Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
STRUT1

Drives: '10 STRUT Camaro SS/RS
Thumbs up Pics of my project, STRUT1 (Summit White 2SS)

Okay, STRUT1 was unleashed this week and I was able to debut it at the Jimmy Johnson Camaro Meet in San Diego yesterday. I would like to give special thanks to STRUT (www.Strutwear.com), Gary's Customz (Florida) and Coast Motoring (Laguna Beach, CA) for helping me with this project. Feel free to PM me should you have any questions. This car is definitely a head turner and will hopefully help us expand our Camaro5 community. I hope you like the pics!

Exterior:
STRUT grill (blacked out with black chrome badges), RKSport Rear Spoiler, RKSport Hood with Heat Extractor (with filled in side vents), Razzi rear diffuser, Gary's Vented Fenders, OEM side skirts, OEM front chin, 22" STRUT wheels (flat black with black chrome badges)
Engine/Mods:
Headers, CAI, K&N filer, Tuner, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust Competition Series, Eibach suspension system with sway bars, etc.
(I might be missing a few items as I don't have the spec sheet with me currently)
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
I like it, its edgy without being over the top.

Sweet lookin ride ya got there

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I know it must be my age, as I'm one of the few seniors here, but I just don't get the black wheel thing. With all due respect, and I don't intend to offend anyone, but I would like someone to explain what's good about tires and wheels that look like donut spares on a beautiful new summit white Camaro.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I know it must be my age, as I'm one of the few seniors here, but I just don't get the black wheel thing. With all due respect, and I don't intend to offend anyone, but I would like someone to explain what's good about tires and wheels that look like donut spares on a beautiful new summit white Camaro.
Can't really explain it...just looks good to us whipper-snappers, I'm going to do the same to my SW 2SS/RS when I get it.

The only thing on this car that I'm not real big on is the lower rear body kit. Overall the car is killer...any interior mods?
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
STRUT1

Thanks everyone! Spy, the STRUT badge "pops" when you are standing in front of the car or under the right lighting. The problem is that I was using my daughters 5megapixel camera.LOL! I paid a lot of money for those wheels but got a lower price point due to the anticipated media coverage. You know, here in SoCal people love blacked out wheels and blacked out cars. These wheels have black chrome badges and center caps to contrast with the flat black wheels. Actually, people have been raving about the rear, saying it has a "sexy ass." LOL! This was just my little starter kit as we have plans for other mods this summer. Asside from bolt ons, I did not do anything else to the interior of the car (that's my next project).
Thanks again, Camaro peeps!
Old 03-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
I LOVE IT!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
Blakout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NPP
Everything looks good I guess except for that rear diffuser. It's not the right look for the Camaro in my opinion. Too ricey.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
OneQuickGP

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I love the whole look of your car, excellent job. Can't wait to get started on mine, she's still bone stock......
Old 03-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
And that sir will make me jizz my pants twice
spoone123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #10
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
very nice.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:02 PM   #11
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Whew,I thought I was the only one on here that does'nt get it. No matter what make or model of car it is a black wheel just throws it off. Yea,must be getting old.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #12
STRUT1

Spy, thanks for sharing the pics from Unique Autosports. It's a cool ride, similar to mine but different in that my ride is more aggresive looking. I bought two tickets and will give it to my wife if I win. TTYL
Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #13
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
how much is that grill??

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #14
STRUT1

Too much! LOL! STRUT grills command a premium but if you like the look and attention, it's worth it. The STRUT grills give cars a distinguishing look. I have one on my wife's Yukon and it makes the car look like an escalade.