Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
going SOLO

well I just had my solo hi flow cats installed at zorro muffler in Toronto.I was in and out in under an hour, great service,zack was the main man today. As for the solo hi flows...all I can say is wow..what a great mod....I have a cai, magnaflow muffler delete exhaust,with these cats the sound is awesome....these things really make the exhaust bark, its the exact volume I wanted. I also noticed a lot better throttle response and definitely more power. If your on the fence wondering if you should get them...don't wait you wont be disappointed.My purchase price also included install. I tried to get a video but my phone is terrible so don't flame me guys
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
Craig B

Drives: 2013 1LE
Is this a bolt on deal? Or must be installed by a muffler shop? I was thinking of doing the Solo's for my next mod. Thanks for any info and good luck with your ride.
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #3
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
It's all bolt on. Not difficult to do.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
Cat988h

Drives: Rally yellow 2011 Camaro 1SSRS
I had solo cats on my ls3, paired with the MBRP cat back and now I have American racing headers with cats and to be honest the solo sound just as good with the stock exaust manifolds. A little less roar at Wot but not that much difference. If you are thinking about these cats just do it they are awesome.
ATI Super Damper, Katech C5R Chain, Jannetty 470 Comp Cam, Comp Valve Springs, Mellings Oil Pump, Manley Push Rods, Comp Tringion Upgrade, Cold Air Inductions Intake, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w Cats, MBRP 3 Inch Exhaust, RX Catch Can, Eaton Tru Trac, 3.91 OEM, DSS Drive And Half Shafts, LPW Diff Cover,3 Inch Noweeds, Amsoil Z-Rod, Tuned by Jannetty Racing
Cat988h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Top Off

Drives: 2012 LS3 1SS/RS Vert
Another satisfied Solo person here.
Top Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
CamaroBlue

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat988h View Post
I had solo cats on my ls3, paired with the MBRP cat back and now I have American racing headers with cats and to be honest the solo sound just as good with the stock exaust manifolds. A little less roar at Wot but not that much difference. If you are thinking about these cats just do it they are awesome.
So if I every plan on getting headers should I hold off on high flows cats in your opinion? I can get a much lower price with just the cats but wondering if I should just save up for some nice headers.
CamaroBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
JRT

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
I love mine to, sounds like a freaking race car. Though I I do have a problem with the system sagging and clanging, I have a thread about it so watch out for that. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302342
Old 06-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
JRT

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBlue View Post
So if I every plan on getting headers should I hold off on high flows cats in your opinion? I can get a much lower price with just the cats but wondering if I should just save up for some nice headers.
Headers and high flow cats will give you a lot more power and be much louder. So if you are going headers then just wait. Not point in spending $600 now to have to sell the SOLO cats later as they will not work with LT headers.

The good part about the SOLO cats is you can bolt them to the stock manifold and you technically don't even need to tune unless you want to. So no loss in warranty while long tubes are an instant loss of warranty.

Its all in what you want to do, but LT + HFC will give you 45-60hp and the SOLO HFC will give you 10-15.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
LessSinister

Drives: 2011 - 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
well I just had my solo hi flow cats installed at zorro muffler in Toronto.I was in and out in under an hour, great service,zack was the main man today. As for the solo hi flows...all I can say is wow..what a great mod....I have a cai, magnaflow muffler delete exhaust,with these cats the sound is awesome....these things really make the exhaust bark, its the exact volume I wanted. I also noticed a lot better throttle response and definitely more power. If your on the fence wondering if you should get them...don't wait you wont be disappointed.My purchase price also included install. I tried to get a video but my phone is terrible so don't flame me guys
Good job man! but did you get a free Solo shirt?
Old 06-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had them at one point and absolutely love them, but if you ever plan on going long tube headers then they are a waste of money.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #11
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessSinister View Post
Good job man! but did you get a free Solo shirt?
what....aahhh now I have to go back
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote