Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 12-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #29
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I have not gotten any daily's for three days. I don't have any old or new subscriptions set as instant or weekly. I have IE 11 & Windows 10, but I don't see how that is a factor in receiving email?
It shouldn't. But it might be helpful to know who you use as an e-mail provider, since it doesn't appear to be affecting everybody.

I use hotmail.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #30
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Oh, and MarkLS2: it looks like I'm not getting instants, again. Last one received was at 5pm. I should have gotten one at around 7 when Bad@ass posted in this thread.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-30-2015, 06:37 AM   #31
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Well everything WAS back to normal for me, now I'm not getting instant notifications anymore at all. Junk or regular email.

EDIT:
Since I posted the original content of this post, the instant notifications are back.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread

Last edited by pyroguy; 12-30-2015 at 10:20 AM.
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:40 AM   #32
pcguy2u

Drives: 2009 Corvette ZR1
Missing daily emails for subscribed subforums

Have not received any emails from the forum since 12/27/15 - as it turns out this is true for both subscribed threads (there is another thread on that problem) and subscribed sub-forums. Checked both types of subscriptions and both show subscribed, yet nothing comes in.

I have had this problem since earlier this year and when investigating the cause, I determined the work around to be to use an email address such as Gmail or Yahoo, etc. - I have started using a Gmail address and it worked until sometime just before the 27th.

Need a fix for this....

Many thanks,
Nick
pcguy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:07 AM   #33
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Oh, and MarkLS2: it looks like I'm not getting instants, again. Last one received was at 5pm. I should have gotten one at around 7 when Bad@ass posted in this thread.
Got a couple more instants this morning. I think they're still working at the moment. Doesn't seem to be much of a pattern as to when it works & when it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy2u View Post
Have not received any emails from the forum since 12/27/15 - as it turns out this is true for both subscribed threads (there is another thread on that problem) and subscribed sub-forums. Checked both types of subscriptions and both show subscribed, yet nothing comes in.

I have had this problem since earlier this year and when investigating the cause, I determined the work around to be to use an email address such as Gmail or Yahoo, etc. - I have started using a Gmail address and it worked until sometime just before the 27th.

Need a fix for this....

Many thanks,
Nick
I merged your thread into our larger discussion of this issue. I am experiencing the same problem you are, but with hotmail instead of gmail.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 12-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #34
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
It shouldn't. But it might be helpful to know who you use as an e-mail provider, since it doesn't appear to be affecting everybody.

I use hotmail.
I switched over to a gmail account based on mlee's workaround, which worked up until around the 27th also. Comcast is my internet provider.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #35
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

I tried unsubscribing then resubscribing to a number of subforums yesterday, on the slim hope that it would 'reset' some setting & thus get back to sending me my daily updates. It didn't work

Instants still seem to be working intermittently, with no real pattern in terms of when or why it works vs not working that I can notice.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-05-2016, 04:39 PM   #36
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
You folks using Hotmail and getting messages in your junk mail should follow these instructions and post the copied text here.

http://www.haltabuse.org/help/headers/hotmail.shtml

This should contain information that will let the admins see how the message is getting routed. It could be a reverse DNS issue that could be fixed with a simple MX record update.

For those of you using Outlook, simple click on the file tab and press the "Properties" button.

Name:  header1.png
Views: 836
Size:  89.0 KB

Then copy and paste ALL the text from the circled area in a post on this thread.

Name:  header2.png
Views: 662
Size:  39.2 KB
Old 01-05-2016, 06:05 PM   #37
pcguy2u

Drives: 2009 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
I tried unsubscribing then resubscribing to a number of subforums yesterday, on the slim hope that it would 'reset' some setting & thus get back to sending me my daily updates. It didn't work

Instants still seem to be working intermittently, with no real pattern in terms of when or why it works vs not working that I can notice.
Same here - except that the only instant I seem to be receiving is on this thread???

This problem has been going on for some time now in one way or another.

It's time to fix it - please....
pcguy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #38
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Just bumping this thread. I haven't noticed any changes in anything in the last week or so ... instants are still hit and miss, dailys are nowhere to be seen, and weeklys work fine.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-12-2016, 11:15 AM   #39
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Yup, I would agree, instants are hit and miss and dailies are nowhere to be found.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #40
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Just bumping this thread. I haven't noticed any changes in anything in the last week or so ... instants are still hit and miss, dailys are nowhere to be seen, and weeklys work fine.
Another bump

I changed my automatic subscriptions from 'Instant' to 'Weekly', and it looks like all my newly subscribed threads sent notices as they should last night. I've also switched many of the Camaro6 subscribed forums to 'Weekly' as well & they work. Thats not the best way to keep track of things, but its better than nothing and seems to be reliable.

One thing that has caught my eye is that the instant notices seem to conk out in the early to mid afternoon on weekdays, but often keep coming into the late afternoon/early evening on weekends. This is a long-shot but ... is it even possible that there is some sort of 'daily limit' thats getting hit? After x-thousand emails get sent, the system just stops sending them? And if, someway somehow, that counter gets reset between 1:00 am & 1:30 Eastern it could explain the odd behaviour of all 3 subscription types.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 02-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #41
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm having the same issue as well. I have mine set to instant notification and I rarely get one. They don't go to my spam folder they just never arrive. I have a specific folder in Gmail and a filter set up to put Camaro5 notifications in that folder. Every once in awhile I'll get one, but that is rare.

Not an issue with any other forum I belong to, just this one.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:40 AM   #42
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Not to offend the Mods here, but guys, has this problem been passed onto your upper leadership/management?

Im not getting these messages in my junk email folder, I'm just not getting them PERIOD. Well thats not true, when I do get a notification, that comes into my gmail, it is sent to me.

My issue is that out of twenty thread subscriptions, I may only get three of them telling me that someone has replied to the thread I subscribed to, out of twenty replies. There is no pattern, sometimes I'll get a notification about a PM, sometimes I wont'. At least Tapatalk is working...
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote