Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Talking Canadian Guy @ 3000. Anyone Else?

Phoned the dealer today to ask to take of the Hurst option cause I didn't want that to hold up my order. He responds, "Yeah I read about that on the website you showed me (Camaro5 of course ) so I already took it off all my orders"

I reply, "OK cool, let me know if anything happens."
To which he says, "Well I was gonna call you today anyways, you are at 3000. And we have been told the build date is in the last part of April."

My dealer Is Sherwood Chev in Saskatoon. They had 6 allocations (I'm #1) and my car is ordered in Cyber Grey Metallic.

So this is good news for:
A: Smaller Canadian city/town people. I thought we might be getting them pretty late
B: Cyber Grey people

C: Most importantly, ME

I better start ordering all my GMPP stuff so it arrives at the same time!!

In closing, What status are the rest of my Canuckleheads at and where are you living, what was your slot in the allocations, etc? This might give us an idea of distribution.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
orangeinfernoman

Drives: 2010 camaro ss ls3 iom
hey guy me i am from montreal i order november 30 2008,i am #1 of 14 still stock at 3000 since 1 month 1ss ls3 iom,tpw is suppose to be 04 13

by the way CYBER GRAY WAS NOT ON HOLD LATELLY WITH THE HURST SHIFTHER
ciao louis
orangeinfernoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
infernoss

Drives: Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
Just joined the site, and first time poster.

I am the # 1 of 8 at SMP in Saskatoon. I'm not sure what my order status is, but GM Canada recently informed me that my PBW was April 13th. Initially it was supposed to be a PBW of March 30th. It seems that a few of us Canucks had ours moved back a couple of weeks. By the way I ordered a 1SS, IOM, with white Rally stripes, & 6 speed manual.

djsnoflake is yours going to be a daily driver? Mines not.
infernoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
I'm #8 of 8 at SMP, but they said they are now getting 2 more since their ZR1 didn't make it in this year, for a total of 10(at least on of those is a the V6 as all 8 that have been ordered are SS's), don't know if you've heard that info or not yet infernoss.
That being said, I ordered a CGM 2SS/RS and my sales guy said it could "possibly get built in June" so probably July delivery. That's earlier than I had figured but if you do some conservative math that seems bout right.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoss View Post
Just joined the site, and first time poster.

I am the # 1 of 8 at SMP in Saskatoon. I'm not sure what my order status is, but GM Canada recently informed me that my PBW was April 13th. Initially it was supposed to be a PBW of March 30th. It seems that a few of us Canucks had ours moved back a couple of weeks. By the way I ordered a 1SS, IOM, with white Rally stripes, & 6 speed manual.

djsnoflake is yours going to be a daily driver? Mines not.

No way mine's gonna be a daily driver. I didn't even order it with a block heater.

PS: how did you get GM Canada to contact you? I would be interested in that.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
infernoss

Crazz28; I heard that SMP was getting somemore Camaro allotments, but didn't know it was due to the fact they weren't getting their ZR1 this year.

djsnoflake:I contacted GM through their email on GM Canada website; go to About us, then Contact us, then Other, and then give them your Workbench Order number, and ask for your PBW. I should have asked them for my build status also, but I didn't. I sent the email last Sunday, and they replied by Tuesday. By the way I was going to be the first one who ordered through Sherwood on Nov 16th, however the General Manager wouldn't promise me MSRP. Did you get it for MSRP?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Yeah, MSRP. Worked out good for me. I have to call my salesman and get my workbench. I lost it somewhere in my mess of an office.

Thanks for the info and see you on 8th
Old 03-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
No way mine's gonna be a daily driver. I didn't even order it with a block heater.

PS: how did you get GM Canada to contact you? I would be interested in that.
i thought a block heater wasn't an option on the ss?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:16 AM   #9
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Phoned the dealer today to ask to take of the Hurst option cause I didn't want that to hold up my order. He responds, "Yeah I read about that on the website you showed me (Camaro5 of course ) so I already took it off all my orders"

I reply, "OK cool, let me know if anything happens."
To which he says, "Well I was gonna call you today anyways, you are at 3000. And we have been told the build date is in the last part of April."

My dealer Is Sherwood Chev in Saskatoon. They had 6 allocations (I'm #1) and my car is ordered in Cyber Grey Metallic.

So this is good news for:
A: Smaller Canadian city/town people. I thought we might be getting them pretty late
B: Cyber Grey people

C: Most importantly, ME

I better start ordering all my GMPP stuff so it arrives at the same time!!

In closing, What status are the rest of my Canuckleheads at and where are you living, what was your slot in the allocations, etc? This might give us an idea of distribution.
I ordered on 10/13/08. Im at 3400 as of monday. 23rd My TPW was 3/23/09. Monday I find out my status update. I hope all went well and they built my car!
Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #10
infernoss

djsnoflake, you had me thinking there for a second "see you on 8th"; I was wondering is that when the dealerships are getting their showroom car. Doh, you have to escuse me, I just moved back to Saskatoon a couple of years ago, and it's been about 30 years since I cruised 8th street.

LS3SSRS, a block heater is approximately a $100 option. You had better get it if your car is a DD.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoss View Post
djsnoflake, you had me thinking there for a second "see you on 8th"; I was wondering is that when the dealerships are getting their showroom car. Doh, you have to escuse me, I just moved back to Saskatoon a couple of years ago, and it's been about 30 years since I cruised 8th street.

LS3SSRS, a block heater is approximately a $100 option. You had better get it if your car is a DD.
Well It's been about 8 years since I have cruised 8th, but I will probably do it again this summer, at least on cruise weekend for sure.

If you wanna say Hi, I'll be the guy with a CGM 2SS/RS and a shit eating grin.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:56 AM   #12
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
I found out today ive moved to 3800. Its BUILT!!! And ready to ship!!!!! YAY!!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:21 AM   #13
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Matrix: AWESOME MAN!! Make sure you take lots of pics, us Canadians need to represent!
Old 03-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #14
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Great news Matrix!
Mine is at 3300 i think, had a TPW of 4/20 originally, but it got moved back to May 4th, 2 week delay, thats when i was expecting to take delivery but oh well. Still nice to know that i should have it by May 20th
Should be beautiful weather, and cleaned streets by then. Anfd i think a few 2010 stangs around too.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian, cgm, order accepted