Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-17-2019, 07:02 AM   #1
Domangue418

Drives: 2013 camaro SS
Focal speakers

Is anything comparable to these for mids and highs. I heard some this weekend and fell in love.
Domangue418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Morel. Hybrid- Audio.

Depends. I went Morel, and love them. Very musical and clear. I have a custom 3 way setup in my car.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:41 PM   #3
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Morel Subwoofers
•Audio control LC-6.1200 6ch amp
•Audio control LC-1.1500 sub amp
•Helix DSP Pro
Leo72793 YA GOT GOOD TASTE!!!

question Domangue418 what kind of budget are you working with?
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:59 AM   #4
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
I have the Focals 165k's in one car and the JL Audio C5 650's in the other, they both are great sounding speakers and both have their strong area's. The Focal deliver awesome bright highs with tight Bass and the JL's are a warmer natural tone with very deep bass. I like both and have had several people to audition them, it's about half and half, some prefer the Focal and some prefer the JL Audio. These are apples to apples comparisons, both Zl1's with Alpine PDX F-6 Amps with the Factory 6X9's in the rear, both have the FARK wiring.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:18 AM   #5
Domangue418

Probably 1500 in November is my budget. I hate rap and loud bass. I listen to Took and Alice and Chains. Definitely want my mids and highs on point
Old 09-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Another great speaker is Dyna-audio that’s what I have !!
Scotty D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #7
lemontwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domangue418 View Post
Probably 1500 in November is my budget. I hate rap and loud bass. I listen to Took and Alice and Chains. Definitely want my mids and highs on point
the biggest improvement you can make to any car audio is the addition of a sub-woofer you don't need to bump rap to appreciate a woofer.it actually makes the mids and highs sound better when you have full sound and crossover the mids properly.i listen to everything from meggadeath,slipnot to pinkfloyd and lynyrd skynyrd.i am rocking 2 10's and a set of 6.5 inch components many people think it sounds great i have had systems for 25+years.it can be pretty bass heavy if i want it to be i'm not saying you need 2 10's but some kind of sub is defiantly something to consider.
i have been cussed out for this but you don't need the fark harness AUDIOCONTROL has you covered. if ya don't know how to install car audio and are scared of messing up take it to a pro.
i know i could do a decent set up for 1500. my radio and pac kit took up 600 off the jump,do you have the mylink? you will need to dump the factory amp that thing is horrible.if you do it yourself the factory amp wiring diagram is on here google it. if you go that route ask me and i'll try to walk you thru it or if you replace the radio lmk.

Last edited by lemontwist; 09-18-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #8
Domangue418

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
the biggest improvement you can make to any car audio is the addition of a sub-woofer you don't need to bump rap to appreciate a woofer.it actually makes the mids and highs sound better when you have full sound and crossover the mids properly.i listen to everything from meggadeath,slipnot to pinkfloyd and lynyrd skynyrd.i am rocking 2 10's and a set of 6.5 inch components many people think it sounds great i have had systems for 25+years.it can be pretty bass heavy if i want it to be i'm not saying you need 2 10's but some kind of sub is defiantly something to consider.
i have been cussed out for this but you don't need the fark harness AUDIOCONTROL has you covered. if ya don't know how to install car audio and are scared of messing up take it to a pro.
i know i could do a decent set up for 1500. my radio and pac kit took up 600 off the jump,do you have the mylink? you will need to dump the factory amp that thing is horrible.if you do it yourself the factory amp wiring diagram is on here google it. if you go that route ask me and i'll try to walk you thru it or if you replace the radio lmk.
I’m definitely not doing it myself. I will start with all components and may do a sub last. One 10 is what I’m thinking. Will sound deadening make a big difference?
Old 09-19-2019, 08:21 PM   #9
lemontwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domangue418 View Post
I’m definitely not doing it myself. I will start with all components and may do a sub last. One 10 is what I’m thinking. Will sound deadening make a big difference?
i did some in the trunk i didn't go crazy.i don't think it made a big diff.i think you will be happy with a good sub,enclosure and amp match up.
back in the day i built alot of 1 sub enclosures we called it the "1 sub club" (duh) many people were taken buy surprise at how good that can sound.i dig less is more i think the best thing i did was totally removing the rear speakers as in taken out now the bass has a way to pass thru the trunk to the cabin.i have a 2 amps total,a 2 channel amp on a set of 6.5 components with the passive crossovers they came with then my radio has them cut off at 100htz 24db slope and a sub amp i was going to do 1 12 but i had 10's laying around in a box and it fit. it's like ear candy.
i have had the USA made amps and subs for about 20 years kinda high dollar back in the day i have had them in 7 different cars.
practice safe sound
Attached Images

Last edited by lemontwist; 09-20-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:48 PM   #10
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Morel Subwoofers
•Audio control LC-6.1200 6ch amp
•Audio control LC-1.1500 sub amp
•Helix DSP Pro
Leo72793 YA GOT GOOD TASTE!!!

question Domangue418 what kind of budget are you working with?
Subs arent in yet. deciding a box style. Just got my knukonceptz distro blocks, wire and stuff so should be done in a few weeks
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:58 PM   #11
lemontwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo72793 View Post
Subs arent in yet. deciding a box style. Just got my knukonceptz distro blocks, wire and stuff so should be done in a few weeks
all my wire is knukonceptz ofc. GOOD STUFF.
not alot of room back there built a new enclosure now and i grabbed 2 cubic feet and that was a push the 12 was a nogo.i had to put it in from the back seat face down then flip it. but there are prefab's but i always build my own.

Last edited by lemontwist; 09-20-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:22 AM   #12
Domangue418

Quote:
i did some in the trunk i didn't go crazy.i don't think it made a big diff.i think you will be happy with a good sub,enclosure and amp match up.
back in the day i built alot of 1 sub enclosures we called it the "1 sub club" (duh) many people were taken buy surprise at how good that can sound.i dig less is more i think the best thing i did was totally removing the rear speakers as in taken out now the bass has a way to pass thru the trunk to the cabin.i have a 2 amps total,a 2 channel amp on a set of 6.5 components with the passive crossovers they came with then my radio has them cut off at 100htz 24db slope and a sub amp i was going to do 1 12 but i had 10's laying around in a box and it fit. it's like ear candy.
i have had the USA made amps and subs for about 20 years kinda high dollar back in the day i have had them in 7 different cars.
practice safe sound
U basically turned ur trunk into a band pass box!! 😮 very creative
Old 10-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #13
beak81champ
ILSQ

Drives: '13 2SS/RS
Audiofrog is the way to go for high end components, IMO. The absolute best customer service on the planet. I’m running the GB series 3-way front with 2-12’s upfiring through the rear deck, infinite/trunk baffle. Sound is incredible, image is centered on the front of the dash, bass will go subsonic effortlessly with 1/2 the power of any box.