Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-20-2017, 08:18 AM   #155
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
The people that did install the round switch, can you tell me how big you drilled the whole to install it. I have the button no directions came with to tell me how big to drill the whole for install. Thank you
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #156
ZL1 4 ME

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
I used a 3/4" (if its the same switch from amazon) and a bit of file work to get a good fit and the keyed notch.

Here is where I installed mine, if you do the same it is double walled right there so you might have to drill from the other side a little larger to give some clearance. I also grabbed a piece of a gm harness that goes to the relay, so that I could unclip the camaro harness where it goes to the back of the relay and clip in the spare piece that I had. This way I didn't have to cut the original wiring.

All Empty Racing
ZL1 4 ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #157
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Best way to figure out what size drill to use is get a set of dial calipers to measure the body of the switch you are installing.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #158
ZL1 4 ME

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Definitely. I measured mine at 0.760 to 0.770 if they are the same.

All Empty Racing
ZL1 4 ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #159
kravmaga79

Drives: 2015 2ls
does anyone have a pic of the mechanical parts that are doing the stealth job?
kravmaga79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:42 PM   #160
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
I just finished this mod. It’s pretty cool! I previously had the mild to wild controller but swapped it out because it doesn’t close all the time (I’m preparing for my long tubes and don’t want to annoy the neighbors in the AM)

I’d like thank The original poster and inferno1le for taking the time to write this up. You guys are awesome.

The hardest part was running the wires under the center tunnel carpet and drilling the hole (console side mounted round switch). Everything else was just cutting and crimping wires and connecting them to the switch.

If at first it doesn’t work, switch the #1 and #2 wire (#3 is ground) going to your switch. If it’s wired backwards the flaps never move regardless of what the switch is set to.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:03 PM   #161
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by kravmaga79 View Post
am i missing something?
What does all this electrical and vacum control?
is there some muffler with flappers inside it that flip between straight thru or muffled modes?
When the car is ordered it shows up on the window sticker as "Dual Mode Exhaust" and the order code is NPP. Most folks call them NPP mufflers. They are not offered on all cars, look for 4 tips on the back of your car.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:33 PM   #162
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Thanks to all you guys for the 3 way switch solution. I will be going the simple route, but in my searches for a switch, I ran into this...(see link) It looks a lot like the Forza internally and schmatically speaking. No doubt the switch can be configured like the manual one we're all using if you wanted radio control capability on your home link. I'm sure a whole lot less expensive too.
I'm now looking at 3 way rotary switches...something different. LOL!

https://www.amazon.com/Solidremote-1...62723330&psc=1
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 09:25 AM   #163
IWANTA(ss)

Drives: 13 1LE 1SS/05 ZX10/02 Silverado/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno1LE View Post
Hey, I don't mean to put you down, you did a great job figuring that out and it will work perfectly that way, but there is a much simpler way to accomplish this.

You can cut the blue/yellow wire going to the rear fuse block, and wire in an on/off/on rocker switch. Here is a crude diagram of how I wired my NPP.

When you're done, the 3 positions will be flaps Closed/Open/Normal.
So I did that and nothing happened. I was going to post pic to ask for help took the pic and well I’ll just post it for a good laugh
Attached Images

14 Nightrod Special
IWANTA(ss) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:25 PM   #164
2011camaro2ss rs

Drives: 2011 2ss rs package
This is something I want to do. Did you figure it out. Ifso did you have a picture of the final result. I hate to guess and nothing better than pictures lol
2011camaro2ss rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:30 AM   #165
IWANTA(ss)

Drives: 13 1LE 1SS/05 ZX10/02 Silverado/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011camaro2ss rs View Post
This is something I want to do. Did you figure it out. Ifso did you have a picture of the final result. I hate to guess and nothing better than pictures lol
The black wire wasn’t plugged in if you look at it closely lol if your still interested
14 Nightrod Special
IWANTA(ss) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:52 PM   #166
daktah

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss 1le
decided to buy and experiment with the wireless controller FasNuf mentioned. unfortunately it doesnt work exactly as i predicted which would have made this extremely easy, but its surprisingly customizable (theres 8 unique control modes which was a hell of a lot more than i expected) so im brainstorming which sort of configuration would be best for what im trying to accomplish (3/4 unique settings available at the single push of the same button every time without having to know the current state of the relays). of course just running a couple wires would be the easiest but i dont feel like trying to route and hide some wires all the way across the car, so im biting the bullet with this wireless setup.

only glaring issue i can see is that the relays are not self latching and each one pulls 75ma to stay engaged and 150 total if both are on. with a 150ma drain it would take roughly 300-350 hours (12.5-14.5 days) to drain an average 94r battery to an unusable voltage so for people that dont daily their cars this could quickly become a problem. even if it doesnt drain the battery too low to start, the constant drain and charge will lower battery life expectancy. the best solution is to have it on an ignition switched circuit so it will turn off with the car which wouldnt be so bad if you want to for example always start up quiet then go loud once youre on the street, so you just wire it up as the "default", but if you want to just keep it in one particular mode all of the time until you decide to change it it becomes an annoyance. not sure how to work around that one but one step at a time.

luckily (and surprisingly) the system and the remotes retain their mode and settings though power loss, no need to reprogram them unless you want to actually change how it works which is fantastic.
pretty surprised on the effort that went into this thing and apparently several of the modes and settings were actually user requests that the manufacturer implemented, which blows me away that a chinese remote control thingy maker of all things would bother to listen to its "community" and actually reengineer their products for them as requested. the world really has gone mad.

Stock + Speed Engineering 1 7/8 LTHs w/ TSP HFCs, Roto-Fab CAI, Innovate DLG1/LC2 Dual WBo2, Smoked Wicker Bill, Self Tuned w/ HPTuners

Last edited by daktah; 09-14-2020 at 11:07 PM.
daktah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #167
jethrobandit

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS
Hate to dredge up an old post, but I passed on this method originally and went Forza. I'm uninstalling that due to a failure and want to hard wire it like this. According to Inferno1LE a few pages back there is no power going through this switch, it's only throwing a ground. Correct? I was looking at some cool lighted 3 way switches that would be fun to use, but didn't think there'd be any power for it. Right?

Electrical is not my first language...
BTR Stage 3 :: GM 3.91 :: Eaton TrueTrac :: SW LT Headers :: Elite Catch Can :: CAI :: ADM Cold Scoop :: VMAX ported TB :: Forza 3Way :: BMR Lowering Springs/Toe Rods/Lower CA/Trailing Arms/Subframe Bushings
jethrobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:37 PM   #168
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
I made a quick video on where your wiring the 3 way switch into in the back of the camaro and where i placed my switch. check it out if you need assistance still.

https://youtu.be/WIhPZE_TS4Y
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dual mode exhaust, npp, quiet exhaust, stealth exhaust