Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
2BlackSS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
LOONG time Mustang owner has been converted.

If this is in the wrong place, so bet it, but yes, it is true. After 7 Mustangs in about 6 years ('96, '01GT, '03 Mach1, '01GT, '05GT, '06GT, '10GT), I have converted to the Camaro side, and I must say, the grass is greener, greener indeed. The car is a thing of beauty. The LS3 doesnt sound as if it is going to rattle apart with every rev, the transmission requires finesse, the styling is basically unparalleled, I could go on. Picked up a Black 2SS M6 with Inferno Orange interior. Got a quote on a muffler delete this afternoon. Can't wait to here her without the silencers. I have to admit, after being a Mustang guru, it feels strange to be a noob.
2BlackSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
The 5th Gen is a work of art--They really hit it out of the park on this one

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BlackSS View Post
If this is in the wrong place, so bet it, but yes, it is true. After 7 Mustangs in about 6 years ('96, '01GT, '03 Mach1, '01GT, '05GT, '06GT, '10GT), I have converted to the Camaro side, and I must say, the grass is greener, greener indeed. The car is a thing of beauty. The LS3 doesnt sound as if it is going to rattle apart with every rev, the transmission requires finesse, the styling is basically unparalleled, I could go on. Picked up a Black 2SS M6 with Inferno Orange interior. Got a quote on a muffler delete this afternoon. Can't wait to here her without the silencers. I have to admit, after being a Mustang guru, it feels strange to be a noob.
What a shame and right before they bring out the best GT ever. I hope you don't regret it. LOL
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
What a shame and right before they bring out the best GT ever. I hope you don't regret it. LOL

I doubt he will. Put a couple of bolt on's on the SS and the 2011 Mustang GT will be seeing tail lights. The LS3 will respond to mods much more so than the 5.0.

BTW - I own both a '10 Mustang GT and '10 Camaro SS.

Oh and grats!
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
hair10

Drives: 2SS - Transformer Edition

Welcome aboard!

And oh yeah...

hair10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Oh yeah!!! Welcome to C5!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
I doubt he will. Put a couple of bolt on'son the SS and the 2011 Mustang GT will be seeing tail lights. The LS3 will respond to mods much more so than the 5.0.

BTW - I own both a '10 Mustang GT and '10 Camaro SS.
Why do you need bolton's to beat it? I could care less about what bolton's do for a car. To me the only true measure of how the manufacture built the car to perform is to run them without bolt on's. We could talk about the after market all day long.
That just comes down to how much money you want to spend to win. That's why I have a 2SS camaro and a 2010GT500 they are the best of both makes.
I was just saying. If he is a mustang guy, I could see him kicking himself later for not waiting for the 5.0L to come out as it looks like at this point that it will run with the camaro. Either the camaro or the mustang gt is a great car I hope you enjoy. I like them both in different ways.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Why do you need bolton's to beat it? I could care less about what bolton's do for a car. To me the only true measure of how the manufacture built the car to perform is to run them without bolt on's. We could talk about the after market all day long.
That just comes down to how much money you want to spend to win. That's why I have a 2SS camaro and a 2010GT500 they are the best of both makes.
I was just saying. If he is a mustang guy, I could see him kicking himself later for not waiting for the 5.0L to come out as it looks like at this point that it will run with the camaro. Either the camaro or the mustang gt is a great car I hope you enjoy. I like them both in different ways.
Gotcha. Reason I mentioned bolt-on's is I believe the 2011 Mustang GT will be quicker than the SS stock for stock however the SS will respond much better with bolt-on's.

Hope that makes sense.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
2BlackSS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
Ha, funny you mention the 5.0L as that press release is ultimately what made my decision. I'd stayed faithful to the wee underpowered modular engine for a very long time (aside from my Mach 1 which I never wanted to dispose of), lo and behold I buy a 2010 GT and a month later they announce that the coyote ACTUALLY exists, and was not just another rumor. I finally decided to stop playing catch up. The '05 mustang wa a step in the right direction, and the '10 is nice and all, but it cant compete with this machine. Plus, the cars really do respond to bolt-ons in dramatic fashion. I'd love to have a GT500 parked next to her anyday.

The 5.0L will pay great great respect to the classic Mach 1 and GT350/500 cars of old. It was about time. God willing i'll own both eventually. If I decide to go sailing I can buy a Challenger and bring 20 passengers.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Damn you go through cars.

Hope you enjoy your Camaro.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #11
coolman

Quote:
Ha, funny you mention the 5.0L as that press release is ultimately what made my decision. I'd stayed faithful to the wee underpowered modular engine for a very long time (aside from my Mach 1 which I never wanted to dispose of), lo and behold I buy a 2010 GT and a month later they announce that the coyote ACTUALLY exists, and was not just another rumor. I finally decided to stop playing catch up. The '05 mustang wa a step in the right direction, and the '10 is nice and all, but it cant compete with this machine. Plus, the cars really do respond to bolt-ons in dramatic fashion. I'd love to have a GT500 parked next to her anyday.

The 5.0L will pay great great respect to the classic Mach 1 and GT350/500 cars of old. It was about time. God willing i'll own both eventually. If I decide to go sailing I can buy a Challenger and bring 20 passengers.
Yeah, I think I see where your coming from. I believe you'll love the camaro just the same. Have fun with it and enjoy.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:29 PM   #12
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It's good to have you. We'll teach you everything we know. Start by checking out the Wiki.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Good move and welcome.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #14
Mrbowtie26

Drives: 2015 CRT 1SS 1LE
I need to get into another type of work lol all these people with multiple cars... Welcome to the site !!! congrats on your new Camaro !!!
Mrbowtie26 is offline   Reply With Quote