Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-11-2018, 05:01 PM   #1
Brent114

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro rs
back up camera

should i out a back up camera in my car? Should i go with the mirror mount of can i have it hooked up through my factory deck?
Brent114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #2
Marklar

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent114 View Post
should i out a back up camera in my car? Should i go with the mirror mount of can i have it hooked up through my factory deck?
I'm not certain I understand your question exactly but if you're asking whether or not you should add a backup camera, yes I'd highly recommend it. I really wish I had gotten a backup cam in my car because I hate reversing. Every time I drive a rental that has one I'm reminded how much I wish I had a backup cam on mine.

As for where the screen should go, I have no recommendation. Up to your personal preference.
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:39 PM   #3
Brent114

could i just take it to the dealer and that add one through my stock dock?
Old 09-18-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
Marklar

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
could i just take it to the dealer and that add one through my stock dock?
I don't know, I haven't looked very seriously into getting one myself. At the very least, the dealer would be able to tell you what your options are. Very likely they could add a stock one.

Maybe someone else can give advise.
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:58 PM   #5
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Yes there are plenty of threads on this. If your factory deck is non-navigation and the standard ol' HU, you will have to either upgrade your system, or go with the rearview mirror option. If you have plans to update you HU later down the road, I would wait until then, as you will have to be in there anyway.

Either case, it is a fairly simple to moderate DIY. You can buy the complete kits thru Amazon, EBay, and I think even Gen5DIY.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #6
Brent114

HOW MUCH DOES THE UPDATE COST?
Old 09-24-2018, 07:15 PM   #7
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
HOW MUCH DOES THE UPDATE COST?
Prices will vary depending on what your intended goals are. I do know that the PAC, Metra, or Scosche dash kits range from about $250-$350 if you shop around good. May also find it cheaper on sale or if anyone has one for sale. Then you will need to add the other goodies to that like your HU, camera system, and installation.

If you install just the rearview camera system, they range in price depending on different variances, but I am not sure on those, as I installed a new Scosche dash kit and double din HU, and camera all at the same time.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote