Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-05-2018, 10:35 PM   #799
The_DarkKnight

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Well, since we are all bored...

That is ridiculous!! I never caught that the directional wheels are going in different directions on each side of the vehicle. I'm sorry, but that is just plain dumb. I have a thing about symmetry and this would totally jack me up. Especially on the Audi. For that kind of money, I'd expect that they would make a left and right side so that the wheels point the same way.
remove some spokes to leave just 4 and you have a swastiska
The_DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #800
The_DarkKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
Because I want the next one too..? While not selling like crazy, your car is far from rare.

Your car isn't a collectors item, nor will it hold its value.
this is the truth!
The_DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:53 AM   #801
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Well, since we are all bored...

That is ridiculous!! I never caught that the directional wheels are going in different directions on each side of the vehicle. I'm sorry, but that is just plain dumb. I have a thing about symmetry and this would totally jack me up. Especially on the Audi. For that kind of money, I'd expect that they would make a left and right side so that the wheels point the same way.
Come on, don't you get it? On one side the car is accelerating so fast the G force is leaving part of the wheels behind and on the other side it is stopping so fast the G force is causing the wheels to split apart.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:07 AM   #802
4THGEN Z
Don't think so...

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28
C4 corvettes had actual left and right directional wheels.

Name:  c4wheels.JPG
Views: 653
Size:  23.0 KB
Old 03-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #803
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
Man this thread was off the rails for a while. Surprised the Supra reveal wasn't brought up and discussed at length

All joking aside, I'm hoping some news breaks soon. I'm interested to see what they do for the refresh, and I generally have the patience of a hungry 2 year old.

I also hope they don't do directional wheels, unless they have left and right like the C4 Corvette, as 4THGEN Z mentioned. Judging from the 50th wheels, I probably won't get my wish. Those were subtle enough to not be quite as noticeable though, I guess.
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:03 AM   #804
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K16SummitSS View Post
Man this thread was off the rails for a while. Surprised the Supra reveal wasn't brought up and discussed at length

All joking aside, I'm hoping some news breaks soon. I'm interested to see what they do for the refresh, and I generally have the patience of a hungry 2 year old.

I also hope they don't do directional wheels, unless they have left and right like the C4 Corvette, as 4THGEN Z mentioned. Judging from the 50th wheels, I probably won't get my wish. Those were subtle enough to not be quite as noticeable though, I guess.
Wait for the 2019 1LE and you won't have to worry about it. Lol
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:04 AM   #805
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Come on, don't you get it? On one side the car is accelerating so fast the G force is leaving part of the wheels behind and on the other side it is stopping so fast the G force is causing the wheels to split apart.
Right! Lol
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #806
cskipgo

Drives: 2019 2SS A10 Shadow Gray
So is everyone still thinking unveil around the New York Auto Show?
cskipgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:14 PM   #807
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by cskipgo View Post
Yeah that's pretty much the last straw for a big reveal if production starts this summer
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:32 PM   #808
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
I had been thinking NYIAS, but now I’m changing my mind. GM typically does one big reveal per show, two if they’re important enough AND different brands. I’m thinking Cadillac XT4 and Chevrolet Blazer, both brand new SUVs in an SUV crazy market, are higher priority than a Camaro mild upgrade in a down market for sports cars. If both are revealed at NYIAS, then Camaro is out. Then it would have to be off-circuit, because the next major show in the US will be LA in November. 2019 models will already be on the lots by then. Maybe another Belle Isle event, like the launch of 6th Gen. Maybe even in conjunction with the Detroit Grand Prix, which takes place on Belle Isle in June.

Now that I think of it, our Camaro Club has been offered Camaro Corral parking on the island during the Grand Prix....hmmmm
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #809
JefemanG

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Part of the problem might be that Millennials (this isn't a slam of them) seem to not be as interested in performance vehicles as previous generations. Add to that the insane debt they leave college with nowadays and their inclination to live with their parents longer, it just isn't a recipe for this type of vehicle to sell well at the high price level with the younger generation.

I'm at the point in my life that I have left pony cars behind for a performance sedan with 4 doors for hauling my kids as a daily driver. I'd love a 6th gen ZL1 or 1LE to replace my 69 Mustang as a toy, but new, the 6th gens are too high priced for me right now too justify with more important priorities in my life. I have no interest in the 4 nor 6 cylinder cars as a second car to toy around with. The 2016 SS's are now in the mid to high 20's, which is doable. But for people like me in this stage of life (my other car friends are in similar situations), a ~$40k toy is just too much, especially knowing that it'll lose $15-20k of its value in a few years.
Funny you bring that up, since this is basically word-for-word the write-up I gave in another thread about why many people in my gen are just not after performance cars. Even down to you having to take the family into consideration haha.

I notice that a lot of us looking at performance cars fresh out of school are all in business, engineering, or some form of med school and can actually afford one out of college. It's pretty hard for the rest, especially if they're already saddled with $30k+ of debt and aren't making much money at all...

Quote:
It's either gonna be the refresh or the new Blazer. Curious to see which.
JefemanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #810
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I had been thinking NYIAS, but now I’m changing my mind. GM typically does one big reveal per show, two if they’re important enough AND different brands. I’m thinking Cadillac XT4 and Chevrolet Blazer, both brand new SUVs in an SUV crazy market, are higher priority than a Camaro mild upgrade in a down market for sports cars. If both are revealed at NYIAS, then Camaro is out. Then it would have to be off-circuit, because the next major show in the US will be LA in November. 2019 models will already be on the lots by then. Maybe another Belle Isle event, like the launch of 6th Gen. Maybe even in conjunction with the Detroit Grand Prix, which takes place on Belle Isle in June.

Now that I think of it, our Camaro Club has been offered Camaro Corral parking on the island during the Grand Prix....hmmmm
I was thinking if not NYIAS it may be Talladega weekend ,but Belle Isle makes more sense , safe to say the reveal will happen between march 30th and june 3rd.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #811
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

I saw a camouflaged 6th Gen on the 80 traveling West just West of Roseville, Ca today.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:47 PM   #812
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Saw a camouflaged SS yesterday here in Michigan. There was camo on front fascia and rear. I noticed taillights that look like the 5th gen refresh and are wider. Although they probably aren't the refresh taillights.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote