Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #5839
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Factory slicks!
Hmmmm I hope it doesn't rain.....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #5840
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Jim Farley, Ford's marketing chief on GM...

Quote:
“I hate them and their company and what they stand for. And I hate the way they’re succeeding. Ford is back because people trust us. And that is a powerful message. I’m a car guy. I wake up each morning thinking about cars. Watch out. We’re only going to get better.”
What's wrong? Pissed that we still lead you in sales even after the events of June 2009? Pissed that GM has lead every company you've worked for in sales despite your futile efforts?

Sore loser.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #5841
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

What's wrong? Pissed that we still lead you in sales even after the events of June 2009? Pissed that GM has lead every company you've worked for in sales despite your futile efforts?

Sore loser.

You crack me up Fen!
Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #5842
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Sore loser.
Wow, Jim Farley is in serious need of a quaalude !!
Old 07-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #5843
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Factory slicks!
on a Sonic? Might as well part out a small steam-roller....

Patrons of Shno's house of Z....I have an earth-shattering confession to make (not really earth-shattering at all, actually...). I'm going to pass on the ZL1....

A lot of factors led to this decision...but as I'm falling asleep at night and think about it - I know it's the right one. I'll still be following the development of the car as close as ever. And I'll be super-excited when it comes out and all you lucky ducks get behind the wheel!

But this moderator's Camaro will say "THR SS" on it.......

I felt like I owed at least this group a little explanation as to the signature change...
Old 07-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #5844
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Patrons of Shno's house of Z....I have an earth-shattering confession to make (not really earth-shattering at all, actually...). I'm going to pass on the ZL1....

A lot of factors led to this decision...but as I'm falling asleep at night and think about it - I know it's the right one. I'll still be following the development of the car as close as ever. And I'll be super-excited when it comes out and all you lucky ducks get behind the wheel!

I felt like I owed at least this group a little explanation as to the signature change...
When does Sir Dragoneye get this THR SS?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #5845
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

Sooooo, you think you can just come in here with a "A lot of factors led to this decision................." and not tell us what those were? You know better. Spill it.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #5846
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

Hmm, OK.

Everybody should chase his dream. Nobody should try to tell anyone else what to dream.

I just wonder what Tom Henry has going on that makes your decision, Dragoneye.

At least the things near the top of the list, if you don't mind sharing.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #5847
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:

...wow, I know how much you looked forward to the coming of this car. You supported the ZL1 with much passion. I know you still do. Life gets in the way and things change. Sometimes by choice, sometimes not. I hope yours was by choice. Carry on bro.....
Old 07-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #5848
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:

SWEET!!! Keep us posted!!! I think my wifey believes my passion doesn't make sense, but she doesn't dismiss it. I might go with SS and chase after ZL1s, but, like you, would be just as excited for the ZL1 guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Sooooo, you think you can just come in here with a "A lot of factors led to this decision................." and not tell us what those were? You know better. Spill it.
Don't come into our place of Zen and make waves with no information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

Hmm, OK.

Everybody should chase his dream. Nobody should try to tell anyone else what to dream.

THR 02 and THR22 are two cars that I know of that are kick @$$!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #5849
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
earth-shattering ...

My WOOSAH wavered.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #5850
ShnOmac

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post

What they said......

Old 07-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #5851
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
THR certainly does verrrrrry nice work.

GTA and Tag have wonderful Camaros and both, by all reports, are wayyyyy satisfied.

Hmmmmmmmm moderators all seem to be driving THR Camaros.................................moderator discount perhaps?

But we'll wait for his words of conversion.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #5852
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
When does Sir Dragoneye get this THR SS?
If all goes well, early next year, right around my birthday in March/April.

Quote:

My WOOSAH wavered.
Noooooo!!!!!!

Quote:
Quote:

Hmm, OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
SWEET!!! Keep us posted!!! I think my wifey believes my passion doesn't make sense, but she doesn't dismiss it. I might go with SS and chase after ZL1s, but, like you, would be just as excited for the ZL1 guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
What they said......
Okay...all this peer pressure. ......

It's tough to condense the "long version" down enough to make any sense...so....here's the long version.

Feel free to jump down to the blue at the end if you don't care to read my long-ish "story".

Let's start at the beginning, in 2002 when I was a naive little kid and learned that the cool car in my Dad's garage was a Chevy Camaro. As toddlers we used to call that the "vroom-vroom car", because idling she'll gently shudder back and forth and the sounds that came from the exhaust was pure music...fond memories...

What made this car special? Well...it was old, but still looked new. It didn't look like any of the cars on the road, either. It sounded amazing, it felt amazing. Daddy loved it. Mommy smiled when we took little trips in it. Everyone in the family knew about it, and many asked to see it when they visited.

Fast forward to when I turned 16 and started dreaming of my own "cool car". At the time, the Dodge Charger had just come out, and was the most aggressive-looking new car on the road. But...life smacked me in the face and I realized I had no money! Ha!

Then, as I was browsing the internet, learning what I could about cars. I came across a picture of the Concept Camaro Coupe. It was just released, and my jaw dropped. That, was bar-none the most beautiful car I'd ever seen. Ever! I read about it's 400 hp and 30mpg (old system estimates), I saw the gorgeous interior. Watched videos of the concept rolling around Michigan making that sweet music. I began to work real hard for some $$...

And then I found Camaro5.com. It was still a small site. Barely 400 registered members. One day I got up the nerve to join myself, and I became Camaro5'er #482. Within 6 months or so, TAG UR IT asked if I'd like to become a moderator - and of course I said yes!

Development pictures leaked. Mule pictures leaked. I made many good friends. And we all had a fun time jumping all over these pictures trying to figure out what the car was going to look like. The panic du'jours ensued, the headlights weren't real...Shunt was kidnapped...Then March rolled around and they told us the car was delayed a month. April came, and tens of thousands of people learned what the term "Permagrin" meant!

All throughout this process I became more and more fanatic about the Camaro. Knowing members of the Camaro team, plus everyone and all we've been through on this site have made it almost a happy obligation to get a car! It really is the perfect car. The only problem was I would be lucky to get a LT model. Which was fine, but I really wanted more. I worked harder.

As it turned out, I caught some lucky breaks through college, coming out the other end with not a dime in loans or debts. Now an SS was possible.

Then those poo-faces () at Chevy decide to start letting the 'Z28' name slip, and later on, they officially announced the ZL1 and told us when it'll be built. So I decided to wait and see what comes of this new thread to Mustangs worldwide...

This is where you have to understand that when I see my Dad's Z28 sitting in the garage, I see the fastest, most expensive and prestigious Camaro built that year. The equivalent would be the ZL1, and I really wanted to mirror my father's footsteps for sentimental reasons. If I waited longer, and saved more money - I could do it.

I realized just recently, though, that I don't need or want all that performance. There was a time when I would have been happy with a 2006 V6 Charger for heaven's sake!! So I did some more deep thinking...the date is coming close now. It's only 7-8 months away, after all...I could afford a ZL1 up to around 55k. Which about covers what most of us think it'll cost. But, in order to do so, I'd have to put myself into a precarious financial position. While on the "ZL1 high" I was on, I felt it was worth it.

Scarrzz, you said we should all chase our dreams. But at one point does a dream become a nightmare? I'd have to live and work just to drive the car, and then it won't be worth it anymore. It won't be fun, and I can easily see the purchase becoming a regret. An SS with some new mufflers is all I need.

Tom and I were chatting, and he mentioned a pretty well-rounded THR package to me that included an intake, full exhaust and a tune which puts out around 475bhp. That, with some painted stripes and the '12 FE4 suspension work together to form a very well-rounded Camaro. In fact, the power/weight ratio of that setup comes awfully close to the CTS-V (not that I pretend to be able to beat one in a race)...

So, tentatively, that's the plan. It's 100x more manageable financially, and I still get very excited just thinking about it. I'll keep everyone updated as time goes on. I can't believe I've waited this long, and it's finally coming down to the wire.

Quote:
THR certainly does verrrrrry nice work.

GTA and Tag have wonderful Camaros and both, by all reports, are wayyyyy satisfied.

Hmmmmmmmm moderators all seem to be driving THR Camaros.................................moderator discount perhaps?

But we'll wait for his words of conversion.
Moderator Discount??!?!!

No, just a promise I made a long time ago, plus the means to follow through. Everyone I know who's been through his shop is happy, and Tom's an A-class guy all the way. I'd gladly wear his windshield banner.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014