Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 12-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
jbucknum

Drives: Chevy
Bucknum Signs with Mitchum Motorsports for 2011

Bucknum Signs With Mitchum Motorsports
By jbucknum on 17 June 2010 in Category 2 with No Comments (Edit)
P1 Groupe
For Immediate Release Media Contact: David E. Johnson, Strategic Vision LLC
Ph: (404) 380-1079
Email: djohnson@strategicvision.biz

Bucknum Signs With Mitchum Motorsports For
2011 GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Series

Fan Favorite And Multi-Time Champ Will Be Driving Mitchum’s Chevy Camaro

Altamonte Springs, FL/December 29, 2010 – P1 Groupe announces that sports car veteran and multi-time race winning driver, Jeff Bucknum has signed an agreement to drive for Mitchum Motorsports in the team’s Chevy Camaro for the 2011 GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series. This is an opportunity for Bucknum to take another step with a brand that he has a successful history with and means a great deal to him and his fans around the world. “I am excited that Jeff Bucknum will once again be behind the wheel of a Chevrolet Camaro in the GRAND-AM Continental Tire Series” said Mark Kent, Director of GM Racing. “Jeff is not only an outstanding driver but also a great Camaro ambassador. I am glad he will be part of Chevrolet’s Grand Am program in 2011.”

Jeff Bucknum is the son of sports car legend Ronnie Bucknum. Bucknum will be driving with Mitchum team driver Joey Atterbury. “I am so excited to have signed on with Mitchum Motorsports to race the Camaro for the 2011 Race Season,” said Jeff Bucknum. “Over the last few years I have focused my whole career on racing the Camaro and I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to continue that with Chris Mitchum’s team. I have known Chris for years and he is not only one of the hardest working guys, he is also one of the most genuine!”

Bucknum has had a strong racing career that has earned him a fan following among racing enthusiasts around the world. Among some of his most significant highlights include racing at the Indy 500 in both 2005 and 2006. In 2005 he won the 12 hours of Sebring in the LMP 2 class. This past season he raced in a Camaro competitively in the GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series and he and his team mate captured two pole positions, two podiums and four Top-10 finishes. They also led the 5th most laps in the series on their way to a Top-10 in the final Team Championship Standings on the season. Bucknum resides in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.

“I am really looking forward to racing with my new teammate Joey Atterbury,” said Bucknum. “I had the chance to race against Joey many times in 2010 and it was clear to me then, as he always drove hard with the lead pack, that he is one of the brightest young talents to hit the sports car world. I am very confident with Joey and me racing together for Mitchum Motorsports in the Camaro, we will have a program that is Championship material.”

Additional information on Jeff Bucknum may be obtained at www.jeffbucknum.com.
Additional information on P1 Groupe may be obtained at www.p1groupe.com.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Old 12-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
AWESOME!!

Congrats Jeff!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
Mr Twisty