Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 12-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #29
MPX

Drives: None yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzrider58 View Post
I have a Terrain and a Camaro! The Terrain is a great SUV. 1LE is triple the cool factor though.
Yeah. . . it's definitely good to have. My wife has a Buick Verano that she absolutely loves. We've talked about her taking the Terrain and swapping her Verano for the Camaro, but she's not down (can't blame her honestly. . . for a little sedan, the Verano is pretty sweet. Freakishly quiet too) So it's up to me to offload the Terrain.
MPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #30
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPX View Post
Hey everyone -

Until September of this year, I was the proud and happy owner of a 2013 SRT Challenger. I had the car for a mere 6 months, and sadly had to get rid of it. From the time I bought it until (no joke) the day I got rid of it, it was in and out of the shop for every non-engine issue you could imagine just about every week and a half.

When I got rid of the Challenger, we thought we'd kill two birds by going for something a little more economical, cost effective, and utilitarian - we leased a GMC Terrain. Great little SUV. . . but I hate it. Because at heart, I'm a car guy, and a Terrain is not a car for car guys. Thought I'd be able to be a responsible adult, but I'm in misery with this thing (first world problems).
IMHO the 1LE is the best bang for the buck high performance Camaro out there. It delivers track like steering, handling and breaking capabilities above the stock SS at a bargain. I hope you can acquire one!
Toyed with the idea of waiting on the '15 Challenger redesign. . . until I saw the 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE's.

Ho. Lee. Fook. Must have.

I don't have one yet, but I'm working on it. I was at the dealership today trying to get out of my lease. Appraisal on the Terrain came in WAY low. So I'm stuck with it unless someone knows of a cost effective way to get rid of a lease that actually works. . .

Anyway, I've been cruising this forum for a while and thought I'd make it official. Hopefully I'll be the owner of a black 1LE sooner than later.

We've had a few different GM vehicles lately and they've all blown away anything we've had from Chrysler. Judging by my tireless Camaro test-driving, the Camaro seems to be in line with our experiences. Now if I could just get out of that damn Terrain. . .
I hope you can acquire one! It has the handling, breaking, steering and suspension capabilities of a track car at a bargain price above a stock SS. Besides, it's really cool looking as well.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #31
Blue_11RS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Good luck! I hope you get the one you want!!! I have to say the 1LE is so very sexy...
Attached Images

Blue_11RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #32
MPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_11RS View Post
Good luck! I hope you get the one you want!!! I have to say the 1LE is so very sexy...
Man, that red looks great. There are good red finishes, and bad red finishes. That is definitely a good one.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #33
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I would be very happy with a 1LE. I rarely use the power my ZL1 makes and the 1LE looks just as good.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #34
DrSkull

Drives: 13 Challenger RT & 89 GTA TA
I was planning on buying a '14 SS/RS in black until the new design was shown then I wasn't sure, so I bought a new '13 Challenger Classic R/T and have not one regret , love that car and love the looks it gets. Rides nice and plenty of room for long road trips. Now seeing the new '14 Camaro's in person , I gotta say they look awesome as well as the older models so I would have been just as happy with the new camaro but I already did the deal.
Good luck with your new Camaro , even though I'm in a dodge now I still love seeing the Camaro's
DrSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #35
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSkull View Post
I was planning on buying a '14 SS/RS in black until the new design was shown then I wasn't sure, so I bought a new '13 Challenger Classic R/T and have not one regret , love that car and love the looks it gets. Rides nice and plenty of room for long road trips. Now seeing the new '14 Camaro's in person , I gotta say they look awesome as well as the older models so I would have been just as happy with the new camaro but I already did the deal.
Good luck with your new Camaro , even though I'm in a dodge now I still love seeing the Camaro's
Congrats on the new Challenger as they are nice looking cars. Last week, I was actually in the opposite position - was looking at a 2014 black Challenger SRT8 Core. Test drove and all and started working numbers with the dealer. Didn't make the deal (it was a Friday night) but left with the plan to come back the next day and continue but first wanted to check out the 2014 SS (2SS w/RS pkg)....well, test drove the SS and even though less HP/TQ than the SRT Core, it felt tighter and handling seemed better (to me)...plus I liked the interior and the HUD on the SS.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #36
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Congrats to the OP and good luck on your search!

