up, I don't ever want to face a Clipper....lol.

I can't remember being this excited to see the next episode, for any show.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #2
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I thought it seemed interesting.

Kung Fu meets Colonial Southern Plantation/Steampunk!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

here is a trailer to the first fight scene, episode #1. We get to see Sunny eliminate a couple bad guys. WARNING, it has a lot of violence/graphic (bone breaking stuff).

Old 11-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #4
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Anyone catch this new series? I love it!! The action, storyline starting out is pretty good, but the martial arts chorography is great. Probably the part I like the most, the action of "Finish Him" is right there. Bones breaking, necks snapping, oh, I truly enjoy a good a$$ whooping played out by one badass guy. I think they did a great casting job, as the characters seem to fit well. Can't wait to see what else it brings. Hope other find it enjoyable, I know the violence may be too much for the weak stomach.

When I grow up, I don't ever want to face a Clipper....lol.

I can't remember being this excited to see the next episode, for any show.
LOL, "the violence may be too much for the weak stomach." It follows the Walking Dead, if people can sit through and watch all the brain stabbing, guts, blood, flesh ripping getting eaten alive that happens on the Walking Dead compared to that this show would almost qualify as the children`s hour, but I do agree it seems like it maybe a really good show. I can`t wait to see how the story line plays out.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:49 AM   #5
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
here is a trailer to the first fight scene, episode #1. We get to see Sunny eliminate a couple bad guys. WARNING, it has a lot of violence/graphic (bone breaking stuff).
The previews looked to me like CGI Fist of Fury, so I passed on the pilot. However, I have heard enough good things about it to go ahead and DVR it. After watching that fight scene I am already hooked.
I'll be watching it tonight

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #6
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
The previews looked to me like CGI Fist of Fury, so I passed on the pilot. However, I have heard enough good things about it to go ahead and DVR it. After watching that fight scene I am already hooked.
I'll be watching it tonight
I know!! Most people really did not know what the show was about, but it didn't really matter to me after the first fight scene. The second big fight scene kicks it up a notch too. There is a good storyline in there with Sunny, if you get a chance, watch a couple behind the scenes on YouTube.

I knew how bada$$ Sunny was, in the first fight scene, when he takes he sword off and puts it against his bike. Knowing he is going to have to fight 15 guys without a weapon... you know you have pretty good skill and confidence....lol.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:12 AM   #7
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

another great opening fight scene last night. Enjoyed seeing "The Widow" go at it with some butter knives.