Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #43
2010 IBM SS RS

Drives: 1978 Cadillac Fleetwood
No its too bad, but its in no form GM's fault. They cant control what the dealers do. But I defenantly agree its dealers who are ruining GMs great name.
Employee of the month is a good example of how somebody can be both a winner and a loser at the same time//“I think vests are all about protection. You know what I mean? Like a lifevest protects you from drowning and bulletproof vests protect you from getting shot and the sweatervest protects you from pretty girls. ‘Leave me alone. Can’t you see I’m cold just right here?’” //“I wanna make a jigsaw puzzle that’s 40,000 pieces. And when you finish it, it says ‘go outside.’”--Demetri Martin
2010 IBM SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #44
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 IBM SS RS View Post

..... but its in no form GM's fault. ......

????

you guys are brainwashed

So, GM is not responsible for the GM employees....

....franchise laws, individual dealer owners .... it is still a GM store that carries the GM trademark.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #45
2010 IBM SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
????

you guys are brainwashed

So, GM is not responsible for the GM employees....

....franchise laws, individual dealer owners .... it is still a GM store that carries the GM trademark.
Thats a good point.

oop's, I didnt really think that one through very well :(

I guess that I just feel that there's nothing GM can do to prevent future problems like this. too bad.
Employee of the month is a good example of how somebody can be both a winner and a loser at the same time//“I think vests are all about protection. You know what I mean? Like a lifevest protects you from drowning and bulletproof vests protect you from getting shot and the sweatervest protects you from pretty girls. ‘Leave me alone. Can’t you see I’m cold just right here?’” //“I wanna make a jigsaw puzzle that’s 40,000 pieces. And when you finish it, it says ‘go outside.’”--Demetri Martin
Old 05-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #46
Bell040

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 IBM SS RS View Post
Thats a good point.

oop's, I didnt really think that one through very well :(

I guess that I just feel that there's nothing GM can do to prevent future problems like this. too bad.
they can punish the dealer.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #47
R1Ecko

Drives: 2010 LS3 Camaro
GM isn't any more to blame than any other brand is. if I walk into a store and a part timer punches me in the face, that isn't the corporations fault. It's just shitty circumstance. We agreed that GM SHOULD do more to follow up on these situations, especially since they seem to be happening more and more. And they need to dedicate some serious man hours to contacting these SOB's and correcting the situation. But it IS a fact that GM cannot pull vehicles or alter allocations based on whether a dealership is "playing nice". That's where our community comes in. We can all contact the dealer and let them know that they are screwing the pooch and that everyone we know will be avoiding these dealerships. Even Oldtimer from TX got what he wanted eventually.
Big Worm Blackouts
Coming soon: Roto-Fab Intake and SLP LT's
R1Ecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #48
2010 IBM SS RS

Yea, I think they should. What do you think they should do as a punishment?
Old 05-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #49
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Ecko View Post
GM isn't any more to blame than any other brand is. if I walk into a store and a part timer punches me in the face, that isn't the corporations fault. It's just shitty circumstance. We agreed that GM SHOULD do more to follow up on these situations, especially since they seem to be happening more and more. And they need to dedicate some serious man hours to contacting these SOB's and correcting the situation. But it IS a fact that GM cannot pull vehicles or alter allocations based on whether a dealership is "playing nice". That's where our community comes in. We can all contact the dealer and let them know that they are screwing the pooch and that everyone we know will be avoiding these dealerships. Even Oldtimer from TX got what he wanted eventually.
Remember that it's pretty easy to say that for us, but what about the people who aren't particularly dying to buy the Camaro (or any particular car)?

Someone sees the insane price and leaves, which screws GM.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #50
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
I will tell you that GM does not take lightly the fact that a dealer does not deliver a sold order to the name that a car was ordered for. They will take that dealer's sold order privileges away if found they are abusing the system for their own gain.

If the OP doesn't stand up for himself, well that's that. You get screwed and let someone get away with it? Shame on you.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #51
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Sometimes we wonder how GM can be in trouble, then we read this garbage. i hope to heck when GM is looking at which dealers to close in the next few years they look at stuff like this.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #52
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
I will tell you that GM does not take lightly the fact that a dealer does not deliver a sold order to the name that a car was ordered for. They will take that dealer's sold order privileges away if found they are abusing the system for their own gain.

If the OP doesn't stand up for himself, well that's that. You get screwed and let someone get away with it? Shame on you.
I like how it becomes the customers job to work as hard as possible to give GM money.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #53
Bell040

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
I like how it becomes the customers job to work as hard as possible to give GM money.
Yes, you would think that when a GM employee reads this... he forwards this to a "head honcho".... who then trys to stop the bleeding.

So, ... the customer who is being screwed.... needs to spend even more time trying to work this whole mess out....

GM should work it out without any effort on the OP's part.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #54
Dukeboy01

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS; 2001 Silverado
The dealership experience, particularly when dealing with the domestic manufacturers, is the absolute worst part of buying a car. While it may not directly be GM's fault, there is something to it. Call it a culture of douchebaggery infecting domestic dealerships, but the only completely positive experience I've had buying a new car was when I bought my wife's Honda Odyssey. The other cars that I have bought, both new and used, have been from GM dealerships of one kind or another. After every one of those experiences I felt at least slightly irritated and a couple of times I was completely pissed off. There was always at least one attempt to hard sell me on something I didn't want or need.
Dukeboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #55
Bell040

This thread pisses me off too bad... I am going to have to try and forget that it exists
Old 05-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #56
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
I just don't understand why this isn't on the news yet. I'd have a few tvs cams and a few newspaper reporters all over that place. THERE is your quick fix. Complain to the corp AFTER your issue is resolved in order to punish the dlr. I'd rather see you on TV smiling with a new Camaro than see this dealer lose his sold order process (although I'd prefer both).

Get it done. News crew. BIG fuss. Period.
NotAnInsider is offline   Reply With Quote