Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-07-2023, 08:03 PM   #1
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Ground Cable for sale thread.

Can someone point me to the link for the ground cables for sale. I've searched every for sale section.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 09:11 PM   #2
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
https://www.ebay.com/str/gaugewireandcable

There was someone making a "kit" that was way overpriced. Keep in mind this cable is short and it's best to leave the factory ones alone so this would be just a "booster". Because of this it doesn't need to be a fat cable at all. Some guys just went to local autoparts store and got one easy. I pasted some posts to help you. Sorry I can't credit them now as I saved them for my own reference not intending to post them, they are not my own. The charts and data were my own research. If I wasn't clear I intended to go with 6ga wire. Some guys didn't understand the amps and distances etc and went far overkill on thickness.
Attached Images

Last edited by silversleeper; 09-07-2023 at 09:25 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 09:31 PM   #3
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showp...42&postcount=9
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 07:10 AM   #4
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082RZJWZG...roduct_details
Old 09-08-2023, 08:12 AM   #5
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
I just used 4 ga. in mine from Autozone.. About 8 bucks each. All copper.
Old 09-08-2023, 08:27 AM   #6
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I love the feedback from people on the ground cables. 50% of people say that its a rip off and why would you spend money on a ground cable when you can make your own for $6, with crappy auto parts store stuff. Then the people who buy the cables I make have nothing but good things to say. The quality is there, the customer service is great, and they are very happy to pay a little extra to support a small American business. I have been called a scammer on facebook groups, instagram, you name it... People have told me that if you have a hotstart issue, you have a bad starter not a bad ground. I was always very transparent with my product, I even directly displayed how much the materials cost me, shipping cost me, and how much profit I made which isn't even worth my time to make them honestly. I was trying to support my car community. My post was taken down due to "corporate advertising" so I am no longer advertising here. The cables are 25" for both cables so please feel free to go make your own everyone. I buy all of my supplies on windynation. All in you can order your own supplies for $10 a cable, then spend $30 on a crimping tool for 0g and do it yourself.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 08:39 AM   #7
NoDakZ/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28 CTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
I love the feedback from people on the ground cables. 50% of people say that its a rip off and why would you spend money on a ground cable when you can make your own for $6, with crappy auto parts store stuff. Then the people who buy the cables I make have nothing but good things to say. The quality is there, the customer service is great, and they are very happy to pay a little extra to support a small American business. I have been called a scammer on facebook groups, instagram, you name it... People have told me that if you have a hotstart issue, you have a bad starter not a bad ground. I was always very transparent with my product, I even directly displayed how much the materials cost me, shipping cost me, and how much profit I made which isn't even worth my time to make them honestly. I was trying to support my car community. My post was taken down due to "corporate advertising" so I am no longer advertising here. The cables are 25" for both cables so please feel free to go make your own everyone. I buy all of my supplies on windynation. All in you can order your own supplies for $10 a cable, then spend $30 on a crimping tool for 0g and do it yourself.
You don't deserve that hate, everything was great and quick to arrive. Let people do what they do, you won't please everyone. YOU did help out your community and we appreciate that. I will always help out small business over big box stores even if it costs a bit more.
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
NoDakZ/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 08:44 AM   #8
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
While I know that I could have bought from a box store, from Amazon, or even could have crimped myself (I have the tools needed), I chose not to and wanted to support a fellow member instead. Not every decision should be only decided by dollar value. That mentality is what killed the Mom and Pop shops. I don't know if you made money on it or not, but I hope you did. Time is always a cost to consider and nobody should work for free. You offered a service for people that probably didn't even know they "needed" it. It brought a lot of attention to the grounding issue of these cars. Pretty sure a lot of people bought those, so I know I am not alone in seeing the value of this.

TLDR, Thank you for your product, 10/10 would buy again. Consider supporting the little guy, corporate can afford it.
Old 09-08-2023, 08:47 AM   #9
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Appreciate the kind words SlowLS1 and NoDakZ/28

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 09-08-2023, 08:51 AM   #10
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Well that just sucks!! No wonder I couldn't find it and share it for those who wanted a GOOD home made quality one.. I would have bought yours, but already had the Autozone ones in my parts room. I thought the other ones offered were a bit "over priced" in my book. Thanks for making the ones that you did!
Old 09-08-2023, 09:51 AM   #11
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:

i for one had no idea you made them...i would rather support a member than anyone else also is this a specific v8 problem only or are v6 also prone to this issue? as i may need to make this upcoming mod...
Old 09-08-2023, 09:56 AM   #12
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010sgm View Post
i for one had no idea you made them...i would rather support a member than anyone else also is this a specific v8 problem only or are v6 also prone to this issue? as i may need to make this upcoming mod...
I honestly can't speak on the v6...

Old 09-08-2023, 09:57 AM   #13
RupertPupkin

I would buy and make my own, but I'm just too lazy, and I barely have enough time as it is. I'm gunna scoop 1 up from you Baldy.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:04 AM   #14
RupertPupkin

Anyone know what the thread/bolts is needed?