Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-17-2018, 05:57 PM   #1
Ashn_G_1LE

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Under carriage liner/cover

Hey guys! Does anyone know the part number for the under carriage liner/cover. I put my vin in my system and I can’t seem to find the part number. Let me know if you guys know. Pic attached
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2018, 06:43 PM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
23188146 for the current ZL1 belly pan as shown in your picture (there's also a discontinued ZL1 one, and also a current Z28 one which is slightly different - not sure of its part number).
11570215 for the fancy nuts that push into the frame (11 total required).
11610055 for the bolts for said fancy nuts (11 required).

Edit: I believe the nuts and bolts are m6-1.0; bolts are 25mm long.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
Ashn_G_1LE

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Is there a liner for the SS? It’s kinda strange to me it would just be wide open like that? If not, will this fit on a 1le?
Old 12-17-2018, 07:21 PM   #4
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
The SS and 1LE did not come with a belly pan. Just the ZL1 and Z/28
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #5
KillboyPowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashn_G_1LE View Post
Is there a liner for the SS? It’s kinda strange to me it would just be wide open like that? If not, will this fit on a 1le?
What year is your Camaro? I believe all 2012+ models have the holes in the frame required for the fancy nuts; if not you would have to put the belly pan in place and drill out each hole. The ZL1 (and Z28) belly pans will fit any model as they all use the same frame/subframe.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
Old 12-17-2018, 07:51 PM   #6
KillboyPowerhead

On second thought, it may not be as easy as drilling into the frame - I just grabbed my nuts and they're rectangular, made for rectangular holes in the frame. I purchased the belly pan, nuts and bolts but haven't actually installed it yet. I do have the rectangular holes in the frame (2014 V6). With that said, the subframe is probably thick enough to thread a hole, so you could go that route if needed.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:04 PM   #7
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Your gonna need more than just that, there are three parts that tie into the front splitter so you'll need one of those and a front facia to connect it all to.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:57 AM   #8
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
I looked at doing this but decided against it, it should have come with one from the factory.
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:31 AM   #9
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Agreed, SS should have came with one from the factory. All the newer cars have them. My buddy and I were shocked when we looked under for the first time.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #10
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
I wonder what it weighs...
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #11
GRNFLSH

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
I’ve added the Z28 belly pan on my 2015 SS. I’m guessing the pan is about 3lb, and another 1lb in hardware. I recommend buying the 11 inserts and bolts, makes it easy to remove when doing work or for oil changes. I can’t imagine the time and drill bits you’d go through trying to drill the frame.
BTR .660 springs, Straub solid bushing trunions
GPI rod-mod intake with I-M heat sheild
Circle D 258mm Pro single disc 3700 rpm stall converter
169F thermostat & manual fan switch
Tuned by Ryno at GPI - 455 RWHP / 416 lb-ft
GRNFLSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #12
KillboyPowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Your gonna need more than just that, there are three parts that tie into the front splitter so you'll need one of those and a front facia to connect it all to.
Could be wrong, but if the three holes at the front of the belly pan don't line up with the holes/clips that hold on the bumper you can just drill them out. Here is a thread with some good pictures: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...=384030&page=2. I have the belly pan which I intend to install on my 2014 V6 although I won't get around to it until it warms up a bit, so I can't say much about this install from personal experience.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:35 PM   #13
GRNFLSH

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
I’ve slept since installing it but if my memory is correct the clips on the front of the pan didn’t line up perfect, I used a drill to open up the holes in the rubber lip that attaches at the edge of the bumper cover/splitter.
BTR .660 springs, Straub solid bushing trunions
GPI rod-mod intake with I-M heat sheild
Circle D 258mm Pro single disc 3700 rpm stall converter
169F thermostat & manual fan switch
Tuned by Ryno at GPI - 455 RWHP / 416 lb-ft
GRNFLSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #14
KillboyPowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNFLSH View Post
I’ve slept since installing it but if my memory is correct the clips on the front of the pan didn’t line up perfect, I used a drill to open up the holes in the rubber lip that attaches at the edge of the bumper cover/splitter.
Thanks. That's what I figured was all that was needed to fit it in there, based on the pictures/threads I saw.