Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #15
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock
Hello Everyone

Just wanted to touch on a comment stating that it took over a month to get in contact with Mishimoto. I wanted to assure all Camaro owners that this is most certainly not the case. We can be reached by phone Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm EST or by email at support@mishimoto.com . If you give us a call, we pick up the phone. If you shoot us an email we will respond. Feel free to contact us directly with any questions , concerns or issues and we would be happy to help out

Thanks
-Jake
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #16
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Just to reiterate, I've dealt with Mishimoto a lot over the past 6 months, the longest I wanted was 2 days -- and that was due to the weekend. They have been very responsive and worked with me. That is my personal experience with them. Phone call, pms and emails were all answered quickly. Not sure what may have happened, but I've received nothing but the best from them...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:39 PM   #17
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Good looking out - there is some good info in that thread, lol.

The short version is the 160*F is a pretty good choice. If you find it runs a little cooler than you're comfortable with (was my case with 4.10's behind a manual) then a 169*F is a perfect range.

Having had it for a few month's now I'm as happy as ever with my decision to switch to the 169*F from the 160*F - its the right one for me. That and a fan switch and I have very comfortable authority over my engine, and underhood temps.

I have a perfectly good 160*F stat I can send you cheap if you're interested - I can vouch that it worked perfectly before removed.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:08 PM   #18
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Good looking out - there is some good info in that thread, lol.

The short version is the 160*F is a pretty good choice. If you find it runs a little cooler than you're comfortable with (was my case with 4.10's behind a manual) then a 169*F is a perfect range.

Having had it for a few month's now I'm as happy as ever with my decision to switch to the 169*F from the 160*F - its the right one for me. That and a fan switch and I have very comfortable authority over my engine, and underhood temps.

I have a perfectly good 160*F stat I can send you cheap if you're interested - I can vouch that it worked perfectly before removed.

Thanks. I just got my SLP 160 thermostat yesterday. If it runs cooler than I like i’ll switch to a 169 thermostat. I plan on installing the thermostat at the same time I change my radiator hoses to mishimoto silicone hoses
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:19 PM   #19
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisprz2010camaross View Post
Thanks. I just got my SLP 160 thermostat yesterday. If it runs cooler than I like i’ll switch to a 169 thermostat. I plan on installing the thermostat at the same time I change my radiator hoses to mishimoto silicone hoses
Sweet - I think you'll notice a difference. Fan tuning comes into play now - ideally you'll want to bring your fans on much sooner to take advantage of the lower T-stat. In the previously linked post I have about the 169*F stat there is some fan discussion there.

I just posted today a How-To on hot-wiring the low speed fans for use at the drag-strip. If that interests you, this is the link:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509389
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote