Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #15
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
I purchased my kit recently but haven't received the tune yet. I'm worried that this may happen to me now. I wonder if the fuel lines with the 90 degree elbows might be a bit too restrictive or something. I also read on a different forum that the injector duty cycle might have something to do with pressure issues. Not sure. That would be something within the tune that would need to be looked at. Lastly, Jc_Sourpatch appears to have a 2014, yours is a 2015, and so is mine. Maybe there is a different fuel pump in the tank or something compared to the 2013?
Old 09-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #16
Pvppi

Drives: 2015 Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
I purchased my kit recently but haven't received the tune yet. I'm worried that this may happen to me now. I wonder if the fuel lines with the 90 degree elbows might be a bit too restrictive or something. I also read on a different forum that the injector duty cycle might have something to do with pressure issues. Not sure. That would be something within the tune that would need to be looked at. Lastly, Jc_Sourpatch appears to have a 2014, yours is a 2015, and so is mine. Maybe there is a different fuel pump in the tank or something compared to the 2013?
When i got My kit it no longer came with the elbows but rather a coupler that connects to existing fuel line. I checked For leakage but no leaks. Today i went back to 91 gas while i wait For Will’s respond regarding this issue.
Pvppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #17
Jazzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvppi View Post
When i got My kit it no longer came with the elbows but rather a coupler that connects to existing fuel line. I checked For leakage but no leaks. Today i went back to 91 gas while i wait For Will’s respond regarding this issue.
Is your Stablitrak problem also only occuring with mixtures at 65% or greater?
Old 09-26-2018, 03:28 PM   #18
Pvppi

Drives: 2015 Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
Is your Stablitrak problem also only occuring with mixtures at 65% or greater?
Yes, because my first fill up contained a little less of a quarter of 91 so my percentage was at 59% my second fill no longer contained 91 so the percentage was at 78% and then the stabilitrak problems started occurring.
Pvppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:50 PM   #19
Jazzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvppi View Post
Yes, because my first fill up contained a little less of a quarter of 91 so my percentage was at 59% my second fill no longer contained 91 so the percentage was at 78% and then the stabilitrak problems started occurring.
Well Jc_Sourpatch changed out his high pressure pump without any improvement. Maybe its the one in the tank that can't keep up with the volume. It would be interesting to see if the tank pump model changed with the 2014 models.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #20
Jc_SourPatch

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro RS
I’m going to have my injectors cleaned and I’ve noticed if I put a fuel cleaner in the tank with e-85 no code will has told me the tune is perfectly fine. Maybe the cleaner is dissolving something in the table and when it’s not in there it gets clogged again idk. This problem is getting annoying. But to have the tank dropped it pretty penny and a pain
Jc_SourPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:42 PM   #21
Jc_SourPatch

Also another note is the code only comes in the lower rpm limit and never while WOT OR under hard acceleration
Old 10-28-2018, 07:28 PM   #22
Jazzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc_SourPatch View Post
Also another note is the code only comes in the lower rpm limit and never while WOT OR under hard acceleration
Thats weird.

The injector cleaner could also be thickening up the liquid enough so that the sensor is happy. Maybe your fuel pressure sensor is a little out of calibration and is reading a little low. Does this still happen with ethanol at 65% or greater, or have the percentages changed over time?
Old 10-29-2018, 08:44 AM   #23
Jc_SourPatch

Only happens with 65 percent and over and never on gas that is the part that is getting me
Old 11-13-2018, 12:01 AM   #24
Jc_SourPatch

So I recently changed my oil and filter and have not had a problem so far and I’m on my 6 tank of e-85 with no fuel additives. Also my oil level wasn’t low before, so my opinion so far is since the high pressure fuel pump is being ran hard for e-85 dirty oil that is fine for gas may be running to thin to keep up with the demand for e-85