Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
40again

Drives: 2011 LS V6 6spd manual Victory Red
Sequential Tail Light Issue

I installed the WebElectric sequential tail lights which look really cool when they work. However, after a few weeks the DIC showed a left rear tail light out. When I checked the issue and removed the WebElectric module the tail light worked just fine.

I sent the module (actually both to make sure) back to the manuf. to see what was up. They sent me two new modules which I installed and had no problem until....

Last week I had the same issue on the right side and agained returned both modules to the manuf. and asked for a refund.

Lawrence of WebElectric has been great to deal with but I can't imagine that it is anything in my car that is causing the problem.

Just curious if I am the only one having this issue since WebElectric gave me the impression that it must be my car vs. their product.

Thanks,
40AGAIN
40again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
MMX RS

Drives: MMX Camaro 2LT RS
I have the same wire harness. Two weeks in, no problems yet.
I'll be sure to post here if I have any.
MRT v2 Axle-back Exhaust
VMax Spiral-ported TB; VMax Ice-olator
Vitesse Throttle Controller
RX Catch-Can RJT
Eibach Sway Bars
AAC Plasma LED DRLs; Sequential Turn Signals
Black Gill Inserts; Red-swapped Door and Dash ABL
MMX RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I have had it in my car for about a year and a half, its happened a few times, all I have done is turned the turn signal on again and it resets and continues to work like a champ.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
40again

Drives: 2011 LS V6 6spd manual Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I have had it in my car for about a year and a half, its happened a few times, all I have done is turned the turn signal on again and it resets and continues to work like a champ.
I tried that with my issue and it didn't cure the problem. Not sure what's up on my end although again I can't see it being a Camaro issue....
40again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:04 AM   #5
mbrusco103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) 427 Twin Turbo
I get that from time to time.. but after i turn the left turn signal on and off it goes away. if it doesn't go away i would call them and get a new set.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS ERL 427 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo 55/57 .83ar | ERL 427ci | Squash Fuel System | Stainless Works Chambered 3" | Mcleod RXT | Factory Hurst Short Throw | Black Forgestar F14s | CTS V 6 Piston Brembo | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
I ordered mine from Chase at Ampex. They were a bitch to install (bezels), but have been installed about 3 months now with no problems. I get lots of positive comments from other Camaro guys but only a few step up and order. Some say the are too expensive. They are sooooo cool that the price becomes a non issue. It's a gotta have mod.

These are the entire taillight replacement LEDs.

Last edited by carguy50; 03-17-2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: more info
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote