Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #99
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
... You cannot have a fullsize price on a midsize truck.

Well...this has been the case for a long time. Tacoma, and now Colorado/Canyon, and very likely the Ranger when it comes back. All are closer than comfortable at MSRP compared to the highly discounted full-size trucks.

Which leads me to say again...the cost on full size trucks MSRP is way over-inflated to make the discounts look amazing. There is no way it costs 10 grand more to build a similarly equipped full-size versus a mid-size. No way. Not to mention they build/sell many more full-size trucks driving costs down further. People need to stop being surprised that you can't get more than a few grand off a mid-size truck, but can find 8 - 10 grand or sometimes more off a fullsize.

yes, I wish a mid-size was a few grand cheaper on average, but it is what it is. Unless Ford brings back a Ranger that is a bit smaller than the Tacoma and Colorado/Canyon, prices it accordingly, and it sells like hotcakes, those smaller trucks days are never coming back.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #100
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
The profit margin on full size trucks is massive..really.

How else do you think they can offer discounts of nearly $10,000 without losing their asses?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:48 PM   #101
NewDivide
NewDivide

Drives: SW '13 1SS/RS & '12 Honda CRV
I remember my new '96 ZR2 maxcab w/ moderate options was like $25k...Not sure how that translates to today's $.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:33 PM   #102
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDivide View Post
I remember my new '96 ZR2 maxcab w/ moderate options was like $25k...Not sure how that translates to today's $.
Based on what I found, that translates to roughly 35 to 38K today.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:26 AM   #103
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
I think $41k is fair. Wait a while, find a few sitting on lots, go in and haggle. You'll get them to drop the price.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:31 PM   #104
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
So...looking through the Colorado order guide, the MyLink system with navigation is listed as optional...
Old 02-10-2017, 07:32 AM   #105
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
So...looking through the Colorado order guide, the MyLink system with navigation is listed as optional...
I'd be ok if it was standard honestly. I'd guess most folks want all of the tech nowadays.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:04 AM   #106
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
It's a beautiful truck and if I wasn't paying off my Camaro I'd love this as my daily driver. My husband has had 3 ZR2's and use to hunt. he said he brought his four wheeler once and found out he didn't really need it cause these little trucks can go anywhere and he really misses his.
maybe after a few yrs, and the Camaro paid off, I might be able to get one for a lesser price. Great job to the Truck Team at Chevy!
Old 02-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #107
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
COming from a repeat raptor owner, this isn't even in the same league. But it's a cool little truck and should be great competition for the Tacoma TRD PRO.

I would guess after you check a few boxes on the order, it would be about 45? So probably net retail around 40-41?

That's about 5k less than a base supercab raptor priced at invoice and about 8k less than a base supercrew raptor. (Which you can find dealers to sell for.) That's quite a bit cheaper for the ZR2, especially apples to apples comparison.

I will entertain a zr2 ina few years when my '17 is ready for a trade in.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #108
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
COming from a repeat raptor owner, this isn't even in the same league. But it's a cool little truck and should be great competition for the Tacoma TRD PRO.

I would guess after you check a few boxes on the order, it would be about 45? So probably net retail around 40-41?

That's about 5k less than a base supercab raptor priced at invoice and about 8k less than a base supercrew raptor. (Which you can find dealers to sell for.) That's quite a bit cheaper for the ZR2, especially apples to apples comparison.

I will entertain a zr2 ina few years when my '17 is ready for a trade in.
Yes ... a midsize truck isn't in the same league as a full size truck -but it is in the same league as other midsize trucks. This shouldn't be a big revolution to anyone ... and yet somehow, it needed to be pointed out.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #109
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yes ... a midsize truck isn't in the same league as a full size truck -but it is in the same league as other midsize trucks. This shouldn't be a big revolution to anyone ... and yet somehow, it needed to be pointed out.
People desperately want to compare this to the Raptor. I guess because GM doesn't have an answer in that niche segment.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #110
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
They're both off-road focused trucks, so I'm not surprised those comparisons are being drawn. It's just each of them have their own merits for off roading.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #111
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
It's been discussed several times in this thread. It probably didn't need to be said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
People desperately want to compare this to the Raptor. I guess because GM doesn't have an answer in that niche segment.
I wish they would come up with something that wasn't just stickers. If GMC made an off-road truck, it would be in my garage instead of the Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
They're both off-road focused trucks, so I'm not surprised those comparisons are being drawn. It's just each of them have their own merits for off roading.
Correct. Now just take the off road stuff to a 1500 with the 6.2. Come on GM you know you can do it!
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #112
COmaro

Drives: Many
41K? LMAO. Might be worth the $35K they will be selling for in a year. Might.

I recently kind of halfway looked at replacing my 2000 Silverado 1500 extended cab 8' bed. I paid $27K for that in late-1999, and it was a stripper: rubber floor, steel wheels, crank windows, base stereo, cloth bench, but it had the mechanicals I wanted: 5.3L, 4.10 limited slip rear, skid plates.

I recently found a 2500HD Crew Cab WT locally for $36K. In real dollars, that is less than I paid for my 2000 Silverado 1500 in 1999! It had the 6.0 gas engine, snowplow package, upgraded stereo, spray in liner. Even WORK TRUCKS now have nice interiors with touch screens, power windows/locks/AC, etc. People are so damn spoiled they have to have heated leather, climate control, and 12 speaker stereos in their freaking pickup trucks. The dealer said they couldn't sell a truck that was as "stripped" as that one! Sheesh.

I ended up passing for financial reasons, but I'm sure I'll find another next year. Meanwhile, $41K to START for a mid-sized pickup? No way.
COmaro is offline   Reply With Quote