Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 06-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

Drives: No more Camaro
Howdy from a 6th time Camaro owner!

Hey all!

Well, I just picked up my 6th Camaro of my lifetime...a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, LS3, 6 speed manual. Gotta love these things!

I'm out in the wonderful world of Las Vegas and this heat definitely stinks this summer...already! :(

But hey, I just got my new to me Camaro, so I'm definitely a happy camper!

Pics are in "My Garage".

As for my previous Camaros (in case you were wondering):
1977 Camaro
1985 Camaro Z/28
1991 Camaro RS
1979 Camaro Z/28
1971 Camaro RS

So, since I've never had an SS, I figured, why the heck not?!

I thought I'd drop in and say hi. Hoping to meet up with some of the local C5 people sometime soon.

Have a good one and thanks for running an awesome website!
Mat

Last edited by R1_Demon; 06-30-2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added list of Camaros
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_Demon View Post
Hey all!

Well, I just picked up my 6th Camaro of my lifetime...a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, LS3, 6 speed manual. Gotta love these things!

I'm out in the wonderful world of Las Vegas and this heat definitely stinks this summer...already! :(

But hey, I just got my new to me Camaro, so I'm definitely a happy camper!

Pics are in "My Garage".

I thought I'd drop in and say hi. Hoping to meet up with some of the local C5 people sometime soon.

Have a good one and thanks for running an awesome website!
Mat
Hello Mat,

Congratulations on your 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS! You're going to enjoy every second of it! Let us know if you have any questions. We're here to assist as much as possible.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

William - I appreciate that. I'm already quite enjoying the vehicle! I've been going through the Owner's Manual (ya, I'm actually reading the thing, cover to cover - Scary, huh? LOL!) and have come up with a couple of questions that I've posted up here on C5. Just waiting for someone to post up some thoughts/answers. We'll see what happens.

The car only has 15k on the clock for a 2010 and was in southern AZ it's whole life (till now), so I think they didn't drive it very much and let the battery die. I don't know if this ruined the battery yet or not. I'm trying to get back into the dealer tomorrow (just picked up the car on Friday) for a load test on the battery. Even though I fully charged it back to 100% (it was 25% when I put my charger on it), it still seems to turn over slowly (at least it seems slow to me). So, I want to get it checked out. Plus, I haven't seen any DIC messages come up at all, so I don't know if the previous owner turned them off or if something is wrong with my DIC or just that I don't have any messages that need to show up right now. :-/

Sooo, just a couple of small questions, but nothing bad...I hope.

Oh and I'm originally from the Motor City, so maybe that's why I'm on my 6th Camaro. ;-)
Old 06-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Mat, CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

Nice fridge, Sir Nuke and thanks for the welcome!

Bring on the food fights!

Sent from SBP's iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Congrats and welcome to Camaro5!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
family man

Drives: .
Welcome Mat.

LOL, I just made a funny, welcome, mat. Look at me when I'm talking to you boy.

family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

LOL! Thanks all. Much appreciated. :-)

I'm lookin', I'm lookin! LOL!

Old 07-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
Rod10269
Hot Rod

Drives: 69 Z28,69 SS 396,67 Chevelle
The SS spins over slowly for what ever reason i do not know..mine has always cranked slower than any other performance car i have owned but it has never failed to crank and welcome to the C5
Rod10269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_Demon View Post
William - I appreciate that. I'm already quite enjoying the vehicle! I've been going through the Owner's Manual (ya, I'm actually reading the thing, cover to cover - Scary, huh? LOL!) and have come up with a couple of questions that I've posted up here on C5. Just waiting for someone to post up some thoughts/answers. We'll see what happens.

The car only has 15k on the clock for a 2010 and was in southern AZ it's whole life (till now), so I think they didn't drive it very much and let the battery die. I don't know if this ruined the battery yet or not. I'm trying to get back into the dealer tomorrow (just picked up the car on Friday) for a load test on the battery. Even though I fully charged it back to 100% (it was 25% when I put my charger on it), it still seems to turn over slowly (at least it seems slow to me). So, I want to get it checked out. Plus, I haven't seen any DIC messages come up at all, so I don't know if the previous owner turned them off or if something is wrong with my DIC or just that I don't have any messages that need to show up right now. :-/

Sooo, just a couple of small questions, but nothing bad...I hope.

Oh and I'm originally from the Motor City, so maybe that's why I'm on my 6th Camaro. ;-)
R1_Demon,

Well definitely provide updates regarding your concerns. Your loyalty to Chevrolet is simply outstanding! We certainly appreciate that and commend you for reading through the owner's manual. Very helpful item!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Welcome to
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #12
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod10269 View Post
The SS spins over slowly for what ever reason i do not know..mine has always cranked slower than any other performance car i have owned but it has never failed to crank and welcome to the C5
Thanks for the welcome and the info, Rod. Since charging the battery when I first got the car, it has been consistent. Like you said, it seems slow, but consistent. I even started my wife's 2012 Mustang (V6) that we just got and that almost seems to do the same. Maybe just a touch faster. So, I guess that's the style of the new cars.

I already have an appt on Fri for them to check the battery and the charging system, so I'll just let them do that and see what goes. :-)

Old 07-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #13
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

Thanks AutoAgenda!

Old 07-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

William - I'll be sure to post up my findings once the dealer has a look at the battery/charging system.

As for the DIC, I started seeing messages the other day, so maybe I was missing them or something. I don't know. Either that or not every message in the OM comes up.

So, were just down to the possible battery/charging issue.