Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #15
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
That might be true but realize:
a. '21 isn't that far away, and the current v8 Camaros are at or near the base vette performance as is. This is not including 1LE or ZL1.
b. The Camaro will never totally eclipse the Corvette while its in production. Doing this would kill Corvette business; After all, why pay extra for the vette if a less expensive car will out gun it. One could argue with the ZL, but Chevy is charging extra for the ZL1 components and Corvette still has a cushion with Z06 and ZR1.
c. Any car can be made fast, so one shouldn't get bent out of shape if a car is faster or not. One can modify their car (at a risk, of course) and have fun with it.
d. Camaros have matched and eclipsed previous Corvette generations before: This was the case with the LS1 Fbody, and also with ZL1, Z28 and 1LE. Although the title of the article may excite some, it isn't such a unique thing of Camaro gaining on Corvette performance.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #16
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I don't believe a lot of what's in that post. I do believe that GM is going all in on EV and hybrid because whether we all want it or not, that's the way of the future for cars. They're just trying to beat everyone else to it but I hope they're not making a big mistake by ditching everything else to do it first.

There are rumors floating around that there won't even be a 7th gen Camaro and I believe those more than I believe that corvette forum post regarding the 7th gen.

So many people want to believe that the C8 is going to be a $100k plus car in base trim but I just don't see that happening. The majority of Vettes sold are $60k-$75k msrp. They would be fools to completely eliminate that segment of buyers and expect them buy Camaros instead.
No not base being $100k but I believe it’ll be mid 80s MSRP. V8s will only go up in value as it is gets closer to 2025 CAFE standards.

EVs in sports cars will be a package within the model. They may offer Camaro EV but also SS option as well. Now EV pricing will probably be around the same unless EV is strictly a gas saver with looks. If it’s EV performance, it’ll be same price as SS if not more due to the performance gap.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote