Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
DonRobII

Drives: White 2018 Chevrolet Camaro LT
Hankook Ventus ST RH06 winter conditions??

Wassup guys! Has anyone run the Hankook Ventus ST RH06 in winter conditions? If so how did they perform? We deal more ice than snow here in TX when we do get the winter mix, so I am curious. I would be running these on a 2010 SS. I appreciate the feedback if anyone can help.

DonRobII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #2
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I have them on mine and I'm up in North Dakota, but I don't drive my Camaro in the winter. They're performance tires, so I don't see them doing too well in over 2 inches of snow.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:44 AM   #3
DonRobII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I have them on mine and I'm up in North Dakota, but I don't drive my Camaro in the winter. They're performance tires, so I don't see them doing too well in over 2 inches of snow.
Ok, I was getting mixed reviews on winter performance while researching them on one specific site, and did not know who to trust. This would be my first experience with performance tires and needed some help. Thank you very much for your response!
Old 10-09-2018, 01:13 AM   #4
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I use continental extremecontact DSW06 tires and they are good all around tires. They work well in the rain and snow (I say snow lightly because TN doesn’t get more then a couple inches). I’ve had them for several years and I really like them.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:09 PM   #5
DonRobII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
I use continental extremecontact DSW06 tires and they are good all around tires. They work well in the rain and snow (I say snow lightly because TN doesn’t get more then a couple inches). I’ve had them for several years and I really like them.
Ok. I appreciate the recommendation. I will definitely check those out. I know Continental is a great brand.