Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 07-31-2021, 05:02 PM   #15
Shodown

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Yeah Killer Chiller is the cheapest. All said and done mine was $1300 ish (recharge and AN hoses included).

FI is really good too but way more pricey. If I had to do it again and knowing what I know now I'd get another Killer Chiller with the understanding that I will have to replace a few parts and his shipping is suuuuuuper slow just just be patient.
2014 ZL1 M6: Roto Fab Intake, LS3 TB, Long Tube Headers, NPP, Mild 2 Wild, JMS BAP, SMG aux pump, ID 1050X Injectors, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, 10.5" DSX Lower Pulley, Killer Chiller, Tuned by Ted at JRE, Pedders XA Extreme coilovers, Mickey Thompson Street S/S on Weld S71s
Shodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:13 PM   #16
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
good to know. so he must build them to order. maybe ill order it during the winter months so i dont feel rushed to get it installed if his shipping is super slow.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:23 PM   #17
Shodown

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Yes I think he is built to order.

*caveat* I bought mine last July during the peak of covid so it might be better now.
2014 ZL1 M6: Roto Fab Intake, LS3 TB, Long Tube Headers, NPP, Mild 2 Wild, JMS BAP, SMG aux pump, ID 1050X Injectors, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, 10.5" DSX Lower Pulley, Killer Chiller, Tuned by Ted at JRE, Pedders XA Extreme coilovers, Mickey Thompson Street S/S on Weld S71s
Shodown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:45 PM   #18
Full_Spectrum

Drives: 2013 ZL1
You might want to call Dave at Active Interchiller in Florida. He seems to be the most competent of any of the chiller guys.

Covid related delays are to be expected with any parts right now and these are no exception.
Full_Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:35 PM   #19
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
If all possible, I would get the supercharger ported and go with the chiller as well, which would put you into some strong horsepower.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 07:50 AM   #20
Full_Spectrum

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Spectrum View Post
You might want to call Dave at Active Interchiller in Florida. He seems to be the most competent of any of the chiller guys.

Covid related delays are to be expected with any parts right now and these are no exception.
Update to this post-

Having ordered my Active Chiller back in August of 21, I finally had to demand my money back in March of 22. Thankfully, he refunded my money.

I think that Dave is dealing with a lot of stuff and maybe isnt capable of supplying these kits.
I have no less than 10 emails where he claims 'your order will ship this week' or something similar- only to never have that happen.

Im trying to be understanding here as things are tough for lots of folks...but I dont want anyone to see my previous post and order from him as a result. Hopefully he gets things sorted.
Full_Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 04:43 PM   #21
tartagliazl1

thanks for sharing. good to know.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
Old 04-23-2022, 01:57 AM   #22
GENFGTS

Drives: HSV GTS
Just go with kirk at FI Interchillers ive got one on my car with bulk porting done to the charger also, his kit is complete and he knows what hes talking about always there with tech help night or day answers the phone talked to me for an hour plus about my setup and how to get the best out of it.
GENFGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 09:59 AM   #23
JBZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I am going interchiller route. I am way up here in Canada eh , everyone said " just upgrade the IC and you'll be fine" or " just ice the SC between runs " etc. Well I did that, put a 3" dual fan AFCO setup on. 2 years ago I was at the drag strip running 12 flat, matching a new at the time C8 stingray ! While in the staging lanes my IAT2's were climbing like a mofo!! 130+ !! I tried everything , shut the car off, push it, hood open etc, nothing would cool it.. I should have had him easy, I have drag radials and know how to drive my car lol
I was so mad that I was powerless to drop the IAT2 , it was then that I decided an interchiller was in my future !!!
Keep in mind I'm only on a 2.4 upper, no lower. Plus the usual bolt ons, tune etc, ported blower as well.

2012 ZL1 preproduction car #13
ROTO-FAB intake / IC reservoir , 2.85" upper , ported inlet
JBZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 03:18 PM   #24
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZL1 View Post
I am going interchiller route. I am way up here in Canada eh , everyone said " just upgrade the IC and you'll be fine" or " just ice the SC between runs " etc. Well I did that, put a 3" dual fan AFCO setup on. 2 years ago I was at the drag strip running 12 flat, matching a new at the time C8 stingray ! While in the staging lanes my IAT2's were climbing like a mofo!! 130+ !! I tried everything , shut the car off, push it, hood open etc, nothing would cool it.. I should have had him easy, I have drag radials and know how to drive my car lol
I was so mad that I was powerless to drop the IAT2 , it was then that I decided an interchiller was in my future !!!
Keep in mind I'm only on a 2.4 upper, no lower. Plus the usual bolt ons, tune etc, ported blower as well.

Hmm I’m pushing more boost than you . I’ve hot lapped my car 4times before my iat’2 exceeded 140. That without ice in the tank - I’m running 6gal trunk tank with emp pump
Old 01-05-2024, 03:44 PM   #25
tartagliazl1

I also used to run the afco with fans. My ait2 never got to 130 just idling. The afco is very efficient. Maybe you have some air in the system. I’m currently FI stage 2 Interchiller and it’s always winter during the summer. lol