Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 03-27-2018, 09:22 AM   #29
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock
Hey Everyone

Sounds like whomever was able to get in on the sale before the price change got lucky!

The vendor, Royal Parts, must have noticed the issue on late Friday based on their contact with our team. To clarify, we worked with the vendor directly to recall the incorrectly shipped items in addition to the processing of replacement shipments for the correct Camaro reservoir tank.

Enjoy and be sure to post some pictures when these arrive!

Thanks
-Jake
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:51 AM   #30
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hey Everyone

Sounds like whomever was able to get in on the sale before the price change got lucky!

The vendor, Royal Parts, must have noticed the issue on late Friday based on their contact with our team. To clarify, we worked with the vendor directly to recall the incorrectly shipped items in addition to the processing of replacement shipments for the correct Camaro reservoir tank.

Enjoy and be sure to post some pictures when these arrive!

Thanks
-Jake
Thank you jake. Piece of mind on this is nice. Imagine the surprise i got when i saw that price that morning.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:46 AM   #31
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
They said it's the Camaro tank and it will be here tomorrow. I kind of feel bad now.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #32
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
They said it's the Camaro tank and it will be here tomorrow. I kind of feel bad now.
No kidding... Someone's kids aren't eating tonight
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:38 PM   #33
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
I don't feel bad...It's not like you knew it was listed in error when you purchased it. In fact, I vote Evil-Bee keeps scouring every single vender/manufacturer/website/ ect.. relentlessly looking for MORE deals/short sales!!

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:21 PM   #34
chutoyy
knows nothing...

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Thread Thanks again OP for posting this up.

For anyone that's still waiting for their tank; my tank came in today, and as far as I can tell, it looks like the correct one (as shown in pics on mishimoto's site) w/ the correct part number on the box; I haven't had a chance to verify the actual product yet since I gotta head out to work..
chutoyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:15 PM   #35
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
Thread Thanks again OP for posting this up.

For anyone that's still waiting for their tank; my tank came in today, and as far as I can tell, it looks like the correct one (as shown in pics on mishimoto's site) w/ the correct part number on the box; I haven't had a chance to verify the actual product yet since I gotta head out to work..
No problem the west coast guys get everything faster because it ships out of Nevada.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 03-29-2018, 09:29 PM   #36
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Got mine 2 days ago. It's the correct part
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:57 AM   #37
Corner carver

Good score guys, that's crazy cheap for that part.
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Old 03-31-2018, 05:03 PM   #38
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Mine came in yesterday. Packaging was excellent. Finish and construction are even better. It is no wonder this piece is a bit expensive. Really has me re-considering some of the other Mishimoto products , even though they are expensive. Check out those welds ! Very happy with the purchase. Now if I could just get time to install,... along with all my other stuff ....
Attached Images

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 04-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #39
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Installed

Installed the tank and did a breakdown with some easy helpful guidelines for you. It's really a stupid simple install.

VIEW Original Post Here for The Install & Pictures

Old 04-11-2018, 12:32 PM   #40
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Mine came in yesterday. Packaging was excellent. Finish and construction are even better. It is no wonder this piece is a bit expensive. Really has me re-considering some of the other Mishimoto products , even though they are expensive. Check out those welds ! Very happy with the purchase. Now if I could just get time to install,... along with all my other stuff ....
I get shot down everytime I say mishi's products are well designed and produced...glad to see someone else is seeing the light
Old 04-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #41
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Installed the tank and did a breakdown with some easy helpful guidelines for you. It's really a stupid simple install.

VIEW Original Post Here for The Install & Pictures
Nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
I get shot down everytime I say mishi's products are well designed and produced...glad to see someone else is seeing the light

Yeah, there have been too many example of guys getting shot down here. I have been guilty of that myself on multiple occasions :(
BUT...My car tought me a lesson early on, about being too quick to judge...
And I think its time to start lifting guys up!! I'm going to keep doing my part, and try to provide good, fact based, usable information, to help this platform move in the right direction!!

(now if I could just get a good GM parts guy hired to work next to me, and get off 60+ hours a week, MAYBE I could get all of the stuff I have laying around the garage installed LOL)

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 04-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #42
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
The culture is starting to change on here for the better. Mishimoto get's the bad rap on here for the CAI and AI Tube fiasco. I 100% believe they have great products and have done a ton for us. It's a shame they are having issues with keeping things in stock across the board but I urge people to look outside their page if you run into that tons of vendors have their pieces in stock when they are out of stock and often times for a better price and you still keep the lifetime warranty.

Quote:
Nice!!
Thank You, can't wait to see your car when you get time off. You could always come to CF8 and we could get some of it installed.

Quote:
Yeah, there have been too many example of guys getting shot down here. I have been guilty of that myself on multiple occasions :(
BUT...My car tought me a lesson early on, about being too quick to judge...
And I think its time to start lifting guys up!! I'm going to keep doing my part, and try to provide good, fact based, usable information, to help this platform move in the right direction!!

(now if I could just get a good GM parts guy hired to work next to me, and get off 60+ hours a week, MAYBE I could get all of the stuff I have laying around the garage installed LOL)
Same