Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #43
somewhatdamaged

Drives: 16' 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
jeez, the point is being missed here. It isn't which would it be easier, it is the fact they they ARE DOGS and no matter what interior you have they are STILL DOGS and shit will happen.
I mean I love dogs as much as the next guy....but If I were to ever let a dog ride in my Camaro (which I won't) if he/she were to put one scratch on anything it's gonna be hitchhiking home damn it!
somewhatdamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:08 AM   #44
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
When riding in a car with cloth interior for more than a couple of hours at a time, my ass gets really uncomfortable. You have to have a pillow almost or it gets unbearable. Never had that problem with the leather seats I have now.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #45
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Aqua Blue LS3 Gauge PKG
I intentionally got the cloth seats. In MHO they are easier to care for and look better longer. To help them last longer I purchased a cheep set of seat covers that have the Chevy bowtie and are pleather. That way I have the look of leather without the cost, plus I can throw them away and get new when needed.

See the pic's. FYI, I got them at Walmart. No hate here, save money when I can, where I can. They look just fine, are open on the sides for the airbags, take the wear of getting in and out just fine. My only complaint is the side flaps sometimes fold over when getting in and need to be adjusted, not a big deal, just my input.
The best part is they are easy to remove for showing/staging as/if necessary.

Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #46
somewhatdamaged

Drives: 16' 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
I intentionally got the cloth seats. In MHO they are easier to care for and look better longer. To help them last longer I purchased a cheep set of seat covers that have the Chevy bowtie and are pleather. That way I have the look of leather without the cost, plus I can throw them away and get new when needed.

See the pic's. FYI, I got them at Walmart. No hate here, save money when I can, where I can. They look just fine, are open on the sides for the airbags, take the wear of getting in and out just fine. My only complaint is the side flaps sometimes fold over when getting in and need to be adjusted, not a big deal, just my input.
The best part is they are easy to remove for showing/staging as/if necessary.

Hey those don't look bad at all, great idea. I've been thinking of what kind of inexpensive covers to get once my 1SS gets here...those might do the trick. Another option that I was thinking of is similar to the C6 Corvette that sells a terry cloth style cover that's easy on/off and looks decent. How much were your covers? Any weird vinyl smell? Thanks!
somewhatdamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #47
FASST 1

Drives: Black 1SS
The cloth is holding up better than leather in the 2010 camaro. There is another thread on here where people who have leather and their car for a while are complaining that the leater in the bottom portion of the seat is streaching.
FASST 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #48
halo8hkk

Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
i wish you could get a 2ss with cloth. i got the 1ss because i didnt want leather.

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #49
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
I would go with leather, like someone else mentioned, the cloth seems to hold smells.

I think the leather looks sharp as hell, too.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #50
FASST 1

Drives: Black 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
I would go with leather, like someone else mentioned, the cloth seems to hold smells.

I think the leather looks sharp as hell, too.

Smells? What are you doing in your camaro?
FASST 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #51
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASST 1 View Post
Smells? What are you doing in your camaro?
I eat a lot of Mexican food, let's leave it at that.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #52
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
Where did you get those seat-covers from?
jmelchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #53
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatdamaged View Post
Hey those don't look bad at all, great idea. I've been thinking of what kind of inexpensive covers to get once my 1SS gets here...those might do the trick. Another option that I was thinking of is similar to the C6 Corvette that sells a terry cloth style cover that's easy on/off and looks decent. How much were your covers? Any weird vinyl smell? Thanks!

I still have the "New Car Smell" working so I didn't notice anything. They were only 20 bucks. Overall I think they are pretty good. Nothing fancy or special, but they do the job I needed them to do. I (go ahead and laugh) work at walmart. Mgr for the Tire lube center. Anyway I do get dirty and a bit greasy so I want something to protect the seats as this is my DD car.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #54
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
I eat a lot of Mexican food, let's leave it at that.
Hmmmm, Mexican in Jersey!!!! now that is something different!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #55
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelchio View Post
Where did you get those seat-covers from?
Walmart 20 bucks

Last edited by Jarhead; 02-27-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #56
NJP56

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/ RS Package A6
I have the cloth. Sure you do have to be carefull and not stain it but it is a Camaro, I will not risk staining it. Also I had a PT Cruiser with leather seats and the leather is so thin that it is really not leather. It was like paper thin adhered to a cloth backing, it started to peel off after about 30000 miles, let alone stretch, crease and look worn. That is why I chose cloth on the Camaro. Also with the leather you have to watch that the seat heaters do not burn-in on the leather, it happened to a friends LT2 and they had to get a new seat cover
NJP56 is offline   Reply With Quote