Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-08-2023, 10:07 AM   #15
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Anyone know what the thread/bolts is needed?
That would be included in the kit sir. Bolt, lock washer, and zipties.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:19 PM   #16
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
I love the feedback from people on the ground cables. 50% of people say that its a rip off and why would you spend money on a ground cable when you can make your own for $6, with crappy auto parts store stuff. Then the people who buy the cables I make have nothing but good things to say. The quality is there, the customer service is great, and they are very happy to pay a little extra to support a small American business. I have been called a scammer on facebook groups, instagram, you name it... People have told me that if you have a hotstart issue, you have a bad starter not a bad ground. I was always very transparent with my product, I even directly displayed how much the materials cost me, shipping cost me, and how much profit I made which isn't even worth my time to make them honestly. I was trying to support my car community. My post was taken down due to "corporate advertising" so I am no longer advertising here. The cables are 25" for both cables so please feel free to go make your own everyone. I buy all of my supplies on windynation. All in you can order your own supplies for $10 a cable, then spend $30 on a crimping tool for 0g and do it yourself.
I find most of the guys in those Facebook groups are clueless and just want to troll. I see Bo White hanging out on one of them trying to help the less fortunate, but the amount of disinformation is incredible and unlike forums, you can't follow a thread to it's conclusion.

I'm pretty cheap and do most things myself. When I was young, I never understood why guys spent so much money on parts and labor and then I got a real job and family. I realized pretty quickly time was the most valuable asset I had. The problem I run into now is too many people suck at what they do, so if I don't do it, it's likely to get screwed up, and if I use Chinese crap, I can plan on doing it again at some point.

Thanks for giving back to the community that supports us all. I've tried to help a lot of people on here because a lot of people have helped me, but I don't think I could bring myself to invest that amount of time and headache that you did on this endeavor.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 01:12 PM   #17
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
I love the feedback from people on the ground cables. 50% of people say that its a rip off and why would you spend money on a ground cable when you can make your own for $6, with crappy auto parts store stuff. Then the people who buy the cables I make have nothing but good things to say. The quality is there, the customer service is great, and they are very happy to pay a little extra to support a small American business. I have been called a scammer on facebook groups, instagram, you name it... People have told me that if you have a hotstart issue, you have a bad starter not a bad ground. I was always very transparent with my product, I even directly displayed how much the materials cost me, shipping cost me, and how much profit I made which isn't even worth my time to make them honestly. I was trying to support my car community. My post was taken down due to "corporate advertising" so I am no longer advertising here. The cables are 25" for both cables so please feel free to go make your own everyone. I buy all of my supplies on windynation. All in you can order your own supplies for $10 a cable, then spend $30 on a crimping tool for 0g and do it yourself.
I appreciate guys like you very much and will support you in anyway that I can. I know your not making insane amounts of money and appreciate you for doing this for the Camaro community. I will put my order shortly if your still doing them. Thank you for supporting us!

Joseph
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 02:53 PM   #18
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
I appreciate guys like you very much and will support you in anyway that I can. I know your not making insane amounts of money and appreciate you for doing this for the Camaro community. I will put my order shortly if your still doing them. Thank you for supporting us!

Joseph
pm sent

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 09-08-2023, 02:55 PM   #19
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

I do wanna say that the whole reason I made those cables was to support my Rad Camaro brethren on this website. You guys are awesome and have really been supportive of me and my build and i just wanted to be a part of the forum. So far you guys have been very accepting and i would personally help any of you with your cars if I could. I really have not made a ton of money doing this. Not even enough to advertise on the site publicly. That is why my post is gone and I am no longer pushing them here.

Old 09-08-2023, 06:14 PM   #20
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
pm sent
I didn't get a pm.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 11:19 PM   #21
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
what I didn't like when I went to clean my factory trunk grounds IIRC the body connection point was so flimsy. IIRC it was very thin threads under there to transfer power. Painted on top so couldn't spread it over the body metal well either. I did clean it and put dielectric gel on it anyhow. I'm thinking putting any fatter cable in parallel (next to) the factory cable would serve little purpose. If any "improvement" was noticed it would be because of moving things around scraping off some corrosion only.

I felt when I got around to doing this project I'd go with 6ga wire to a DIFFERENT trunk ground point bolt/screw.
Then up front any frame bolt to any engine tranny bolt or bolt hole that would take a bolt. Again very short cable. 6ga.

I have no idea what bald has come up with and how this may or not resemble anything he does.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 06:52 PM   #22
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Thanks for the product Baldy. Looks good. Now just to find some time to install these.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 10:44 AM   #23
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
I had a ton of issues trying to remove the stock ground bolt, snapped the bolt and could not get the stock bolt out at all.

Wound up talking to a local body shop and they went ahead and made me a new ground hole, sealed everything, rust proofed it all.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 08:42 PM   #24
theflea42
#938 of 1524

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition Camaro
Instead of crimping on those big cable lugs, I cut the insulation on the wire to where the copper was all the way inside the lug and the insulation was right at the edge of the lug. I used a butane torch to fill the lug with solder, then inserted the wire into the melted solder in the lug. I moved the wire/lug out from the torch flame and let it cool down. I put on some shrink tubing to make it look good and it seems to be working out ok.
theflea42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 07:55 AM   #25
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Maybe I’m late to the party, but what exactly are these ground cables for? Can someone explain?

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:52 AM   #26
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
It helps with hard/hot starts. Also, could help with electric power steering issues.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 10:00 AM   #27
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=pbSCICsau0M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=pbSCICsau0M
Old 09-25-2023, 12:47 PM   #28
Chester

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Watched that video before, starting doesn't sound any different after installing the trunk ground cable then before. Still had the same stumble/ delay
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote