Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-05-2016, 07:19 AM   #29
Aprojectile

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Dyno went well for the most part. There was a spark issue and they had to change out my plugs. My fuel pump was also creating a limitation at high rpms. But the car was able to hit 441 rwhp with 405 ft-lbs. If I change my pump out to a ZL1 pump then I will be able to have better results since my fuel pressure kept dropping out at 6k rpms.

I'll post some videos of the dyno runs when I get home.

Car won't be drivable atm though. I'm having a bad oil leak. We think it's from the adapter for the oil feed line that connects to my oil filter housing. Going to try and get that fixed today though. Or at least figure out where the leak is coming from.
Aprojectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:21 AM   #30
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprojectile View Post
Dyno went well for the most part. There was a spark issue and they had to change out my plugs. My fuel pump was also creating a limitation at high rpms. But the car was able to hit 441 rwhp with 405 ft-lbs. If I change my pump out to a ZL1 pump then I will be able to have better results since my fuel pressure kept dropping out at 6k rpms.

I'll post some videos of the dyno runs when I get home.

Car won't be drivable atm though. I'm having a bad oil leak. We think it's from the adapter for the oil feed line that connects to my oil filter housing. Going to try and get that fixed today though. Or at least figure out where the leak is coming from.
I don't know how I've missed your build so far, but I'm subscribed now!

Good numbers, sucks about the oil leak but I'm sure you'll get it sorted out soon!

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:53 AM   #31
Aprojectile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
I don't know how I've missed your build so far, but I'm subscribed now!

Good numbers, sucks about the oil leak but I'm sure you'll get it sorted out soon!
Numbers should go up too once I get a ZL1 fuel pump put in. During the Dyno my fuel pressure kept dropping off at 5.9k rpms.

You possibly missed this thread since it was dead for a bit while I had to wait to go get the car tuned. I hope the oil leak is going to be simple and easy. Won't find out till we start at it is guess.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:29 AM   #32
Aprojectile

So there is quite a bit of oil on the trailer. It's definitely gotten worse. But we're wondering if it's coming from the oil pump since it's on that side and as far as we can see at the moment. All the oil is on the bottom of everything around it. But without having the car in the air we can't get a better look underneath it. The only other place we have a strong feeling it's from is my oil filter housing.

As shown earlier in my thread. The oil feed line adaptor snapped while threading it into the housing. We had to pull my whole filter housing and had the adapter welded onto it. So we didn't know if there was a Crack in the weld or if the filter housing didn't get a good seal when we reatached it.

Either way. It needs to be fixed since it's just draining oil now. I hope it's the pump. That will be a much easier fix than if it has to do with my oil filter housing since it's bolts are in a horrific location.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #33
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
GL here's hoping it's just the pump.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #34
Aprojectile

Does anyone have a recommendation for oil type and weigh? For now I'm just going to add some oil back into to help find the exact leake and test with it. After we get it fixed I'm going to do a complete oil change and just wondering what I should run.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #35
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Does anyone have a recommendation for oil type and weigh? For now I'm just going to add some oil back into to help find the exact leake and test with it. After we get it fixed I'm going to do a complete oil change and just wondering what I should run.
Rotella T6 5w40 is what I run. Brian from Fabberge recommended running a 40 weight oil because of all the heat the turbos add to the oil. I'll be continuing to run it in my new motor. When I tore down my blown up motor all the bearings looked perfect, seriously couldn't even tell they were used.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #36
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Amsoil always has my vote. I run Amsoil Signature Series 5w30 in mine.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 02:34 PM   #37
JantzenOKC

Attached Images

Old 05-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #38
JantzenOKC

Here's what my main bearings looked like. This is with 37,000 miles, the last 5,000 miles being turbo and very abused!
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2016, 03:48 PM   #39
Aprojectile

Thanks for the info Jantzen, When I get this oil leak fixed I'll make sure to run that form here on out.

@tajefe, I couldn't tell you what was run before because I always took it to my local dealer since they gave me a good price and it's a pain to have to change my own o9il since I don't have a actual lift. We've had to do all the work to the car on jackstans! =D
Old 05-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #40
Aprojectile

As for the oil leak, well it is coming from my oil filter housing where we had to get the adapter welded on.

So for now, I'm going to look into buying a whole new housing and going to experiment with the current one, I'm going to try and actually tap into the housing its self and thread in a brass fitting for the oil feed line to connect to instead of having that adapter piece for it.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #41
Aprojectile

Here's the dyno sheet for anyone interested.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:41 AM   #42
Aprojectile

I'm about to order a ZL1 fuel pump to drop into my car so I don't have a fuel lose at 5.9k RPMs. Eric at Crucial Performance who did my dyno tune said that all I have to do is drop it in the tank and I'll be good to go since how the LFX engine works, I can't remember what he said exactly though. But I'm a bit curious about this since I've seen plenty of people on the SS side need to also install a ADM fuel pump Control Module in order for it to work correctly and provide the extra fuel. Can anyone comment on this?