Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
mattwillis4

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS, Hurst
I'm glad I live in a nice apartment complex. No one messes with anything really. Some of my neighbors with garages leave their door open overnight even.

I'm paranoid since I just purchased mine this past holiday weekend. I'm constantly on the lookout for wide spaces to avoid door dings and flying shopping carts. Plus with school being out, all of the crazy high school drivers are EVERYWHERE!!! Almost hit one yesterday because he decided a 30 foot gap in a toyota corolla was enough to pull out on the access road when we are all doing 55mph.
mattwillis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #16
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
I know I'll get flamed for this but personally I think everyone needs to stop pretending it's a 2 million dollar car. People on here I realize have had vandalism issues but most seem to be infuriated at the idea or someone walking around their car. I've had this car almost 3 years and I have parked in more sketchy places in tampa and south hillsborough than most of the cars on here will ever see. And guess what. No problems. Another thing. I've had mine since they were red hot in '09 when a lot of people hadn't ever seen one in person. If something was gonna happen it would have then more so than now, reason being they are not rare anymore. If I'm wrong forgive me but my dealer must have gipped me of the Bugatti badges.
is that a collie looking out your car window?
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
Don't mean to make you even more paranoid, but you're just as likely to get mugged hiking, or jogging.

There has been a lot of that going on lately around here.
I'm not so much worried about that, I'm a pretty big guy, as long as there are no guns/knivee, or a hoard of dudes trying to take me down, I'll put up a fight. I've also been debating getting my concealed permit so I can carry something small like a Judge that will shoot snake shot as I've been running across a lot of rattle snakes lately, so then I may have an unfair advantage.

Quote:
I know I'll get flamed for this but personally I think everyone needs to stop pretending it's a 2 million dollar car. People on here I realize have had vandalism issues but most seem to be infuriated at the idea or someone walking around their car. I've had this car almost 3 years and I have parked in more sketchy places in tampa and south hillsborough than most of the cars on here will ever see. And guess what. No problems. Another thing. I've had mine since they were red hot in '09 when a lot of people hadn't ever seen one in person. If something was gonna happen it would have then more so than now, reason being they are not rare anymore. If I'm wrong forgive me but my dealer must have gipped me of the Bugatti badges.
I understand what you are saying, but so some people a 20-40k car is still something worth worrying about. Being the type of person I am I would consider trying to fix any body damage myself first rather than make an insurance claims, and end up paying a higher insurance premium, or being droped from my current insurance company.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
invaderzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina308 View Post
I worry about it...but then...what can you do?

I expect my insurance company to step up if something actually does happen. At least...they better....
deja vu
Old 06-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #19
invaderzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post

I understand what you are saying, but so some people a 20-40k car is still something worth worrying about. Being the type of person I am I would consider trying to fix any body damage myself first rather than make an insurance claims, and end up paying a higher insurance premium, or being droped from my current insurance company.
in all fairness, that's about, or even less than,what a good work truck or a family sized SUV costs. you wouldn't worry about those as much? I understand more than anything the car is nice and people want to keep them that way. but it is just a car and just driving it will get knicks and scratches on it from road debris. id never worry myself sick over a car. if it happens it happens. cross that bridge when i get there.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #20
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
in all fairness, that's about, or even less than,what a good work truck or a family sized SUV costs. you wouldn't worry about those as much? I understand more than anything the car is nice and people want to keep them that way. but it is just a car and just driving it will get knicks and scratches on it from road debris. id never worry myself sick over a car. if it happens it happens. cross that bridge when i get there.
I'm not concerned with knicks and scratches, it's not a show car (at least mine isn't), it gets driven every day. It's already got its fair share of chips and scratches... I'm just worried about some @$$hole kicking a door in, or a broken window... Stuff like that.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
is that a collie looking out your car window?
Off topic I know but he's a husky!
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #22

Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
Quote:
A lot of people take pride in their cars.

I don't want others to mess with my stuff - doesn't matter if I drive a $1 million car or a $1 thousand car.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #23
LewiSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/White Stripe
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post

I don't want others to mess with my stuff - doesn't matter if I drive a $1 million car or a $1 thousand car.

I cant agree more. My previous car was a 97 Cadillac Deville just to get me to school. I took the same care of it as I do my Camaro. Its all about taking pride in the stuff you own. I learned that early as a kid. Taking a $1 truck out in the dirt and leaving it got me in just as much trouble as a $10 truck.
ARH 1-7/8" Longtubes w/cats, Borla ATAK catback, CAI Inc intake, RX inferno orange ported throttle body, RX inferno orange catch can, Hurst Shifter, JDP Motorsports heater hoses and fuel line, PFadt strut tower brace, PFadt lowering springs, PFadt Tie Rods, PFadt Trailing Arms, PFadt end links, Custom Painted interior pieces.
LewiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #24
Mr. Texas

Drives: 2016 Mosiac Black 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 880 View Post

I agree! I never use to worry, but a few weeks ago my car got keyed. I hope to get it back from the paint shop today. At night it's safe in my garage, but being a daily driver I can't keep an eye on it 24/7.
Mr. Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
Mine is kept in the garage, so I don't worry about it at night. At work, I was kind of worried about it because there are lots of lowlifes that work in my building, and I cannot see the parking lot from our office. But, I found a spot that is more secluded where no one parked, and I am parking it there. Now there are a few other cars that park there, older Saturn, Toyota Corolla (can't figure out why these need secluded parking), but they do not park next to me and have not caused damage. I try to smile and be friendly (normally unlike me) so people don't think I'm a jerk and want to do something to it.

Big worries are public parking lots. I park it a little distance away, and only take up one spot. I think that makes a difference in people thinking you are not a jerk as opposed to parking at the extreme end and taking up 2 or more spots.

I still worry about it some after all of the vandalism posts on here. But there is nothing that you can really do except try and take some precautions, and jack up your insurance coverage. Parts are all still available, so even if something does happen, it will get fixed. Not worth worrying so much you can't sleep, or are afraid to take it anywhere.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #26
02SS#214

Drives: 2002 Camaro NBM Hartop SS
Not worried about it. I have guns, dogs and if that all fails I have insurance.
02SS#214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #27
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Thats why i have a $50 deductible.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #28
kcobean
Zippy Lemon #109

Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #109
I worry more because of my plate than because it's a Camaro.

2010 SLP ZL575 #109
kcobean is offline   Reply With Quote