Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #15
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
thank you!

this helped me alot so thank you for taking the time to explain
Old 12-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #16
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Just what I needed to know. Thanks!
copper3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #17
jeffsuch
revjeff

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Well done
jeffsuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #18
Shadow Camaro

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
So how do you tell the offset of a rim. im looking at a set of rims that are 18x8.5. is 8.5 the offset? if so, with that offset, will the wheels be closer to the fender than 7.5 would be?

Rotofab CAI, SW LT Headers and High Flow Cats, SW Cat-Back, Eibach Pro rear wheel spacers, SS Grill Insert, Street Scene Front Splitter, Blacked out rear emblem, blacked out bezels, plasti-dipped lower bumper, plasti-dipped rims with yellow pinstriping, dyed interior stitching yellow, 2x Kicker CVR 12's w/ 1200 watt kicker amp. MORE TO COME!
Shadow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #19
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Camaro View Post
So how do you tell the offset of a rim. im looking at a set of rims that are 18x8.5. is 8.5 the offset? if so, with that offset, will the wheels be closer to the fender than 7.5 would be?
NO, the 8.5 is the WIDTH of the wheel, not the offset. you need more information. are you looking at wheels at a shop or in a catalog, or some that an individual has? to truely answer you question, you need to supply us with some more info. if you are talking to a shop or wheel supplier....ask them what the offset or backspacing is.....and if they can't tell you, stay away from them.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #20
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I would like to know what 18" vette wheel will fit on the rear of the SS.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #21
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
I would like to know what 18" vette wheel will fit on the rear of the SS.

Factory Corvette wheels won't. They are the wrong bolt pattern and wrong offset. There are some aftermarket companies that makes reproductions though which is about the only way you can get some Z06 style wheels that will fit correctly.

use this....
Old 01-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #22
Shadow Camaro

Drives: Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
so do you youthink discount tires direct is a trustworthy company? When i tryped in 2011 camaro ls they automatically knew that they came stock with the 18" rims with TPMS. So that leads me to believe they know their stuff. idk. im new to this.

Rotofab CAI, SW LT Headers and High Flow Cats, SW Cat-Back, Eibach Pro rear wheel spacers, SS Grill Insert, Street Scene Front Splitter, Blacked out rear emblem, blacked out bezels, plasti-dipped lower bumper, plasti-dipped rims with yellow pinstriping, dyed interior stitching yellow, 2x Kicker CVR 12's w/ 1200 watt kicker amp. MORE TO COME!
Shadow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #23
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
so do you youthink discount tires direct is a trustworthy company? When i tryped in 2011 camaro ls they automatically knew that they came stock with the 18" rims with TPMS. So that leads me to believe they know their stuff. idk. im new to this.
They are definitely a trustworthy company! When you input your vehicle, they will only show the wheels that will fit your vehicle. I've purchased wheels from them in the past and have recently ordered some! :emoticon7:
Tirerack.com, our sponsor for this site, also has a large selection of wheels for the Camaro!
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #24
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
yes, if you use their data base....the wheels they have on their site will fit.....they guarantee it.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #25
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Im looking at a set of rims (20" x 8.5") for my upcoming 2SS that come in either a +15 or +40 offset, im concerned with the brake clearance, am I correct to.assume (based off the above.formulas) the +15 offset will give me the backspace needed to clear the Brembos?
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #26
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Im looking at a set of rims (20" x 8.5") for my upcoming 2SS that come in either a +15 or +40 offset, im concerned with the brake clearance, am I correct to.assume (based off the above.formulas) the +15 offset will give me the backspace needed to clear the Brembos?
not necessarily, it truely depends on the design of the wheel. contact the place you are thinking about buying them from, ask them specifically if they will fit your application.....and get a garrentee in writing that they will fit.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #27
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
So in general, to clear the brembro brakes is there a reliable offset number to look for...like +15 or is it all dependent on the wheel design? Seems like this kinda data should be included in the descriptions on these websites...along with the weight of the wheel
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 PM   #28
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
So in general, to clear the brembro brakes is there a reliable offset number to look for...like +15 or is it all dependent on the wheel design? Seems like this kinda data should be included in the descriptions on these websites...along with the weight of the wheel
in general, it all dependent on the wheel design. if you are looking for a specific wheel and find it on some wheel/tire website....and if they have a phone number so that you can talk to a REAL person.....start asking them very specific questions....like will that wheel fit on a SS, tell them what year, 2010 or 2011....are their wheel sets set up for staggered fitments.....and better yet, do they GARRANTEE proper fitment.