Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
Bungo
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Bungo
My friend is about to get deported and She NEEDS Help!

I dont know if anyone on here can help but here is the story. She loves this country, her kids love this country and our country told her to get out. My mom typed this up late last night for me, my brother, and sister to try to get out. If you can help please try. Please dont make it political, I dont want it to get locked or deleted.

I'd like to bring to your attention a serious matter which occurred today in the Immigration court in Philadelphia. After being in this country for 8 years, a woman, Mary, and her 2 children were ordered to be deported to Eqypt. This is their story. Eight years ago this young woman and her 2 young children, ages 5 and 1, came to the U.S. on a visitor's visa from Eqypt. Shortly after her arrival she applied for asylum due to religious persecution she had suffered in Eqypt. She is a Coptic Christian. She was persecuted in Eqypt because she was accused of attempting to convert a Moslem child to Christianity. The child in question had come into her weekly church school class in the Coptic Church building one time with another child. Her class consisted of 25 to 30 children. Apparently he told his parents what he had heard in the class which was not in agreement with the Islamic religion. After this happened, she was hounded by some Moslem people and not protected by the police because as it is well known Christians are not protected or supported in this Islamic country. She actually had to move around to different locations in an effort to keep herself and her children safe. Although a complaint was made to the police, they deny knowing anything about it in spite of the fact that she has a copy of the paper with the case number. They insist they have no case against her. At one point someone had attempted to grab her baby son from her and he suffered a dislocated elbow then and still today is susceptible to injuries to his arm. For almost 8 years this matter was before the U.S. Immigration Court and she appeared many times before the judge. At some point our court actually sent her case information to the Eqyptian government. At a hearing about a year ago, a Mr. Marshall (I believe he is well known and trusted because of his expertise in this area) explained to the court the tragic situation that exists regarding the Coptic Christians in Eqypt. Today, her request for asylum was denied and she and the children are to be deported from the U.S. I believe this is a travesty on the part of the United States. She likely will be imprisoned when she returns to Eqypt. She could possibly be killed in prison. Most likely her 13 year old daughter will be abused and given to a Moslem man and who knows what will become of her son. This woman had nothing to gain by coming to the U.S. except safety and freedom of religion. She had been born into a well educated family with moderate means. She herself had a college education and was living a comfortable life. She left everything behind and has lived in our country, caring for her children, living a law abiding life and decent life, and working menial jobs at minimum wage to support them since of course she was unable to obtain a green card. I believe this travesty is shameful in itself and even more so when I hear that our government may be granting asylum to thousands of illegal immigrants from Mexico, many of which have questionable character and goals and have suffered no ill from their own government. If you agree and think you can help Mary and her children, please contact me for more information.

and the wife says I have to be patient while she gets dressed
Old 07-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
coolman

Why in this eight years didn't she go thru the process to become a citizen? Is that still an option?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
bono83

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, 2010 1LT
I don't understand how you can post that and ask not to make it political. That whole post is about politics and legalities.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Bungo
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

legalities, I didn't want it to turn into a dem/reb debate. She has to get asylum in order to go through the process of becoming a citizen, since she didn't come here to work she came here to escape persecution.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungo View Post
legalities, I didn't want it to turn into a dem/reb debate. She has to get asylum in order to go through the process of becoming a citizen, since she didn't come here to work she came here to escape persecution.
But she add It for eight years and never went through the process. My ? is why?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
Bungo
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

constant delaying by the courts, she cant apply for citizenship until she is granted asylum by our government. She can only be given temporarily working permits and they could be renewed due to the fact she had a pending court case

Old 07-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
What a mess. Makes me thankful I'm an American Citizen the moment I popped out of my Mother's ******. I hope all works out for your friend.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
But she add It for eight years and never went through the process. My ? is why?
I would also like to add that becoming an American citizen isn't exactly "easy" to do, and it does take a very long time. Years.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
jayzwife

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS
I am sorry to hear about your friend. If she is well educated and can do a job that requires her education, she can try to obtain a work visa through a company. Because she did not come here legally this may not work.
Part of the problem is the relationship the US has with Egypt. Egypt is not a "warring nation", so she cannot obtain a political asylum. I don't understand why the religious asylum process is not working.
The best is to pray and find a great attorney that is willing to fight much harder for her.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #10
BLUEMARO
A Classical Greek

Drives: DTS, Bonneville and an SS !
My immigration lawyer said that her being married to a US citizen changes the whole game. Is that possible? Not exactly proper but perhaps she's in a relationship with an American and they can tie the knot? Is applying to Canada for asylum an option? If its possible, it would beat prison and possible death and separation of the children. Good Luck.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #11
Bungo
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

that does change the whole game, the problem is is that she's already married

Old 07-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #12
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Then as said a specalized job is the only way with a workers visa or some kind of high lvl political or media intervention to the plight. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #13
FutureBumbleBee

Drives: 83 Z28, white, slow and dying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Then as said a specalized job is the only way with a workers visa or some kind of high lvl political or media intervention to the plight. Good luck.
oh what, you're not going to call him a troll too?
Old 07-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #14
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Try media publicity
Closed Thread