Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 11-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Thumbs down John L. Sullivan Chevrolet in northern cali (roseville)

John L. Sullivan Chevrolet in northern cali (roseville)

This was my home town chevy dealership before leaving for college. I have had 2 experiences with them, both times I went in optimistic.

The first time I went in it was to get a quote on my trade. SUPER LONG STORY SHORT, after 2 hours I had no quote, no keys for my truck, and they cold rev'd an SS in front of me even though I wanted a v6 (money is tight). Then he tried to get me to sign a credit check without telling me what it was. I got very frustrated and demanded my keys and left empty handed.

The second time I went back it was for the service department. I was hoping for a better experience. One of my TPS went out, I thought it should be covered under warranty. The service manager told me because I bought the car used (30k miles) he couldn't be sure the tires hadn't been replaced and therefore the TPS was no longer under warrenty. Wanted $120 to fix it. I left and found another shop to do it for $60.

I have decided it is worth the drive to find a better dealership nearby. Even as far as Sac. I would love to have had a positive experience because I do want to trade up someday. Time to find someplace new..
Old 11-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Sounds like harbor chevrolet in Long beach, Ca. They looked at me and tried to push me on the cobalts and cheaper non-sports cars even though I repeated on more than 2 occassions that I wanted to look at the SS. I came by with my S/C camaro after and blew it in the sales guys face.Other dealers around ontario and san diego area let me test drive the SS and 2LT. Its just a hit and miss with certain dealers. I have yet to take my car to a dealer in the past 2yrs, i prefer to do my own mechanical work and electrical stuff to local muscle car shops. Best of luck in your next issue you run across man!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
BHamm

Drives: Sierra 2500HD Denali, 14 Camaro ZL1
JLS Chevy is a joke. They are currently selling 2 Chevy SS (4-door sport sedan) for 10,000 over MSRP. The salesman said it was"market adjustment." They have a ZL1 with 900 miles, let it go before getting the buyer financed, and they still want over MSRP. Their greed is disgusting.

BHamm
Old 11-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Well, I know what ZL1 I am never going to buy hahaha

Might as well stay away from the toyota dealership as well. JLS owns that too.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
BruHop

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE,RS,NPP,Recaros in SW
That ZL1 is still there with 900 miles. pricing was not listed but a salesman thought it was MSRP. i asked about the mmiles and he did disclose they had to get it back from someone that didn't pass finacing.
BruHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
Sounds like harbor chevrolet in Long beach, Ca. They looked at me and tried to push me on the cobalts and cheaper non-sports cars even though I repeated on more than 2 occassions that I wanted to look at the SS. I came by with my S/C camaro after and blew it in the sales guys face.Other dealers around ontario and san diego area let me test drive the SS and 2LT. Its just a hit and miss with certain dealers. I have yet to take my car to a dealer in the past 2yrs, i prefer to do my own mechanical work and electrical stuff to local muscle car shops. Best of luck in your next issue you run across man!

Delillo Chevy in Huntington Beach FTW.. If you ever have to go there ask for Patty or Darin in the service isle. They are GREAT people and both are car people so they know their $hit and won't blow smoke up your arse.

I work in Industry, Live in Downey and all the dealers in between for sales and service are very hit or miss (George Chevy in Bellflower is "ok" depending on which service guy you get, but their sales people are the worst).
Old 12-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'll add this to the dealership thread we have going on. Sorry to hear about this.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
I am not familiar with the sales side. I did visit there for an oil change last Saturday. When I told the service advisor I wanted all of the oils changed, he pulled a tech and removed my car from the express lube line. Car was done in an hour.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #9
Jimbabwe

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
I bought my car at Performance Chevy off of Madison (north side of Sac). They had the exact car I wanted. It was a positive experience. Buying a new car is never as fun as it should be.

Since I'm in Elk Grove, Maita Chevy does all my service
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #10
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Make the trip to Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista...it's not that far and real Camaro guys..
Old 01-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #11
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Looked at a 1LE there and a salesman did a cold rev in front of me . . . shouldn't ever do that in front of a car guy
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #12
Myblackbeast

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Mountain View Chevrolet in Upland. They are amazing. Shawn was my dealer. In and out in under 1.5 hours. Stuck to everything he promised.
Myblackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chevrolet, john l. sullivan, roseville