I know all to well about swapping vehicles and not being happy with the outcome. We recently traded our crew-cab 12' Silverado 4x4 in on a 13' Cadillac CTS AWD coupe, needless to say my wife is waaaaay less than impressed with the Cadillac... It's a situation of sucking it up for the time being as trading or selling it leaves us with more of a loss than I'm willing to eat. It sucks ass!
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #37
NeedlessKane

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM
A coworker friend of mine bought a brand new 2011 Challenger R/T and he's had no issues with it at all. I was sooo close to buying one but after driving it It just didn't appeal to me. First off, it felt SOOO freaking huge. Turning radius was horrid - like I was driving a boat down the road. Another thing - the interior was absolutely terrible. The quality felt so cheap.

I'm glad I got to drive it 16 or so miles b/c I really liked it the first 2-4 miles but the more I drove it, the more I realized I didn't like it.

Hopefully you will join the Camaro club soon! I did the same thing you did - posted before I actually bought one/during the test drive phase. Later that same week I drove one home - 2010 2SS RS in imperial metallic blue!
1994 Mazda Miata
NeedlessKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #38
Dan2013
Living the Dream

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I made the switch in May. I had a 2012 Challenger 392 and it was cool but just lacked a few things for me. I didn't have any issues like you did though. I bought a 2013 Camaro SS and with the mods I did about a month ago I have more power but 400 lbs lighter. Soooooo glad I made the switch.
Dan2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #39
DrSkull

Drives: 13 Challenger RT & 89 GTA TA
Thanks , here is my Challenger

maybe someday I'll jump back into a Camaro but for now I will just enjoy his one
DrSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #40
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPX View Post
Hey everyone -

Until September of this year, I was the proud and happy owner of a 2013 SRT Challenger. I had the car for a mere 6 months, and sadly had to get rid of it. From the time I bought it until (no joke) the day I got rid of it, it was in and out of the shop for every non-engine issue you could imagine just about every week and a half.

When I got rid of the Challenger, we thought we'd kill two birds by going for something a little more economical, cost effective, and utilitarian - we leased a GMC Terrain. Great little SUV. . . but I hate it. Because at heart, I'm a car guy, and a Terrain is not a car for car guys. Thought I'd be able to be a responsible adult, but I'm in misery with this thing (first world problems).

Toyed with the idea of waiting on the '15 Challenger redesign. . . until I saw the 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE's.

Ho. Lee. Fook. Must have.

I don't have one yet, but I'm working on it. I was at the dealership today trying to get out of my lease. Appraisal on the Terrain came in WAY low. So I'm stuck with it unless someone knows of a cost effective way to get rid of a lease that actually works. . .

Anyway, I've been cruising this forum for a while and thought I'd make it official. Hopefully I'll be the owner of a black 1LE sooner than later.

We've had a few different GM vehicles lately and they've all blown away anything we've had from Chrysler. Judging by my tireless Camaro test-driving, the Camaro seems to be in line with our experiences. Now if I could just get out of that damn Terrain. . .
Greetings,

And welcome (once again) to the "Chevy" side of life. Glad to hear you're considering a Camaro and we wish you the best in your search and acquisition. Keep us posted and feel free to contact us anytime.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #41
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome
Old 12-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #42
MPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSkull View Post
Thanks , here is my Challenger

maybe someday I'll jump back into a Camaro but for now I will just enjoy his one
Yeah man, they're beautiful. And don't get me wrong. . . I love the Challenger. I just wish they were built better. I'm fairly confident that 2015 MY will bring about positive changes for the Challenger. It needs a huge upgrade in interior quality, fit and finish (exterior panels and lighting) and general build quality.

It is a great car to drive, and the SRT's can move. The 6.4 Hemi is insanely satisfying.