Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #15
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
<------(raises hand) my truck gets wiped down each morning before it leaves and gets another wipe down when it comes back.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #16
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
I am guilty of cleaning the wheel wells, the exhaust and the inside of the wheels!
Wash it religiously once a week... I carry Meguiars Quik Detailer and a clean cloth in the trunk at all times, and a clean cloth in the glovebox also.

I always make sure the car is waxed so that bird poo doesn't stick to it. My co workers thing I am mad, going out and wiping my car off if I see bird poo on there from my office window! Don't want that $#!T eating into my paint!
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #17
thorn

Drives: 2011 M6 Lt/Rs
Guilty..my neighbors thinks I'm trying to show off. My family thinks I'm crazy. I say I'm normal...
Old 05-05-2011, 05:12 AM   #18
NateSS
1337 AH64D driver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Guilty..my neighbors thinks I'm trying to show off. My family thinks I'm crazy. I say I'm normal...
i hate it how neighbors stare you down like you're doing it to brag or something (everyday).

aint nothing wrong with keeping a badass car clean.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:48 AM   #19
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
I'm right there with ya bros. I am going to make my wife read this thread so she knows I'm not the only one!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:51 AM   #20
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Everytime... I think I have a serious problem.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #21
XtremeHeartbeat
"The MistreSS"

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie1978 View Post
I'm right there with ya bros. I am going to make my wife read this thread so she knows I'm not the only one!
XtremeHeartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 AM   #22
Uncle Harvey

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
I have the Camaro and a truck. If the car is dirty, it stays home until it gets a bath. I cant have it go out in public looking all nasty. I am hesitant to use detail spray on a dirty car. I am afraid I will put swirls in the paint.
Uncle Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #23
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
glad i'm not alone!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #24
Gramps

Drives: 2011 1LT/RJT/Auto/
Put Opti-Coat on after you polish her down...and the only thing you will ever have to do again is wash the car once a week or two. NOTHING comes close (except perhaps CQuartz) to not only protecting your paint (its a permanent coating, not a sealant or wax that drys harder, and is thicker than the original clear coat), but no more waxing or sealants or polishing ever...in fact, my new 2011 Camaro sheds dirt and water so well now that drying the car after a weekly wash now only requires a leaf blower, and tiny bit of detail spray once in a while if I get bored.

I drove it in rain for 2 days through puddles, all all sorts of crap and muddy highways..and you would think I just waxed it....it sheds everything...nothing sticks to it...I mean nothing (mud, bugs, pollen, dirt, etc), so its useless to top it with anything, but some guys do because they get bored I guess.

If you have paint in great condition, Opti-Coat will keep it that way for the life of your car. Nothing removes it....other than abrasive polishing with a machine polisher. Its thicker than the original clear coat, looks amazing when its on the car, and I'm not joking...nothing sticks to it, and it washes so easily now that I only need to dry it with a quick blast from my leaf blower. It sheds water like nothing I've ever seen so I don't even get the drying towel out anymore (hence no more unnecessary wiping of the paint)

My car only needs a quick wash and it looks like I worked on it all weekend. I clayed, then polished the paint to a show car gloss using Menzerna PO85rd, did an IPA 10% solution wipe-down to remove any polishing oils until the paint was literally squeaky clean and perfect...then applied Opti-Coat.

But then again, those of you that like to wipe your car everyday, this isn't for you...because you'd have to find something else to do.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #25
Arabiannite

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
me too!

My name is Sam, and I am also a clean-a-holic.

I go through bottles and bottles of Turtle Wax Ice instant detailer.
I wash my Camaro after every other outing, even if everyone else says it's still clean.
I love trying out new detailing products.
I have probably made a new hole in the ozone layer because of how much tire shine I have used.
I probably spend more on microfiber cloths than most people do on clothes.

And I wouldn't have things any other way.

*What makes it bad is the insane amounts of brake dust that this thing makes.
RS
Sunroof

09/11/2010- Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
Arabiannite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #26
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
When I was a kid, I used to wax my battery, exhaust and differential.
I still hand wash wheel wells and insides of the wheels and tires.
Another member on this forum also does this to his Camaro. Let's see if he replies.
just started cleaning the wheel wells, hate light colored clay getting in there. use a mesh covered pad that is generally used to remove bug guts but works much better at scrubbing the inner wheel whells.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #27
Uncle Harvey

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
Opti-Coat

Has anyone other than Gramps used this Opti-coat stuff. I read a little about it on some other forums. It gets good reviews.
Uncle Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #28
ouhockeyplayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
I don't touch the paint after I drive it because I am afraid of causing swirls by not removing dirt properly. I have a 45 mile drive to work everyday so you can imagine it picks up a lot of dirt on the way to and from work. However, I do bust out the waterless wash from time to time for bird poop or an occasional really bad bug splat. I usually just wait for the usual Saturday wash. My neighbors have told me they think I'm nuts for how much I wash it.
ouhockeyplayer is offline   Reply With Quote