Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
Guiltyox

Drives: 2013 Black 1SS 6MT
P0030 and P015D logged

So I haven't posted yet about this, and it seems to be a slow recurring problem for one of the codes being thrown. Let me first start by saying that I'm not the most knowledgeable person with cars, but I know my fair share, looking to learn more.

I have a 2013 1SS LS3 with the mods listed at the bottom of this post. I've been throwing the P0030 code repeatedly for a while, and the P015D only recently (so I think). I have zero performance issues or misfiring at all, and I can clear the codes with my SCT X4 and eventually the P0030 will return over time (sometimes in the next few days, sometimes it takes months). It was my understanding that my base canned tune from SCT X4 removed/disabled the rear O2 sensors, but I still get these codes. I did have a spark plug wire touch a header and burn out on me, causing a misfire at one point, but that has sense been fixed and close cleared. Any thoughts as to why these are occurring?

I wrenched my own work, I did not pinch any wires or omit reconnecting any O2's. I did use the included O2 extensions on the cats which I've read can cause an issue.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

My mods: Stainless Works 1 7/8" LT headers, Stainless works 4" hi-flow cats, h-pipe delete, CAI air intake, and a base LS3 Camaro canned tune with my SCT X4.
Guiltyox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #2
Guiltyox

I did have 2-4% more fuel on WOT in the tune, but I reverted back to the base canned tune. Please note, however, that this code has been thrown even WITH the base canned tune.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:54 PM   #3
Guiltyox

Bueller?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2018, 08:45 AM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I read a bunch of threads just to try to give you a reply. Lol. As you said, the extensions seem like they can give some people issues. Could be the sensor itself. My suggestion would be to try unplugging and replugging (and maybe hitting the connections with some dielectric grease?), then maybe swapping the upstream sensors between the left and right sides. That would tell you if it's a sensor issue or an extension issue.

P015D sounds more like you need a proper tune / check and see if you can modify any settings like your downstream O2s in your canned tunes.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:59 PM   #5
Guiltyox

Thanks for the replies so far everyone! Since posting, I cleared my codes and just threw a CEL yesterday. Again there is no issue with how the car drives, no power loss or power cut in Wot, so I'm leaning towards the O2 sensors or extensions as I've read. I attached the most recent codes thrown taken 120 seconds before this post.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:41 PM   #6
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Sounds like you're hooked up. Good to see.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:29 AM   #7
broshua

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
What was the fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyox View Post
Thanks for the replies so far everyone! Since posting, I cleared my codes and just threw a CEL yesterday. Again there is no issue with how the car drives, no power loss or power cut in Wot, so I'm leaning towards the O2 sensors or extensions as I've read. I attached the most recent codes thrown taken 120 seconds before this post.

What ended up being the fix for this. I just installed SP Long Tubes with High Flow cats and ended up with the exact same to codes you have.
broshua is offline   Reply With Quote