Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #701
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethgrce View Post
I guess the moral of this story is that some of us have good experiences at different dealers and some of us don't. I can't say any one is better than the other...but so far everyone at Galles & Davis has been good and done things right the first time. I don't really know what the deal is with Reliable, but the service manager asked if I had purchased mine from there and said that if I had they would not be able to the work on the car....some sort of agreement with them...I didn't ask!
I know that when I was looking to buy the Camaro...I first went to Reliable and the General Manager told me I would have to take what ever they had coming in. Wouldn't take an order. Kept trying to get me to use thier financing....I said no....I wanted to pay for the car so I wanted bottom line pricing! GMS to be exact! They said no way. Next stop Galles....we knew more about the car than the salesman there.Told him we wanted to order one...he said no way...No GMS pricing and thier price was 1500 over MSRP, take it or leave it! Last stop was Casa....they were the worst. There were three camaro's on the floor. I asked to test drive one and they said no....only if you bought them.....two people just left and three of us stayed. I asked to speak to the sales manager and they said sure thing....then this guy comes over and I tell him that I am looking a buying a Camaro and want to take the one that I am interested in out for a spin. He said you have to sign a contract first. Then I looked at the sticker on the car and noticed that the 2SS RS was market $10K above MSRP!!!!! I told him I wanted GMS pricing and he just laughed and said you pay the price thats on the car or you don't get the car! Walked away! By the time I left there 10 people walked out shaking thier heads as to how they could treat customers that way. Two weeks later I had my baby from Phoenix! I drove in there and drove by the sales manager out front and flipped him off! Made me feel good! I know it was childish...but it sure felt good. Two months later the salesman from Galles called to say they would sell me a Camaro at GMS pricing. Told him I already got one at GMS!
I know several people who have taken their car (that they ended up buying else where) in for service to the first and worst dealerships that they encountered. On purpose....just to rattle the cages of the people who caused them to go away.

And it's never for something important like an oil change or real service.....it's for a tire pressure check or something of the sorts that pays them NOTHING.

LMAO....Better solace and peace of mind for me. Perhaps one day, I'll break loose and the "birds" might fly. That's something that I woulda liked to have seen! Classic.

I'm working Saturday so that I can make my electric bill and water payment. The family thinks that shit is cool, so I'll be MIA this week.

Keep the ball rollin and BIG UPS to my Broski Andre for picking up a new member.

Shantell and her White 1SS should be showing up here soon. She's an "old friend" so make sure and give her the C5.com welcome if you see her before I do.

Peace out my Brothers and Sisters. Homework awaits!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #702
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Makes me glad I'm buying mine in Montrose Just told them what I wanted and the price came in below MSRP by about $500, no hasles or headaches, just the normal 6-8 weeks to wait for delivery but thats ok I can be patient
Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #703
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Just a friendly reminder guys and gals!

Tomorrow 7.31.10 is a SMS Track day for those who would like to go out and run the cars at the track.

$20 gets you 4 hours, all the coffee and caffiene you can drink and a great time hanging out with fellow enthousiasts.

There are always other cars out there aside from the Camaros so it's also an excellent time to see some of the 505s best track cars!

Meet at 0715-730 at the Old Town Hotel (Formally the Sheraton Old Town) and everyone will Caravan out.

Still paying off my new stripes so I'm going to be absent guys. :(

Keep the thread hot so that those who are needing info and wanting to go will be taken care of.

Everyone have a fantastic weekend!
Ivan
Old 07-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #704
Ocikat

I find it amazing, dealers really don't make a ton of money on the sale of vehicles. their profits are mostly generated from the service and parts departments. One would kinda think that they would really emphasize excellent sevice customer relations above all. I know in my business if cusomers aren't taken care of ... they will go away.

Thanks Beth
I will go talk with Greg when the need arrises, I appreiciate the input
Howard
Old 07-31-2010, 12:19 AM   #705
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
Sorry if I upset anyone with my opinions about our local Chevy Dealers. I was really upset with the local dealers when I was looking to purchase my Camaro...I didn't want to take my business out of State, but they forced my hand. But I would never bad mouth anyone unless they gave me bad service. I have tried two local dealers and was very disappointed with them both. I actually met one of the Service Providers from Galles at the Dyno at Motiva and he asked about my Camaro and said that if I was going to need service, not to bring it there! Granted he had just quit, but he said that wasn't why! Who knows.
You know...I think car service shops are like hospitals...you can always find someone who loves them and someone who has had a bad experience...its how YOUR experience is with them that counts. So everyone out there...just be proactive! Hopefully we won't need any service on these babies!
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:33 AM   #706
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Sorry if I upset anyone with my opinions about our local Chevy Dealers. I was really upset with the local dealers when I was looking to purchase my Camaro...I didn't want to take my business out of State, but they forced my hand. But I would never bad mouth anyone unless they gave me bad service. I have tried two local dealers and was very disappointed with them both. I actually met one of the Service Providers from Galles at the Dyno at Motiva and he asked about my Camaro and said that if I was going to need service, not to bring it there! Granted he had just quit, but he said that wasn't why! Who knows.
You know...I think car service shops are like hospitals...you can always find someone who loves them and someone who has had a bad experience...its how YOUR experience is with them that counts. So everyone out there...just be proactive! Hopefully we won't need any service on these babies!
Don't worry about offending people over Dealers and their actions....

You help by telling your experience. Nobody got offended!

You're good!
-Ivan
Old 07-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #707
rharp

Drives: 2010 SVT Raptor/ 70 Chevelle SS 396
So this morning I woke up all sorts of early to go to the track.
Who do I see when I get there, no body, well at least no one I know.
Where the heck is everyone?
Thought for sure Diana and Brian would be there.
I was all amped up to take a few laps in a Suby.
Oh well guess I'll see everyone Sunday.
Starting to think everyone is hiding from me since I own a Ford.
rharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #708
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharp View Post

I am so sorry, Rich. Believe me I wanted to go more than anything, but stuff happens. We are definitely NOT hiding from you. I should make both events next week for sure, and I'll let you ride shotgun in my car if you want.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #709
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
Very sxorry as well. we are super slammed at work. Had to go in early to finish things up on a couple projects.

Definately not hiding. May have to make a trip by just to see the truck.

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:16 PM   #710
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharp View Post
Oh we're def hiding....LMAO

I knew that Curt and I were def not going to make it since we both said that we wouldn't last week.

But I'm surprised nobody really showed up! ?? Weather was great up till about 1 or 2 today.

Do I need to go back out and wreck some shit to get people out there again?

-Ivan
Old 08-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #711
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
I wanted to make it out, but work keeps getting in the way. ... next weekend is out for us... both days we will be at the HRC show.

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:56 AM   #712
Ocikat

Quote:
Opinions were exactly what I was seeking and U appreciate you sharing them
Old 08-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #713
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
Sorry Rich....I had said that I wouldn't be able to go on Saturday too! But I am planning on both days next weekend! We all really do want to see this Raptor in action!!!!!
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #714
rharp

Drives: 2010 SVT Raptor/ 70 Chevelle SS 396
It's all good people, I was just being a smart a$$.
I understand that things get in the way, usaully work for most of us.
Ivan, I think you are a big draw to that track,
in fact I over heard one of the guys that work out there telling someone about
your experiance in turn 11. Baylee heard it also and said Ivan is kind of a celebrity
here. Haha. I'm thinkin maybe the next time you go they should put up a big sign that reads...... ( IVAN RETURNS)..... damn, people will come from miles around, and the track will make all sorts of cash. Lol
any way it wasn't all that bad, had a burrito, watched some people run, and went home.
Oh and the kid working the gate actually thought I was gonna race the truck.
Must of thought I was Dale Jerett.
See you all Sunday.
Rich.
rharp is offline   Reply With Quote