Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #1
b4wheeler

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
Intake manifold power question.

What would happen if I installed an aftermarket intake manifold on my car, and I only have LTs, exhaust, CAI, and tune.

Would I lose power, or would i just not make any more.

Reason I ask is because my engine bay is boring and I feel one of the low rise manifolds would make it a little more flashy.

Yes I want it for looks.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:21 PM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
If you want it for looks then do it. The amount of power you'll gain is very minimal. I know a guy running a LSX 427 with a LS7 intake making 1,100+rwhp.

Personally I like the look of Rotofab's engine covers or Holley's coil pack covers if you're looking to make a visual statement.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:22 PM   #3
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
depending on which manifold you go with, you may even lose power on a stock car. Here is a good link for you to read when you have time. It will help you

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/gian...dyno-shootout/

if you want something that will stand out and gain minimal power as well, the Fast LSXR Long runner is what you want. around $1K and it will look different than the stock manifold. Any other manifold you will lose power on a stock L99 or LS3

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:26 AM   #4
jman17

Drives: 2011 SS-2/1969 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4wheeler View Post
What would happen if I installed an aftermarket intake manifold on my car, and I only have LTs, exhaust, CAI, and tune.

Would I lose power, or would i just not make any more.

Reason I ask is because my engine bay is boring and I feel one of the low rise manifolds would make it a little more flashy.

Yes I want it for looks.
The OEM LS3 intake manifolds is one of the best performing manifolds out there to a certain power range.

2011 SS-2 LS3 M6 MODS: P1X ProCharger, Squash dual fuel pumps, ID fuel injectors, Cam: Pat G designed/EPS Ground (228/234 .629”/.629” 114 LSA +4 advance), Lethal Racing ported throttle-body and intake manifold, Kooks 1 7/8” Long Tube Headers, Dynomax Bullet Cat-Back System, Skip Shift Eliminator
jman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #5
STALKER

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE
If you plan on eventually doing a cam or heads, then I would look into doing an aftermarket intake because it will benefit you at that time....if you don't plan on doing any of that, its not worth the money for just looks on a stock engine. Minimal power gains, if any at all.
LSX Block, MAST 305 Black Labels, Exceldyne Valves, Diamond Pistons, Callies Crank & Rods, Cam Motion Cam, Johnson 2116LSR Lifters, Comp XDA Pushrods, Jesel Rockers, Mamo MSD, NW 102, Roto-Fab CAI, FAST 65# Injectors, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Kooks 2" Headers, Corsa Sport 3" Catback, Z28 Shifter, ZR1 Clutch, Katech LW Flywheel, 1LE 3.91 Diff, LPW Diff Cover, BMR - 1.4" Springs, LCA's, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Sway Bars, End Links, Diff Bushings, and Tunnel Brace, Z28/1LE Strut Tower Brace, Improved Racing Oil Cooler

2023 Camaro ZL1 / 1LE
Stock
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #6
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Sticking with stock and hydrodipping it would probably be best for you. After market intakes are made for cars that see higher rpms than a stock car will allow. Even if you make minimally more hp you’ll lose a lot more tq
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote