Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #29
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Round filled. Solid.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #30
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Pfadt View Post
.........We'll certainly do all of our testing with the stock tire package. This weird thought (that seems to be gaining traction on this forum) that you have to change tires to make the car work is crazy.

Stay tuned.

Aaron Pfadt
Maybe next summer you and Pedders can have a weekend Shootout... Plenty of time for each to have product fully developed and in stock. I'm sure you can get 2 bone stock volunteer cars from our fine members.

I agree with both sides... Your aftermarket suspension should perform much better than stock with factory tires. I also agree that a tire/wheel upgrade is high on the list of many folks spending their cash on suspension mods.

If GM left a lot on the table in terms of better handling, my brother may be happy with just a bar change, but I won't be happy till I can catch that Z06 in the twisties
Old 09-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #31
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Sweet! I want one
Old 09-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #32
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
Hey Jordan,
can you update me on your sub frame connectors and bushing availability? Sport bars still I/S?
My patience is gone.
I cant speak for Jordan, but we distribute this line and stay up to date on releases.

From my information, the sub frame bushings will be released shortly, I am patiently awaiting just like you for many of my customers, who already have these items on order, which goes miles to speak about the quality and trust with Pfadts products.

The sport bars are instock, ready to rock and roll! I have several already on customer cars, many of which are going to MTI's fun day, so it will be neat to see how they preform against stock cars, we are offering a nice shipping offer for members here as well, PM me or email for details.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #33
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Hey Jordan, I'm local, do you guys offer installation. I'm kinda bad with tools....thanks.

SUPRBAD???

Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #34
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
Hey Jordan,
can you update me on your sub frame connectors and bushing availability? Sport bars still I/S?
My patience is gone.
Hi Greg,

We're developing a Strut Tower Brace (4 weeks), Soild Sub Frame Bushings (3 weeks), Poly C-Arm Kit (5-6 weeks) and a lot of supporting products soon to follow. I'll keep you posted!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
What is a solid tubular bar?
It's a solid round (tubular) bar opposed to a solid square bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Maybe next summer you and Pedders can have a weekend Shootout... Plenty of time for each to have product fully developed and in stock. I'm sure you can get 2 bone stock volunteer cars from our fine members.

I agree with both sides... Your aftermarket suspension should perform much better than stock with factory tires. I also agree that a tire/wheel upgrade is high on the list of many folks spending their cash on suspension mods.

If GM left a lot on the table in terms of better handling, my brother may be happy with just a bar change, but I won't be happy till I can catch that Z06 in the twisties
We'd be down for that!!!! We just need to figure out the place and get 2 stock Camaros!!! Maybe we can talk Andy Pilgram into driving!!

In terms of tire packages I agree for ultimate performance larger tires would add mechanical grip. I think and most would agree that the largest front and rear tires would provide that grip. So let me ask you this; if you could run 305's on all 4 corners or 305's in the front and 315's-335's in the rear which would give you more mechanical grip? Our packages were designed to work with the factory wheel package/stagger as well many different aftermarket combination's. In fact the Carriage House Customs/Pfadt Racing American Iron Camaro is required to run a square package because of rules and we have enough adjustability built into our system to accommodate that set up with our Race Bar package which has a true front adjustable bar and a three piece adjustable spline/arm rear bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
Sweet! I want one
We can make that happen!!!!

Please feel free to call or email us anytime!!! We appreciate everyone's interest in Pfadt products!!!

HERE is a link to our NASA Nationals thread on Corvette forum; video in post # 32. We were taken out by a Viper on the final lap of the ST1 race but we won TTU with Danny Popp driving!!!! This C6 Z06 has a stock engine and we were able to qualify # 1 for ST1 and win TTU with suspension and aerodynamic mods only!!!! This is a testimate that a properly set up/balanced chassis makes the difference and we know how to do this!!! Next year in American Iron we expect our Camaro to be a contender!

Kind regards,
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #35
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Jordan,

If someone wants to improve the handling of their Camaro, would it make more sense to buy sway bars before buying springs? In other words, will the sways bars alone make more of a difference than just springs? Thanks--
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #36
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens Blvd View Post
Jordan,

If someone wants to improve the handling of their Camaro, would it make more sense to buy sway bars before buying springs? In other words, will the sways bars alone make more of a difference than just springs? Thanks--
In terms of lowering springs alone verse sway bars alone the sway bars would offer a larger performance advantage. Through our testing this has proven to be true and it's what we advise. A combination of drop springs and sways would be a great package but you piece a kit together or use 1 or the other.

Please feel free to call or email us anytime. We're happy to help you achieve your performance goals!

Kind regards,
Old 09-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #37
Gib

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, RJT 04 Silverado
Will you be coming out with a set of drop springs to work with your sport bars? If so, any details? Thanks!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:24 AM   #38
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
I installed these sways on my SS last night. I really haven't got a good chance to put the car through it's paces yet, but you can feel the difference immediately. The steering is much more responsive. The numb feeling on center is gone. Everything feels tighter. Body roll is way down and the car feels like it's more willing to go where you point it. Balanced is a good way to describe the way the car feels. I would definitely recommend these bars to anyone looking for a first step in enhancing the driveability of their Camaro.

My only question for Jordan would be about setting up the rear bar. Which setting is appropriate for stock wheels and tires. I'm not tracking the car, I'm just an average dude looking for balance and driveablity.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #39
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib View Post
Will you be coming out with a set of drop springs to work with your sport bars? If so, any details? Thanks!
Pfadt is releasing performance lowering springs for the Camaro chassis! We have a few customers already pre ordered, which speaks volumes to the trust and quality of this product line up.

The springs will lower your camaro 1.25", and will be a great package addition to the sport sways by helping to lower the center of gravity on the camaro, and add a more sleek aesthetic appeal.

If your interest give Jordan or myself a call, and we both would be eager to help.

Regards

Last edited by IPS Brandon; 09-18-2009 at 08:21 AM.
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #40
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib View Post
Our 1.25" drop springs were designed to work as a stand alone or as a system with our Balance Bar or the Sport Sway Bars. Everything we engineering will work together. If you were going to start with 1 I'd suggest sways first; they will bring balance to the chassis and reduce body roll. The Sport Springs will increase the spring rate slightly and provide a lower stance which is great for looks and performance. Please feel free to call, email or PM us anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
I installed these sways on my SS last night. I really haven't got a good chance to put the car through it's paces yet, but you can feel the difference immediately. The steering is much more responsive. The numb feeling on center is gone. Everything feels tighter. Body roll is way down and the car feels like it's more willing to go where you point it. Balanced is a good way to describe the way the car feels. I would definitely recommend these bars to anyone looking for a first step in enhancing the driveability of their Camaro.

My only question for Jordan would be about setting up the rear bar. Which setting is appropriate for stock wheels and tires. I'm not tracking the car, I'm just an average dude looking for balance and driveablity.
Robert,

That's great! The responsiveness and balance is outstanding with our Sport Sways! I'd suggest starting the rear bar in the center hole. Our development was done with a factory combination and this was the setting we liked. We did put a square package on our car (factory rears on the front) and the only thing I noticed was slower steering response because of the huge weight increase; I didn't notice better grip personally.

Thank you for choosing Pfadt products and please feel free to call or email us anytime with questions!

Kind regards,
Old 09-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #41
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Got to really put the car through its paces this morning. Rear bar set to the middle hole. The car is like a totally different machine with these sways. Corners flat with almost no body roll. I think lowering it 1-1.5 will eliminate all roll.
These bars make the car feel smaller and more responsive. If any of you are like me, and on a budget, making upgrades one at a time, start your suspension upgrade with these bars. They make a huge difference!
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:55 AM   #42
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Just a heads up!
For those that have upgraded your exhaust, to include axle back systems, be aware that the bushing mount on the upgraded rear sway bar may have clearance issues.
I have ARH LT's with catted Xpipe and Magna flow street series axle backs. The right (passenger) side bend in the pipe will not allow the sway bar mount enough room.
There is also something that Aaron brought up. You may have premature bushing wear running the exhaust that close unless you fab a heat shield. A good idea IMO.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote