Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #57
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Great job guys.

Just with all the customer feedback lately, I'd be shocked if we don't have 20 9sec cars now. Seems like just about everybody who's done a 4L80, runs 9's pretty easy.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #58
CGbambam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PwrAdikt View Post
Lsx 427 with twins 4l80 and all supporting mods. Pump, meth,
you'd be surprised how much more it would make of e85 just saying lol
CGbambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:41 PM   #59
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Great job guys.

Just with all the customer feedback lately, I'd be shocked if we don't have 20 9sec cars now. Seems like just about everybody who's done a 4L80, runs 9's pretty easy.
What all needs to be done to the kit to fit the 4L80?
Old 08-08-2017, 08:44 AM   #60
PwrAdikt

Drives: 2005 silverado ss 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasycz28 View Post
What all needs to be done to the kit to fit the 4L80?
Cut and relocate gates. One comes completely off and goes to housing. The other just notches and moves
PwrAdikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #61
PwrAdikt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGbambam View Post
you'd be surprised how much more it would make of e85 just saying lol
Trust me i know i thought about going that route i got buddies making plenty piwer on it but for me it didnt seem that great. The car will sit for months and i heard ethanol is horrible for that. There is only a handful of stations here that carry it and its only e70. I take pretty long trips in it and i dont wanna navigate a course based on fuel. I have enough injector for it but not pumps. I have fore triple pump but not the biggest ones for heat i went smaller banking on staying pump. Im ok with where im at. When it cools down i may add a lil torco and crack 1200rwhp very easily
Old 08-08-2017, 02:30 PM   #62
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Quote:
Great job guys.

How many running 9's through a 6L80/90 AND stock converter? That is my goal this fall.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:42 PM   #63
AGP Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
How many running 9's through a 6L80/90 AND stock converter? That is my goal this fall.
How/why are you gonna do that on a stock stall? That is going to be super tough off the line.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:55 PM   #64
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
Quote:
How/why are you gonna do that on a stock stall? That is going to be super tough off the line.
I know. All the comments on the video in my signature saying the the car is slow and I can't drive are pretty funny. Only a few point out that launching a turbo car on a factory stall doesn't work well. But I only go to the track a few times each year. Car is 99% street driven and I don't want to lose driveabilty if I don't have to. A built 6L90 and a reworked V/ZL1 converter are in my future most likely.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #65
AGP Turbo

One of the great things about the 6L's controllers and all the good triple disc stalls out now is you just lock the converter at all light throttle speeds and anything over 25mph. The thing drives exactly like stock 98% of the time.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:20 PM   #66
PwrAdikt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
I know. All the comments on the video in my signature saying the the car is slow and I can't drive are pretty funny. Only a few point out that launching a turbo car on a factory stall doesn't work well. But I only go to the track a few times each year. Car is 99% street driven and I don't want to lose driveabilty if I don't have to. A built 6L90 and a reworked V/ZL1 converter are in my future most likely.
I promise you wont lose ANY streetability with a good stall. Hell my gf's gto is daily driven to school 60 miles each way traffic on campus and everything on a 4k circle d and it drives incredible and you dont need anywhere near that im sure based on your turbo size and cam. My protorque is 3600 and same thing thats on 4l's the 6's are even smoother.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:19 AM   #67
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
We have 3 Livernois built ZL1's running well into the 9's on stock converter 6L90 Tranny, Stock LSA Supercharger no nitrous with no issues. Also there are numerous CTS-V guys doing the same thing. I like Turbos very much so but the stock PD LSA charger holds its on very very well in the 1/8 and even 1/4 mile putting down some low et's with less horsepower than many of the turbo cars. They turn up quick and get moving without any delay.

Last edited by Dega Man; 08-09-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #68
PwrAdikt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
We have 3 Livernois built ZL1's running well into the 9's on stock converter 6L90 Tranny, Stock LSA Supercharger no nitrous with no issues. Also there are numerous CTS-V guys doing the same thing. I like Turbos very much so but the stock PD LSA charger holds its on very very well in the 1/8 and even 1/4 mile putting down some low et's with less horsepower than many of the turbo cars. They turn up quick and get moving without any delay.
Thats a cool story and i know plenty doing what you are speaking of so i know its true and there are plenty of threads about the LSA but its 100% irrelevant in a thread speaking about agp kit times. Each of us knows what you are saying and just like turbo's. Trust me there is thread after thread about sc vs turbo and we all had that information available to us and chose this setup we are discussing. I have pd vehicles too but choose not to ONLY do that. Pretty sure ANY car running deep in the 9's on stock drivetrain is on borrowed time to an extent based on the owners driving habits is what agp meant.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #69
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PwrAdikt View Post
Thats a cool story and i know plenty doing what you are speaking of so i know its true and there are plenty of threads about the LSA but its 100% irrelevant in a thread speaking about agp kit times. Each of us knows what you are saying and just like turbo's. Trust me there is thread after thread about sc vs turbo and we all had that information available to us and chose this setup we are discussing. I have pd vehicles too but choose not to ONLY do that. Pretty sure ANY car running deep in the 9's on stock drivetrain is on borrowed time to an extent based on the owners driving habits is what agp meant.
I can read very well Sir and I understand what the OP is asking as well. AGP question was about a stock stall and that is what my response was regarding. I respect your remarks and hope you will tender the same respect, but I am very well versed in English and reading Sir.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:16 PM   #70
AGP Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post

What does that have to do with launching a turbo car on a stock stall?

I'd bet $$ those are high stall converters in those cars. Many companies cut stock converters open, loosen them up and then weld them back together so they look stock. Drag racers, hunters, fishermen, all sort of know for one thing. It's part of the game.

http://www.circledspecialties.com/p-...converter.aspx